View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 225 of 343
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:00 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
It’s not always going to look THIS bad to be fair. We’ve played probably 4 out of the best 8ish? pass rushes. Obviously we’re going to have to get past Von and the bills, but we’ve played a murderers row so far
The list of pass rushers we've faced is pretty stacked. That is true.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:01 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I heard a piece on Sirius NFL Channel a few weeks ago about a team that was having some struggles with their tackles. And the team basically ran all of their plays out of the shotgun.

They said the defense was at the advantage vs the run, because they (especially the LB's) can see the ball and the whole team can play the run while on their way to rush the QB. And the tackles on the team were not very good, so the QB was constantly under pressure on pasing plays.

Their advice was to run more plays under center. They said it slows the DE's enough to let the tackles be more effective, and doesn't allow the defense to play the run on the way to the QB because they can't see the ball.

Now this segment wasn't about us, but it fits.

Without reinventing the offense, could we go under center an extra 10 to 15 plays and help our running game and our passsing game too?

And yes I know we are at the top of the NFL on offense. But there are still issues on that side of the ball that need a little help.
I think it would be really really difficult.

The timing of the routes are all completely different from shotgun vs. under center. And if you're going under center and running 80% of the time and then passing 90% of the time from the gun, you're telegraphing your play calling something awful.

I just don't think it's a realistic expectation in-season when you have weekly installs centered around the teams you're playing rather than 1,000 mile views and changes to the system.

That's very much building the plan while you're flying it. I just don't see it happening. There aren't enough practice reps to do weekly installs AND wholesale changes to the timing of your passing game.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:02 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The third one is one I haven't thought about yet.

Yes, somebody will pay him.

No, he won't ever play RT again. He won't allow that.

So that leaves us with a couple of options, one of which is tagging him again. It's been brought up many times but I don't recall any discussion of whether or not he would even SIGN a 2nd tag. I bet he won't.
There is no way he signs a second Tag. Nada chance. Has any NFL player ever signing a 2nd one?

We either trade him and get whatever we can for him or pay him. If you let him walk, it will cost you more than draft picks and money.

At the end of the day, what I don't want is a pedestrian/Average LT protecting our football saviors blind side.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:04 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There is no way he signs a second Tag. Nada chance. Has any NFL player ever signing a 2nd one?

We either trade him and get whatever we can for him or pay him. Id you let him walk, it will cost you more than draft picks and money.

At the end of the day, what I don't want is a pedestrian/Average LT protecting our football saviors blind side.
If he won't sign the tag, they're going to have trouble trading him. Hell, they're going to have trouble trading him anyway because of his contract demands combined with his lackluster play.

We really only have two options - sign him or let him walk - and only one of those is even palatable, draft picks and money be damned.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:06 AM 10-20-2022
The list of pass rushers we've faced is pretty stacked. That is true.
And I think people are even sleeping on Zach Allen and Markus Golden with the Cardinals.

Both of those guys would be the best edge players we have. Golden had 11 sacks last year and Allen is a guy who's developed really nicely (one of the annual "hey, maybe the Chiefs should select this guy in the 1st round!!" players out of BC not too long ago).

Part of the reason we are so hard on our tackles right now is that we're watching a game where our QB is getting pressured and theirs isn't. Fellas - that's because our edge players just flat suck. When George Karlaftis, who even when fully developed is going to be a lunch-pail SDE who just impacts plays more than he destroys them, is your best edge guy....well your edges suck.

Maybe Danna can get back into his early-season groove and help things out a bit there. But in the end, we're going to be at a pass rush disadvantage in every single game we play this year. Part of it is because of our Ts being mediocre pass protectors. But an even bigger part of it is that our edge defenders suck and it skews our perspective.
[Reply]
Valiant 08:13 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As a 'swing and miss' goes, Veach gave up the equivalent of a 2nd, got two years of cost controlled play at LT, and would get a 3rd back.

That's not bad value, really.
It was a good gamble. But I would let him walk or see if we can tag and trade. He is not worth what he is wanting.

I do agree we need to start taking a lot more snaps under center. Would help our run game a lot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
It was a good gamble. But I would let him walk or see if we can tag and trade. He is not worth what he is wanting.
We wont be able to tag and trade. What team will do that? Give up draft picks and sign him to a top 5 contract? Especially a lower tier team. They will wait till next year and give him his money and we get shit.

No way we should just let him walk without some kind of compensation. Our options are very limited.
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And I think people are even sleeping on Zach Allen and Markus Golden with the Cardinals.

Both of those guys would be the best edge players we have. Golden had 11 sacks last year and Allen is a guy who's developed really nicely (one of the annual "hey, maybe the Chiefs should select this guy in the 1st round!!" players out of BC not too long ago).

Part of the reason we are so hard on our tackles right now is that we're watching a game where our QB is getting pressured and theirs isn't. Fellas - that's because our edge players just flat suck. When George Karlaftis, who even when fully developed is going to be a lunch-pail SDE who just impacts plays more than he destroys them, is your best edge guy....well your edges suck.

Maybe Danna can get back into his early-season groove and help things out a bit there. But in the end, we're going to be at a pass rush disadvantage in every single game we play this year. Part of it is because of our Ts being mediocre pass protectors. But an even bigger part of it is that our edge defenders suck and it skews our perspective.
It's gonna be better when we sit at pick 30 and take another lunch pail guy who can be strong vs the run.

I'm excited.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:27 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We wont be able to tag and trade. What team will do that? Give up draft picks and sign him to a top 5 contract? Especially a lower tier team. They will wait till next year and give him his money and we get shit.

No way we should just let him walk without some kind of compensation. Our options are very limited.
We'll likely get a 3rd rounder if he walks. It's not nothing.

You cannot bring him back at his current salary demands. Hell, you really can't even bring him back at what the Chiefs offered him.

Letting him walk is really the only palatable option.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:29 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's gonna be better when we sit at pick 30 and take another lunch pail guy who can be strong vs the run.

I'm excited.
We'll go T or WR in the first, depending on the board (IMO).

We'll go DE in the 2nd and probably again in the 4th. We'll find specialized guys vs. trying to get a true blue-chipper. And frankly, that may well be good enough.

I really hope Drake Jackson doesn't show out this week. He was my dude in the 2nd round. Well him and Sam Williams, but Williams ain't lining up across from us...
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We'll go T or WR in the first, depending on the board (IMO).

We'll go DE in the 2nd and probably again in the 4th. We'll find specialized guys vs. trying to get a true blue-chipper. And frankly, that may well be good enough.

I really hope Drake Jackson doesn't show out this week. He was my dude in the 2nd round. Well him and Sam Williams, but Williams ain't lining up across from us...
Until they get a real dude on the edge, I dont' think specialized guys are good enough when it gets in January. Lets face it, we aren't playing for October and November anymore. You need someone that can get Josh Allen on the ground in January.

Look at the Bills. Great defense last year, but just didn't have the guy. Now they do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:33 AM 10-20-2022
Until they get a real dude on the edge, I dont' think specialized guys are good enough.

Look at the Bills. Great defense last year, but just didn't have the guy. Now they do.
Just come out and say his name. You know you want to.
[Reply]
O.city 08:34 AM 10-20-2022
Just come out and say his name. You know you want to.
I've moved on sadly.

I think you go big game hunting in FA AND draft a guy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 10-20-2022
Until they get a real dude on the edge, I dont' think specialized guys are good enough.

Rousseau and Basham weren't playing at this level last year either.

Yes, Miller is a difference maker, but where they got Miller, we got Frank Sisterfucking Clark. And where they got him for $$, we gave up substantial draft capital AND $$.

It's impossible to overstate how badly the Frank Clark mess worked out for us, especially when you start to compare it to what's going on with other teams and how their 'splash' plays worked for them.

On the flipside, for 1 year, Frank Clark was merely bad. And in that single year, we won a SB. There's a lot of runway in front of the Von Miller deal and the book has yet to be written on that transaction. Maybe 2 years from now Buffalo fans will have threads about Von Miller as well.

I doubt it, because I don't think Von Miller is a drunk with a rumbly tumbly and no elbows. But whatever - it could happen.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:37 AM 10-20-2022
The excuse that we've played a relatively harder group of EDGE rushers is such fucking horseshit. Who the fuck are we going up against in January that DOESN'T have at least above average pass rushers? Seriously, name them.

The Bills, Bengals, Colts, and Titans have all already proven they have the ability to absolutely abuse him, Reid wouldn't even let the Chargers have a chance, and the Jets, Ravens, Browns, and Jaguars all have the talent to mollywhop him.

Hell, even the Broncos have a slim chance of sneaking in provided they fire the worst head coach in modern history and Russ/Rypien can give them QB play that's below average. Unless we somehow make up our 2 game gap to the Bills, we're going to have to face three of these teams to make the Super Bowl.

This current level of play just isn't sustainable by Brown. We need an incredible step forward for him to not be a complete liability.
[Reply]
Page 225 of 343
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235275325 > Last »
Up