View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 222 of 343
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:22 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hell, I still think he ends up siginig a deal and staying here.
I do too.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:23 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He isn't.

He's going to go into FA and get a massive deal as a left tackle. And he'll be an upgrade for someone. Will he be worth his deal? Nah. But for a team that has a young QB and developing skill players but a rough T situation, he's a good get.

The Jets can probably give him a deal that's effectively guaranteeing him 3/$60+ million. And other squads will be in on him as well.
Jets have got Bekhton at LT if he recovers fine. Unlikely they'll want to spend the money there I'd imagine. Not doubting there is a team who will overpay for him, but I do wonder where he realistically lands.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hell, I still think he ends up siginig a deal and staying here.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I do too.
At what kind of price tag? The original deal the Chiefs offered?

I don't want him back at over $20M per, not anymore.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:25 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I have a horrible feeling that offer stays on the table from Veach.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Jets have got Bekhton at LT if he recovers fine. Unlikely they'll want to spend the money there I'd imagine. Not doubting there is a team who will overpay for him, but I do wonder where he realistically lands.
They were talking about trading him before he got hurt. Again. And that's after they'd moved him to RT to replace him with George Fant - who is not good.

I think they're about done with Becton. I think we see him traded for a 3rd at best; down a potential 5th, this offseason and they go a different direction. That pick just hasn't worked out for them and they most assuredly can't bank on him 'recovering fine' when this is the second time that knee has given out in 18 months.
[Reply]
JPH83 09:29 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They were talking about trading him before he got hurt. Again. And that's after they'd moved him to RT to replace him with George Fant - who is not good.

I think they're about done with Becton. I think we see him traded for a 3rd at best; down a potential 5th, this offseason and they go a different direction. That pick just hasn't worked out for them and they most assuredly can't bank on him 'recovering fine' when this is the second time that knee has given out in 18 months.
Were they? Fair enough, hadn't seen that. Granted the injuries are mounting up but man that is a quick move on for a guy who actually looked decent enough.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:31 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I have a horrible feeling that offer stays on the table from Veach.
Good fucking God, no. He eats the tag a second time before we give him anywhere close to that sort of deal. I'd figure the prospects of securing his bag would have him playing the best football of his career, but it seems even the contract year isn't quite undefeated.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good fucking God, no. He eats the tag a second time before we give him anywhere close to that sort of deal. I'd figure the prospects of securing his bag would have him playing the best football of his career, but it seems even the contract year isn't quite undefeated.
Tagging him again just adds 20% to his already $16M guaranteed price tag. I'm not sure even that is tenable.

They either have to re-sign him or let him walk, IMO.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:35 AM 10-19-2022
Tagging him again just adds 20% to his already $16M guaranteed price tag. I'm not sure even that is tenable.

They either have to re-sign him or let him walk, IMO.
Oh, I'm packing his bags for him and throwing them out the door the second we're in the off season. IF he stays I'd much rather.it be on the tag. But there's absolutely no way at all I'm giving him any sort of deal now knowing his history of struggling to stay motivated.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Oh, I'm packing his bags for him and throwing them out the door the second we're in the off season. IF he stays I'd much rather.it be on the tag. But there's absolutely no way at all I'm giving him any sort of deal now knowing his history of struggling to stay motivated.
One of the reasons why he turned down the contract was because the Chiefs had structured it to have outs...from what I've heard.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
One of the reasons why he turned down the contract was because the Chiefs had structured it to have outs...from what I've heard.
All the more reason to move on. Surely he knows deep down this isn't going to end well if he digs in his heels.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:42 AM 10-19-2022
no one is paying this guy LT money after this season

i bet we get a pretty good starting RT out of this fiasco

let varch WRK
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:44 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
no one is paying this guy LT money after this season

i bet we get a pretty good starting RT out of this fiasco

let varch WRK
You are completely clueless when it comes to shit like this. Anyone who thinks that Brown is going to just give up on being a LT....is borderline retarded.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 10-19-2022
He's shown he can play LT. Not at an elite level, but at a good competent level.

There just aren't many of those guys walking around the earth. He's gonna get paid and play LT somewhere.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 10-19-2022

I would guess at that or just under maybe. I dunno. I have a bad feeling it's for more.
[Reply]
Page 222 of 343
« First < 122172212218219220221222 223224225226232272322 > Last »
Up