« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Willie Gay Jr. Thread*****
Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:14 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Looked like an ankle sprain. Hopefully he’s back in two weeks, but not sure.

It’s been 9 months since he has played in a meaningful game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BossChief 01:21 AM 10-05-2021
People need to temper their optimism about WGJ returning and immediately adding a pro bowler to the defense. He’s still inexperienced and will run himself out of plays while making his fair share of mental errors that cost the defense. He will bring big play ability, but at a cost until he gets a lot more experience. I honestly don’t look for him to be a beast until the final 6-7 games. Hopefully sooner, but I’m trying to remain realistic with expectations for him.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:37 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
People need to temper their optimism about WGJ returning and immediately adding a pro bowler to the defense. He’s still inexperienced and will run himself out of plays while making his fair share of mental errors that cost the defense. He will bring big play ability, but at a cost until he gets a lot more experience. I honestly don’t look for him to be a beast until the final 6-7 games. Hopefully sooner, but I’m trying to remain realistic with expectations for him.
People are just excited to see less Ben Niemann. Surely you can appreciate that!?!?!?!?
[Reply]
TEX 04:07 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Just seeing the field will be an improvement. Dude has Watkins Syndrome.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:34 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
People are just excited to see less Ben Niemann. Surely you can appreciate that!?!?!?!?
We don't have to be football technique nerds to see with our eyes that we are slow to the edge. The runners are already into the safeties before help arrives. Someone is open in the flat, no one ever shows up to meet them until they are at the safeties again.

We obviously need speed at LB. Gay fits that bill. He's not a panacea and will make some mistakes but that speed should be on the field for every play.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:18 AM 10-05-2021
Is he coming back or are we just bitching to bitch like in the Clyde thread?
[Reply]
-King- 04:12 PM 10-06-2021
So not likely to play this week either. Yeah think it's time to stop counting this guy to come in and make a huge difference
[Reply]
TLO 04:14 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
So not likely to play this week either. Yeah think it's time to stop counting this guy to come in and make a huge difference

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid says LB Willie Gay is returning to practice today. #ChiefsKingdom

— Rob Collins (@RCFOX4KC) October 6, 2021

[Reply]
-King- 04:17 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
And then he didn't practice

Clearing up any confusion on why Chiefs LB Willie Gay Jr. is not listed on injury report. Remember, he is still on injured reserve. The 'return to practice' designation opens a 21-day window for Chiefs to evaluate him and make a decision whether to activate him off IR to the 53.

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) October 6, 2021

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 04:21 PM 10-06-2021

Afterwards he will be day-to-day.

:-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:50 PM 10-06-2021

Actually he had a full practice today according to Matt Verderame on twitter..Chiefs don't need to put him on the injury report until he's fully activated.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:55 PM 10-06-2021

Should clarify on Gay: he did practice today, but because he hasn't been activated yet, he's not on the list. My apologies if that wasn't clear https://t.co/bnVTWjvFWz

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) October 6, 2021

[Reply]
Sofa King 08:03 PM 11-01-2021
This dude is becoming the beast we were hearing about in preseason.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:36 PM 11-05-2021

Willie Gay makes a couple of very very sweet plays in this. Love hearing DJ and DeVito get into the nitty gritty about playing their positions.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:57 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Willie Gay makes a couple of very very sweet plays in this. Love hearing DJ and DeVito get into the nitty gritty about playing their positions.
Nick Bolton is really good.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 49
« First < 283435363738 3940414248 > Last »
Up