View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 214 of 343
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:33 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Interesting that they have Wylie about league average.
And OBJ ASS to average
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:42 PM 10-13-2022
OBJ is slow-footed and weak. Fisher on his worst day was better than OBJ on his best. Jones was running right by him on every play.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:24 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Seems to me that he can't get his top half and his bottom half to sync up.

That disastrous game that OBJ played against the Colts where he was either early with his punch or late with his slide seemingly every single snap? Evidently that's been Kinnard on every play.

He just doesn't have fast feet. When you have heavy feet you'd better have your technique down or you're gonna start cheating to keep from getting obliterated. And you can cheat against college kids but once you start cheating against NFL players, they're gonna embarrass you. First they'll start beating you inside, then they'll start setting you up to get back OUTSIDE, then they'll get you so turned around that they'll just go through you.

For those oversized O-lineman, especially those asked to play on the edge, your athleticism has to be premier or your technique has to be perfect. Kinnard's not a premium athlete and from what little I saw of him in the pre-season, certainly didn't have perfect technique.

As for what level of project - I dunno, what do you have in mind? As a T? Um...maybe infinitely big? I mean he was just sooooo baaaaad in the pre-season. I hate to give up on a guy that fast but holy shit he was awful. At G? Eh...long but not indefinite I guess?

Probably better served to just forget about him. I can't think of many (any?) late round picks to look that lost and ever amount to anything. Remember when the Chiefs drafted Kahlil Mckenzie, tried to convert him to OT, eventually cut him and some scrub-ass team eventually gave him a few games BACK at DT before he was out of the league?

Kahlil McKenzie looked better at OL having not played the position in college than Kinnard looked this pre-season.

I'm...not optimistic.

So are you telling me all those tennis workouts didn’t help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I was listening to Petro and Eric Eager this afternoon and they are thinking by maybe the bye week they will move OBJ to RT and slide Thuney over to LT. Let Allegretti and Wylie battle over the LG spot.

Not sure I believe this would actually happen but it would be a fun discussion if it did.
Originally Posted by Coach:
I would find that hard to believe since most of us know that Andy prefers O-Line continuously.
Originally Posted by O.city:
Andy's not doing that. Not even worth discussing.
The biggest cluster****s Andy has had in his entire career, from single games to entire seasons, came from attempts (by design or necessity) to shuffle players around on his OL.

There's ZERO chance he does that. FFS folks, we're the top scoring offense in the league. Perhaps he's not quite as bad as some of y'all are suggesting?
Anyone that follows the Chiefs and Andy even casually, know that is not happening. Just radio guys spouting BS.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:11 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I was listening to Petro and Eric Eager this afternoon and they are thinking by maybe the bye week they will move OBJ to RT and slide Thuney over to LT. Let Allegretti and Wylie battle over the LG spot.

Not sure I believe this would actually happen but it would be a fun discussion if it did.
What is with Chiefs fans and this obsession with changing everyone's position on the o-line? Just weird
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:32 AM 10-14-2022
We should have moved Branden Albert back to his "natural position" at guard!

/NFL pundits who don't pay attention to college
[Reply]
kccrow 11:22 AM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The problem is, we're in dire need of another pass rusher as well. You can't throw that much draft capital at one spot without really screwing yourself in others.

I'd give Green Bay a second and pay Nijman before I'd do all of that. No, he's not Willie Roaf, but I don't know that anyone in this draft is. But he's a good pass blocking LT, and he'll be cheaper than OBJ.
You can fill other spots without having the draft capital. Should probably worry about keeping other pass rushers from being in Mahomes' face every pass play before we worry about drafting the next stud pass rusher in the NFL.

As for Nijman, I HIGHLY doubt that GB puts anything less than a 1st round tender on him and it's difficult to process giving up draft capital AND paying a guy a huge contract.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:00 PM 10-14-2022
Von Miller vs OBJ

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:58 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Von Miller vs OBJ

It's going to be a problem, especially early. Though if I were Miller I might pic on Wylie instead. Just a smaller dude so should be a step less to get around him. Wylie's quicker though so might be a wash.

Bottom line, I don't either of our Ts are going to do well vs. Miller 1v1. They're going to need some help early or Pat will be running for his life on every passing down.
[Reply]
Balto 01:16 PM 10-14-2022
Still think a Lane Johnson trade should be looked at before trade deadline!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Von Miller vs OBJ

The issue isn't just Miller.

It's Miller, Rousseau and Basham.

That's 3 awfully nasty pass-rushers; 2 of them were still rookies and the other a Ram when we met lest season. And our OL writ large was playing much better than it is now.

I don't think we can count on scoring 30+. Defense is going to need to step up because I think you'll want to approach this game thinking that you can win it with 24.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:36 PM 10-14-2022
The issue isn't just Miller.

It's Miller, Rousseau and Basham.

That's 3 awfully nasty pass-rushers; 2 of them were still rookies and the other a Ram when we met lest season. And our OL writ large was playing much better than it is now.

I don't think we can count on scoring 30+. Defense is going to need to step up because I think you'll want to approach this game thinking that you can win it with 24.
Yep. This is the game. Their DL is very good, particularly those DEs and it's our weak spot at OT. Gonna need to be creative, provide help, look for quick hits (please GOD use Moore!) and hope our young defence steps up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:18 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yep. This is the game. Their DL is very good, particularly those DEs and it's our weak spot at OT. Gonna need to be creative, provide help, look for quick hits (please GOD use Moore!) and hope our young defence steps up.
My worry is that we're gonna get that first half vs. the Chargers chickenshit give up gameplan.

Andy's not above coming out and essentially tanking the first half just hoping the other team makes a mistake while not actually trying to do much offensively. That Broncos Monday Night game awhile ago (I think it was the one where Santos walked them off) and then the recent Chargers game come immediately to mind.

When Andy can't figure out what to do to handle pass rush issues, he just goes into a bombshell.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:44 PM 10-14-2022
or he tells Spags to fix it...I think Andy gives him full rein on the D
[Reply]
kccrow 04:08 PM 10-14-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
Still think a Lane Johnson trade should be looked at before trade deadline!
Why in the fuck would the Eagles trade Lane Johnson? He's their best lineman and they are 5-0.

It's a Madden-style pipe dream.

I'd stick to guys that are on losing clubs that are going to have fire sales, and the Eagles aren't on that list.
[Reply]
Page 214 of 343
« First < 114164204210211212213214 215216217218224264314 > Last »
Up