View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 221 of 343
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:34 AM 10-18-2022
Von Miller isn’t a first ballot HOF? What? Really?

I don’t like him either but…wut?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Von Miller isn’t a first ballot HOF? What? Really?

I don’t like him either but…wut?
Try reading it again.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:42 AM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
There it is. Quit handwaving away this schmucks bullshit. The Cardinals have an absolute dearth of talent at pass rusher. I mean, ****ing NOBODY. Guess how many pressures Brown gave up? ****ing FIVE. To absolute nobodies. This guy has been ****ing shit ALL season and it's ****ing tiring to read otherwise.
Not sure where the Cardinals game stuff is coming from. I think we all agree he struggled in that one.

The Bills game he was fine. Same for the Bucs game. He also wasn’t near as bad as he looked against the Chargers.

That doesn’t mean I want him getting the resetting the market contract. If he keeps playing like yesterday then I would be fine giving him a contract that Veach offered last Spring that looks like a huge contract on paper but isn’t when you actually look at the details.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:49 AM 10-18-2022
Wasn't near as bad as he looked against the Chargers?!??! Are you insane?!? Reid deliberately game planned to mitigate Brown and Wylie being shit to the best of his ability and in turn effectively neutered our own offense. As a result we needed a 99 yard pick 6 to even be competitive. And he STILL looked like C Dif shit. That's a massive fucking fail.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wasn't near as bad as he looked against the Chargers?!??! Are you insane?!? Reid deliberately game planned to mitigate Brown and Wylie being shit to the best of his ability and in turn effectively neutered our own offense. As a result we needed a 99 yard pick 6 to even be competitive. And he STILL looked like C Dif shit. That's a massive ****ing fail.
Care to name a replacement that does better? Seriously you guys think our LT needs to be Willie Roaf out there.

Bosa and Mack are top 10 edge rushers. One of them is top 5 while the other is flirting with that.

How many LT’s in this league are holding off those guys and Von Miller 1v1 most of the time without getting beat? Bc man there are not many LT’s like that out there, and they sure as hell aren’t on the open market.

RT’s have been easier to find in the draft but a quality, good LT is very difficult to obtain. Your likely giving up an expensive amount of draft picks to move up and even have a chance of drafting one.

It’s a very tough spot to be in
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:18 PM 10-18-2022
Again, OBJ was NOT blocking Von fucking Miller. He was lined up against Rousseau most of the day.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:35 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Care to name a replacement that does better? Seriously you guys think our LT needs to be Willie Roaf out there.

Bosa and Mack are top 10 edge rushers. One of them is top 5 while the other is flirting with that.

How many LT’s in this league are holding off those guys and Von Miller 1v1 most of the time without getting beat? Bc man there are not many LT’s like that out there, and they sure as hell aren’t on the open market.

RT’s have been easier to find in the draft but a quality, good LT is very difficult to obtain. Your likely giving up an expensive amount of draft picks to move up and even have a chance of drafting one.

It’s a very tough spot to be in
If RT have been easier to find why can’t we find one of those either?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:40 PM 10-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Because I think he expects help inside as well so he's playing it 'straight'. If he cheats too far inside, it's not like McKinnon can wall off Miller on a simple chip.

And OBJ is doing a lot of OBJ stuff there, IMO. He does get re-set and eventually stands Rousseau up. Look at Mahomes drifting there - he's drifting INTO Brown. Brown gets Rousseau stood up a yard outside the left hash, but Mahomes has drifted that direction. Then of course the right side fails miserably and he has nowhere to go.

I don't think that's a bad rep from Brown - it just looks worse than it was because Wylie/Smith folded and Mahomes, strangely, brings himself into Brown's lap a bit. His feet are following his eyes as he's dropping back and it tightens that split up quite a bit.
Agreed. Not a HoF quality block, but he's doing enough to give Pat some options if Pat wasn't drifting right into him. Wylie got straight fucking Jordan Black'd.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:50 AM 10-19-2022
mahomes has to do a better job - chiefs pass block win rate is high

some of these pressures and sacks are on him, like that third and 6

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:10 AM 10-19-2022
So the question is… how big is OBJs ego? Does he at some point swallow his pride and recognize that he’s a RT? Because the more he denies it the more his future contract value goes down down down. Have we reached the point where he can get paid more as a good Rt than he would as a bad LT?

Because if we can salvage this trade and save a ton of money by giving RT money it might be worth it
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:12 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So the question is… how big is OBJs ego? Does he at some point swallow his pride and recognize that he’s a RT? Because the more he denies it the more his future contract value goes down down down. Have we reached the point where he can get paid more as a good Rt than he would as a bad LT?

Because if we can salvage this trade and save a ton of money by giving RT money it might be worth it
This isn't going to fucking happen. Just like we're not moving Branden Albert to guard.
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 10-19-2022
There's zero reason for him to move to RT. He gets to FA and makes the most money at LT.

Guys, just come on.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

He isn't.

He's going to go into FA and get a massive deal as a left tackle. And he'll be an upgrade for someone. Will he be worth his deal? Nah. But for a team that has a young QB and developing skill players but a rough T situation, he's a good get.

The Jets can probably give him a deal that's effectively guaranteeing him 3/$60+ million. And other squads will be in on him as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 10-19-2022
They already said what I wanted to say.

OBJ is convinced he's not only a left tackle but has a legacy to uphold.

There's no way he accepts anything less and he'll get it from someone.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 10-19-2022
Hell, I still think he ends up siginig a deal and staying here.
[Reply]
Page 221 of 343
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223224225231271321 > Last »
Up