ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 190
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:43 AM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
One thing teams do not recognize is there is greater variance in a 3point shot than a 2point shot so yes shooting 3's in a vacuum is more points per possession but you have to consider the situation.

It's kind of like ICM in tournament poker. The goal is to win the game, right? So if you are up by 20 in the 3rd quarter you should stop taking less threes and take shots that have less variance (more two pointers). Conversely I see so many teams down by 25 points and they try to force it inside - ESPECIALLY IN COLLEGE. You'll hear the announcer say stupid shit like you don't need a 3 - well actually you kind of do if your goal is to win the game. Now if your goal is to feel better and lose by 8, maybe keep trying those two pointers when you are behind and getting blown out.

Situational awareness is what it comes down to. And lets be honest, when the game is on the line it's harder to get an open 3 or an open lay up because guys are playing at 110% defensive pressure, and getting a mid-range jump shot may be the easiest and most effective play in some of those situations.
Agreed but if you are down by 25 you should take the easiest shot you can get and you have to get stops. Just chucking 3's will only get you farther behind especially in college when most shots are bricks anyway lol.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:52 AM 07-01-2021
The Suns are a bit of a throw back....pass first PG that has a mid range game and also a legit center that plays in the paint. You can't help but root for them
[Reply]
DanBecky 11:55 AM 07-01-2021
After all the shit they got after they flamed out last year (deservedly so), I was rooting for the Clippers and PG to make it. Would have a cool redemption story. But I’m not mad at all the Suns made it happen. Hoping they take it all.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:02 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Agreed but if you are down by 25 you should take the easiest shot you can get and you have to get stops. Just chucking 3's will only get you farther behind especially in college when most shots are bricks anyway lol.
Yeah, I think of it in terms of making the most of your remaining possessions... you already know you'll need some turnovers and missed baskets on the other end, and you sure as hell need to make sure you're getting good looks on your end. Even if you're looking 3 for however long into the shot clock, better get something out of every possession.
[Reply]
fan4ever 12:33 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Utah didn't have Mike Conley. Conley only played the last game of the series and didn't look right in that game. Without him, they're a 4/5 seed this season.
I stand corrected; not very familiar with Utah. Was Conley their star player?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:35 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Every team deals with injuries every year in every sport. Its part of it. Trying to discount the Suns run is ignorant and reeks of butthurt.
A few light knocks is one thing...MISSING ALL TIME GREAT TALENT is another. And if you think this hasn't played a role in the suns success then you're clearly a naive novice when it comes to the game of basketball. Imagine the Chiefs beating the Browns, Bills and Tampa last season In the playoffs with their best qb's missing??...that's pretty much what the Suns have done...period.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 01:03 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Has a team ever had a playoff run where every single opponant has had key players missing?

Denver= no Murray or Harris
LA= Davis injured and Lebron banged up
Clippers= Kawhi gone and Zubac got injured.

Good luck to the Suns but the luck they've had has been ridiculous tbh.
Broncos and SB50.

Played a Steelers team decimated by the Bengals head hunting meltdown, a team that utterly demolished the Broncos D just a few weeks prior.

Played the Pats when they were down quite a few pieces as well.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:14 PM 07-01-2021
Every team deals with injuries every year in every sport. Its part of it. Trying to discount the Suns run is ignorant and reeks of butthurt.
And it's fucking hilarious from a Vegas bandwagoner who dismissed any notion of luck towards perhaps the luckiest franchise in hockey history.... but gawd, look at those lucky Suns! :-):-)

via GIPHY

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:26 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And it's ****ing hilarious from a Vegas bandwagoner who dismissed any notion of luck towards perhaps the luckiest franchise in hockey history.... but gawd, look at those lucky Suns! :-):-)

via GIPHY

Lol you'll never get over that ASS WHOOPING your Avs (with the "best line in the league") got from my knights will you??? :-) :-) :-)

And how on earth we've been "lucky" by failing in one final and two semi-finals whilst being screwed in the other year against San Jose is beyond me but oh well.
[Reply]
MTG#10 01:28 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
A few light knocks is one thing...MISSING ALL TIME GREAT TALENT is another. And if you think this hasn't played a role in the suns success then you're clearly a naive novice when it comes to the game of basketball. Imagine the Chiefs beating the Browns, Bills and Tampa last season In the playoffs with their best qb's missing??...that's pretty much what the Suns have done...period.
First of all, not one player on any NBA team is as valuable as a starting QB is to their team so that comparison is idiotic. Secondly, you're completely ignoring the fact that they beat the Clippers twice without CP3. Like I said, ignorant and butthurt.
[Reply]
fan4ever 01:29 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And it's ****ing hilarious from a Vegas bandwagoner who dismissed any notion of luck towards perhaps the luckiest franchise in hockey history.... but gawd, look at those lucky Suns! :-):-)

via GIPHY

I didn't hear a lot of "Gee those Tampa Bay Bucks were sure lucky the Chief's O Line was decimated". They took advantage of a weakness and nobody felt real sorry for us. What are the Suns supposed to do? Be ashamed of what they've accomplished?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:33 PM 07-01-2021
Suns ousted LeBron James in the first round then swept the league MVP out of the playoffs. I guess you can harp on them for Kawhi not playing but Paul George wasn't exactly his usual scrubby self (until he and his teammates once again ran heir mouths publicly.)
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:46 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I didn't hear a lot of "Gee those Tampa Bay Bucks were sure lucky the Chief's O Line was decimated". They took advantage of a weakness and nobody felt real sorry for us. What are the Suns supposed to do? Be ashamed of what they've accomplished?
Yeah, any team in any sport will have some luck along the way, and butthurt fans will ALWAYS find some to nitpick while completely dismissing any bad luck.

While it would be cool to say any given team beat the highest seed available and best teams of the regular season all the way to a championship, while those teams were at full strength, with no help from the refs, etc.... it's hard enough to do it even when luck is on your side.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:58 PM 07-01-2021
First of all, not one player on any NBA team is as valuable as a starting QB is to their team so that comparison is idiotic. Secondly, you're completely ignoring the fact that they beat the Clippers twice without CP3. Like I said, ignorant and butthurt.
When you only have a seven to eight man rotation then missing a superstar is going to hurt dummy. It's one thing to have this luck in one round...BUT THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS?? They've had luck on an unpresidented scale...period. And cp3 missing two HOME games because of covid is nowhere near the same as kawhi missing the WHOLE seriea...so quit the bs.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:06 PM 07-01-2021
I doubt the Suns are making the NBA Finals if AD, Jamal Murray, and Kawhi never get hurt, but you can only beat who you're up against. Injuries are a part of that. They aren't gonna apologize for getting to the Finals, nor should they.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 190
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158 > Last »
Up