ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 333
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:38 AM 03-30-2023
Norm Roberts mishandled his too
[Reply]
nychief 08:38 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They 100% think they can get Chapman back to what he was and trade him. I guess on the last broadcast Jeremy Guthrie was commenting that Loveladys fastball was in the 80s if that's where he is 18 months after Tommy John...not good.
I realize he's been hurt, but he was good before and why not find a way to keep arm talent in the organization.

Do I think they can do for Chapman what they did for Rosenthal? I dunno, maybe? Is the squeeze worth the juice? Whole other question.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:43 AM 03-30-2023
Relievers aren't the issue, they have guys at AAA that are MLB capable relievers. The issue is starters and honestly more guys are going to be dealt.

On top of that I dunno why they haven't claimed Pache.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:47 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Yeah we mishandled our Dick for sure
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
To be fair, who hasn't a time or two?

[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:49 AM 03-30-2023

Giants Acquire Matt Beaty From Royals, Grant Stephen Piscotty His Release https://t.co/q08sEmC0qn pic.twitter.com/NUQFmjmMcy

— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) March 30, 2023

[Reply]
dlphg9 08:50 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Lmao, this is the most shocking news of the decade!
[Reply]
Mecca 08:50 AM 03-30-2023
And the A's traded Pache to the Phillies for some scrub...

I know Pache can't hit a lick but I dunno why in Kaufman you wouldn't be in on a guy who grades as a ++ defender in center, he's good enough he could be a 3 war player hitting 150.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:51 AM 03-30-2023
Royals front office: It's opening day, let's make some trades.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:51 AM 03-30-2023
And the A's traded Pache to the Phillies for some scrub...

I know Pache can't hit a lick but I dunno why in Kaufman you wouldn't be in on a guy who grades as a ++ defender in center, he's good enough he could be a 3 war player hitting 150.
The industry-pushing Rays employ a similar guy in CF with Jose Siri and Pache is younger.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
The industry-pushing Rays employ a similar guy in CF with Jose Siri and Pache is younger.
Even as OFer 4 or 5 a guy that good with the glove has value in that stadium.
[Reply]
nychief 09:13 AM 03-30-2023
Even as OFer 4 or 5 a guy that good with the glove has value in that stadium.
BUT MECCA THAT WOULD TAKE AWAY AT BATS FROM JACKIE BRADLEY JR (IT'S 2023).
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:27 AM 03-30-2023
The bitching over a turd relief pitcher is hilarious
[Reply]
nychief 09:33 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The bitching over a turd relief pitcher is hilarious
Look, if you aren't going to spend money - and sherman has shown no desire to do so - then you have to win around the margins. It's gross, I get it, but what i've seen is a change in coaching mentality, something I hope spurs success, but what I haven't seen is any change in the front office mentality. This was a very Dayton Moore offseason - underwhelming starter, reclamation reliever...4A spring training fodder and then the predictable washed OFer with a glove.

In and of itself, Lovelady is not a tragedy, but its a symptom of something not great...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:38 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:
Look, if you aren't going to spend money - and sherman has shown no desire to do so - then you have to win around the margins. It's gross, I get it, but what i've seen is a change in coaching mentality, something I hope spurs success, but what I haven't seen is any change in the front office mentality. This was a very Dayton Moore offseason - underwhelming starter, reclamation reliever...4A spring training fodder and then the predictable washed OFer with a glove.

In and of itself, Lovelady is not a tragedy, but its a symptom of something not great...
You are just bitching to bitch. And Jackie Bradley is only here because Waters got hurt.
[Reply]
nychief 09:41 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
You are just bitching to bitch. And Jackie Bradley is only here because Waters got hurt.
Okey-dokey. Good talk.

LET'S GO ROYALS!
[Reply]
Page 47 of 333
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up