Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
-King- 08:50 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Elon Musk could tweet tomorrow that a blowjob doesn't actually feel good and people would sell their crypto.

I still don't understand why people care about what he says on crypto.
(and I like what Elon has done for solar, EV cars, and space travel)

Just ignore his fucking tweets and stop panic selling, lol.
Cause Elon is by far the most accessible tech "genius" there is and he makes cool shit. So if this tech genius who makes cool shit says something about a tech I don't really understand, I should follow it!!
[Reply]
ghak99 08:56 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Elon Musk could tweet tomorrow that a blowjob doesn't actually feel good and people would sell their crypto.

I still don't understand why people care about what he says on crypto.
(and I like what Elon has done for solar, EV cars, and space travel)

Just ignore his fucking tweets and stop panic selling, lol.

Na, keep flapping those gums Musk!

They've got to drive this shit down to low 20s so I can do something really stupid.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06-05-2021, 10:58 PM
This message has been deleted by Halfcan. Reason: Privacy Concerns.
Halfcan 11:09 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
The rest of my CP career? Is that how you think of this place? You are getting back exactly what you give out on this bar and crying foul. Hey come what may!

Good luck with your revenge fantasy.
You belong in Romper room. All you do is troll random threads and derail them.

:-)
[Reply]
Michelangelo 01:24 AM 06-06-2021
I agree with Raoul Pal. Community tokens will be HUGE, and it’s pretty much untapped at the moment. CHZ ($1.5B mkt cap) leads the way at #62 on the crypto rankings. Social tokens will be the future of digital communities. Eventually all sports teams will be tokenized, and so will other types of entertainment communities. Currently, FC Barcelona has the most valuable fan token on the CHZ platform at $51 million, #458 on the crypto rankings, but I bet NFL teams will catch up.

https://www.chiliz.com/en/what-is-a-...-do-they-work/

What is a fan token and how do they work?

chiliZ ($CHZ) is an ERC20 utility token on the Ethereum blockchain that serves as the digital currency for the chiliZ and Socios.com platform. In launching our platform, alongside other sports blockchain ventures, a new category of token has emerged — the Fan Token. Once onboard the Socios.com platform, our (yet-to-be-announced) club partners host what we have termed a Fan Token Offering (FTO). Fans must purchase $CHZ via a cryptocurrency exchange in order to acquire Fan Tokens. These tokens — which are specific to a team or club — are a finite, digital asset that provide access to an encrypted ledger of voting and membership rights ownership.

Ownerships offers fans the ability to participate in fan-led decisions through a mobile voting platform, as well as serving as a ticket into a secure, exclusive inner circle of fans, with shared passions and beliefs. The more tokens a fan holds, and they more they vote, the higher the clout rating of that fan, moving them upwards through different reward tiers until they have access to the biggest VIP benefits that are on offer.

Football clubs intend to use Socios.com as part of their fan engagement strategy to continue to build their global fan bases, particularly in Asia, where the football fan community is experiencing exceptional growth. Socios.com connects the clubs to their fan bases, securing additional revenue streams that are digital, secure, transparent and entirely connected to the real fan experience.
[Reply]
eDave 06-06-2021, 05:00 AM
This message has been deleted by eDave.
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:09 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
You went away 25 days before an event that made you reevaluate your priorities.

Sure. :-)
You need to reevaluate yourself... My god, you could chalk it up to being young and dumb if you didn't have a start date of 2002...
[Reply]
Michelangelo 06-06-2021, 12:47 PM
This message has been deleted by Michelangelo.
Michelangelo 12:56 PM 06-06-2021
Anonymous posted a threatening video to Elon Musk today.
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:12 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Michelangelo:
Anonymous posted a threatening video to Elon Musk today.
Interesting, but I don't think anyone is scared of Anonymous anymore.
[Reply]
Michelangelo 05:37 PM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Interesting, but I don't think anyone is scared of Anonymous anymore.
Cybersecurity is getting so good, I doubt Anonymous is a real threat anymore. But I bet that video upset Elon. We’ll see if he continues to troll.

It’s true what they said.

Millions of retail investors were really counting on their crypto gains to improve their lives. This is something that you will never understand because you were born into the stolen wealth of a South African apartheid emerald mine and have no clue what struggle is like for most of the working people in the world.

'Of course, they took the risk upon themselves when they invested, and everyone knows to be prepared for volatility in crypto, but your tweets this week show a clear disregard for the average working person.

'As hardworking people have their dreams liquidated over your public temper tantrums, you continue to mock them with memes from one of your million dollar mansions.'

:-)
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:46 AM 06-07-2021
Interesting post from the SAFEMOON reddit:LINK

Originally Posted by :
Thoughts on SafeMoon from a Banking/Intelligence perspective.
Discussion
Background.

I work for a large national bank as an investigator, essentially performing account surveillance and analysis to ensure clients are not laundering money and the bank’s assets are safe from other suspicious activity. Prior to this, I spent around ten years in military intelligence and defense contracting.

In my current field, I look at hundreds of accounts every month. In the last year and a half, I have noted a marked and steady increase in activity of fiat to crypto and back. I am not a crypto or financial expert and the charts over this time period have obviously indicated this. I merely want to add first hand proof. This activity comes from people of all income levels and occupations. I’ve seen stuff you wouldn’t believe. I once saw a client draw over $100K on a HELOC and go all in on BTC. Similarly, I’ve seen several client’s use debt consolidation loan funds to go heavily into crypto. Continue when your eyes stop bugging out.

In my very small sliver of the industry, crypto is viewed with at least mild suspicion due primarily to the overarching assumption it is used for illicit activity. As if cash is not used for extensive illicit activities. My job literally revolves around illicit activity using fiat currency. This view of crypto is changing slowly and likely from the bottom up, which will leave at least a few banks scrambling when integration with crypto is a requirement.

SafeMoon.

I’ve dabbled in some of the big names in crypto over the last five years, but was missing the functionality of established currencies. Being in banking, I know at least a little about what people want out of their money, functionally speaking. Crypto is headed in the right direction and will reach a tipping point sooner rather than later, I believe. Things like competitive fees and transaction rates/volumes are just a few of the surface level requirements needed in this blossoming industry. Doubtful this is news to anyone, but we need to consider these aspects when doing any kind of long term work or investing. Short term, sure, do whatever makes you happy. No hate on any hype coins or tokens out there. If we want this all to be taken seriously and fundamentally change the world we live in, we have to ask: What do we want from our money? I don’t mean what we want to obtain/do with it. I mean, if we could make a currency to fulfill all our needs as a monetary system, what would that look like? This is where we are; the cutting edge of change in this field.

I do not believe SafeMoon is attempting to replace BTC as a store of value or even become a primary means of payment for goods and services. This is primarily based on the 10% tax which is redistributed. If you are unaware of the upcoming products and projects SafeMoon has in the pipe, DYOR time now. That being said, the bits and pieces people have assembled thus far have some all but jaw dropping indications for what is coming.

We all know quality products take time to develop. These items they are working on will take years to get right. Competition will also add a layer of intrigue. If SafeMoon accomplishes all their internal objectives and manages to become a go-to in the crypto space, others are going to attempt to get in on that slice of the pie. Competition will spur additional innovation and will be fascinating to watch. Buckle up.

A few things to wrap up.

When I initially got into SafeMoon I was unaware Karony was prior Intelligence and still in the industry. He undoubtedly maintains a TS/SCI clearance and likely a lifestyle polygraph to boot. Being part of that industry myself, it gives me confidence in the company and road map. Consequences for rug pulls or other schemes for someone like Karony would be swift and far reaching.

Karony’s parents being former (current?) CIA is interesting and not a bad thing. We know their involvement in The Gambia has set up that particular part of Pheonix. I’ve worked in intelligence in both Iraq and AFG in both tactical and strategic levels. Been in many meetings with CIA intel people and think this is value added for SafeMoon. I will not be able to speculate or speak further regarding any CIA/SafeMoon connection.

Karony’s parents attending and speaking at BYU, living in and SafeMoon being a registered business in Provo, Utah are all indicators the family is likely LDS. This holds significance to me solely due to what I know of this religion and the people who follow it. It indicates a probable firm moral base, if nothing else. Regardless of your thoughts and feelings on this religion, a healthy moral base for a CEO can’t help but bolster confidence in the company and road map as a whole.

The road ahead for crypto will have some bumps and even pot holes, but I am confident we are ushering in a new era. Banks will likely have more push back if they do not or are unwilling to adapt in this time. China attempting to launch their digital currency will be interesting with all the recent news and intelligence regarding their involvement in derogatory world events over the last year and a half. Not sure I would want to jump in bed with anything offered from them after recent news. I am sure other individuals and countries share that hesitation. However, I am confident they (China) too will correct and aim to solve some problems with their currency.

I hope my two cents helped someone. SafeMoon is a long term hold for me. I am confident in the team. I am confident in the products and services being worked on. I don’t see those changing so nothing on the charts is going to shake my diamond hands.

CrushFudNotBud
I found the insight into the CEO, John Karony's background and upbringing interesting as far as the Intelligence community goes. It makes sense when Karony boasts the following:

Also this development...

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:52 AM 06-07-2021
Every coins subreddit is an echo chamber of why that particular coin is undervalued and should moon while declaring everything else a shitcoin.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:01 AM 06-07-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Every coins subreddit is an echo chamber of why that particular coin is undervalued and should moon while declaring everything else a shitcoin.
I'm fully aware of that but this post stood out to me as quite different thus the share here.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:51 PM 06-07-2021
Jesus, did Musk tweet something stupid again or what?
[Reply]
eDave 06:53 PM 06-07-2021
You are in for a real treat. Welcome back from exile.
[Reply]
-King- 07:19 PM 06-07-2021
Cum rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:30 PM 06-07-2021
I don't pay attention to crypto at all. What's the reaction to the fact that the US government was able to seize the bitcoin that was used to pay the pipeline ransom? I thought one of the big selling points of crypto was that a government couldn't do that.
[Reply]
Page 206 of 261
« First < 106156196202203204205206 207208209210216256 > Last »
Up