« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Willie Gay Jr. Thread*****
Dante84 07:30 PM 04-24-2020
More to come!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Aspengc8 12:27 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
The play was meant for the gap Wilson came in on. If anything, it's just a good play by Gordon to quickly find the cutback lane.
Nnadi washed a bit and it was a good cut by Gordon, great play by WGJ scraping hard. Everyone was pretty much in their assigned gaps.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:29 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Not sure I agree....looked like Hitchens took on the lead block, and Wilson wrapped around Nnadi to cover the initial gap...

Seems to me Nnadi wasn't in the right gap, because Jones and Clark on the backside were already lined up in their gaps and weren't moved out of them....

Also looks like Breeland comes free as well, but from the outside....

If Nnadi continues to work to the off side like it seems he was supposed to on some type of stunt, Wilson makes the tackle in the hole...
I'm a huge Jones fan, but he almost allowed a big run play. Nnadi is actually the guy that initially blew that play up and had his gap covered as well. Wilson does a really good job of filling the hole, but the hole is smaller because Nnadi is really fucking good. The center initially gets his hands inside Nnadi but Nnadi says fuck that and is able to knock the C hands off him and then pushed him back to close the hole and Wilson fills it perfectly.

Even though Jones technically had his gap covered he got beat. That G knows the play is designed to run the other way, so he's gonna let Jones have the gap. If Jones is able to control the G while still maintaining his gap, like Nnadi is doing with the C, then there isn't that huge ass cut back lane that you see. Willie Gay Jr. makes a huge play because if Lindsay hits that lane then he's making a big time run and maybe even a TD because he made it into the secondary and Sorenson is the only one with a clear path to him.

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:54 PM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm a huge Jones fan, but he almost allowed a big run play. Nnadi is actually the guy that initially blew that play up and had his gap covered as well. Wilson does a really good job of filling the hole, but the hole is smaller because Nnadi is really fucking good. The center initially gets his hands inside Nnadi but Nnadi says fuck that and is able to knock the C hands off him and then pushed him back to close the hole and Wilson fills it perfectly.

Even though Jones technically had his gap covered he got beat. That G knows the play is designed to run the other way, so he's gonna let Jones have the gap. If Jones is able to control the G while still maintaining his gap, like Nnadi is doing with the C, then there isn't that huge ass cut back lane that you see. Willie Gay Jr. makes a huge play because if Lindsay hits that lane then he's making a big time run and maybe even a TD because he made it into the secondary and Sorenson is the only one with a clear path to him.

I get what you are saying, but don't agree: on the video, Nnadi is lined up on the Centers Right Shoulder, but on the snap of the ball, and despite the play is a dive directly into that gap, his initial move is to cross the center's face and maintain leverage on the opposite side of the play, at which case I can only presume his responsibility in that situation is the A gap to the centers left

I say this, because Wilson is originally lined up in that left side A gap, but immediately upon the snap, crosses the center from left to right, and fills the right side A gap after Hitchens absorbs the lead block....

During the video, Nnadi, makes that initial move across the center's face, but then tries to work back to the center's right side, leaving nobody in the left side A gap (which Wilson abandoned when he crossed, and Nnadi abandoned when he tries to work back to the centers right.

So, to me, either Nnadi or Wilson isn't where they should be, and I'm guessing Nnadi since he started the play in that gap, and immediately worked to the left

Jones (regardless of effort) is right where he should be, and if Nnadi keeps gap integrity, that hole isn't there at all.....

My $0.02
[Reply]
-King- 02:37 PM 12-09-2020

Jones was where he was supposed to be. Setting the edge and in his gap. Nnadi is the one who lost his gap when he went to make the tackle/play. That's what created the cutback lane.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:21 AM 12-10-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I get what you are saying, but don't agree: on the video, Nnadi is lined up on the Centers Right Shoulder, but on the snap of the ball, and despite the play is a dive directly into that gap, his initial move is to cross the center's face and maintain leverage on the opposite side of the play, at which case I can only presume his responsibility in that situation is the A gap to the centers left

I say this, because Wilson is originally lined up in that left side A gap, but immediately upon the snap, crosses the center from left to right, and fills the right side A gap after Hitchens absorbs the lead block....

During the video, Nnadi, makes that initial move across the center's face, but then tries to work back to the center's right side, leaving nobody in the left side A gap (which Wilson abandoned when he crossed, and Nnadi abandoned when he tries to work back to the centers right.

So, to me, either Nnadi or Wilson isn't where they should be, and I'm guessing Nnadi since he started the play in that gap, and immediately worked to the left

Jones (regardless of effort) is right where he should be, and if Nnadi keeps gap integrity, that hole isn't there at all.....

My $0.02
Originally Posted by -King-:
Jones was where he was supposed to be. Setting the edge and in his gap. Nnadi is the one who lost his gap when he went to make the tackle/play. That's what created the cutback lane.
You all are right and I'm wrong. I was running the All 22 in slow motion and it made it look like Nnadi who was initially lined up to the right of the center and moves over before the snap to the left of the center. This made me figure he had 2 gap responsibility and played it really well, but when watching in full speed that is not the case. Had Nnadi been on the right side of the center instead of crashing down to the left, then that hole wouldnt have needed to be completely filled by Wilson. Since Wilson sees Nnadi in the wrong gap he has to crash down to the unoccupied gap of Nnadi's and that leaves the cut back completely open because Wilson is trying to cover Nnadi's abandoned gap. Jones did play actually play it very well and shot the gap he was responsible for.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:38 AM 12-10-2020
You all are right and I'm wrong.
“It takes a big man to admit when he’s wrong and it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man for being wrong” - Pete Griffin
[Reply]
chop 10:35 PM 12-12-2020
Is this the week that Willie Gay gets more playing time?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:29 PM 12-12-2020
Originally Posted by chop:
Is this the week that Willie Gay gets more playing time?

Yes, he's replacing Damien Wilson due to injury
[Reply]
bobhill 08:57 AM 12-13-2020
Hopefully less knee-man and more gay
[Reply]
chop 09:16 AM 12-14-2020
I didn't get to watch the game yesterday so I looked up his stat line and it wasn't impressive. Did he get extended playing time, if so, did his play look like his stat line?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:21 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by chop:
I didn't get to watch the game yesterday so I looked up his stat line and it wasn't impressive. Did he get extended playing time, if so, did his play look like his stat line?
No.

He's starting to pop off the screen a bit.

He closes SO FAST.

Dude can fly.

They're bringing him along perfectly. Putting him in situations to succeed. He's going to be fine.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:25 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
No.

He's starting to pop off the screen a bit.

He closes SO FAST.

Dude can fly.

They're bringing him along perfectly. Putting him in situations to succeed. He's going to be fine.
Yep.

He looked like a solid football player yesterday. His speed is very evident.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 12-14-2020
He only played 17 snaps. They're definitely bringing him along slow. Lets get his ass in there more fellas.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:47 AM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
He only played 17 snaps. They're definitely bringing him along slow. Lets get his ass in there more fellas.
I don't think it's going to happen this year. Niemann still got 3x the snaps.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 12-14-2020
They don't play the same position. Stop
[Reply]
Page 35 of 49
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up