ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Jack Reacher
Ubeja Vontell 12:22 AM 09-10-2019
I discovered Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories about 10 years ago, what a great read. Usually we find Reacher hitch hiking, as he wanders the USA, somebody will eventually pick him up despite having a hulkish look at 6-6 260ish. And our story begins.

When I heard there was going to be a movie, yep, excited. But........Tom Cruise? How can the 5-8 170 (guessing) sell the huge Jack Reacher? In the stories the size of Reacher is a constant, we get it.....big bad hombre. Tom Cruise a big bad hombre......nay!

X pro rassler/current actor Dave Batista.....perfect.

If a movie is based on a literary character why not stay as close as possible to the story?

I guess the worst casting job ever was John Wayne as Ghanghis Ghan, What were they thinking?
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:22 AM 11-08-2023
LETS FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:01 PM 11-08-2023
I saw this thread and decided to watch it. I love this shit. Alan Ritchson is a big bad mofo lol.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:48 PM 11-08-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I saw this thread and decided to watch it. I love this shit. Alan Ritchson is a big bad mofo lol.
I first saw him on Titans on the old DC platform and liked his character on that too
[Reply]
RockChalk 06:34 AM 12-05-2023
Not of huge significance, but apparently Season 2 is dropping a bit earlier than previously announced. First 3 episodes drop on 12/14 at 7pm EST now.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:46 PM 12-05-2023
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Not of huge significance, but apparently Season 2 is dropping a bit earlier than previously announced. First 3 episodes drop on 12/14 at 7pm EST now.
Excellent
[Reply]
Aries Walker 12:27 AM 12-06-2023
Outstanding. I love the show.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:43 AM 12-06-2023
Cool. This is one of those guilty pleasure kind of shows.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:25 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
No doubt. You aren't watching it for acting brilliance or fantastic cinematography.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:09 AM 12-06-2023
No doubt. You aren't watching it for acting brilliance or fantastic cinematography.
Which pretty much tells you that they've captured the essence of the novels pretty well.

Lee Childs ain't exactly Tolstoy.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:33 AM 12-06-2023
Really enjoyed the first season and looking forward to where they are going to take the second.

The lead actor seems much more believable than Tom Cruise; his first movie was okay and I didn't bother with the second one...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:43 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
This looks fantastic. I absolutely loved the Jack Reacher books. I did like the Tom Cruise movies but they were not Jack Reacher movies. This is a Jack Reacher show.
I've read all the books and the Tom Cruise movies were entertaining. I had to get over Tom not being a gigantic human being, but most people never read the book who saw those movies...

I love season 1 of this as it really followed the book to a T and it is how I always pictured Jack Reacher to be when reading the book.

Can't wait for Season 2.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:16 AM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:

As the Critical Drinker calls it, definitely a delicious bacon cheeseburger show.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:43 AM 12-06-2023
One of the movies was on the other night and it was so terrible it took me about 3-4 minutes to determine that it wasn't in fact satire and I'm supposed to believe a 5ft 6inch 140lbs Tom Cruise it out there smoking guys twice his size.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 PM 12-06-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
One of the movies was on the other night and it was so terrible it took me about 3-4 minutes to determine that it wasn't in fact satire and I'm supposed to believe a 5ft 6inch 140lbs Tom Cruise it out there smoking guys twice his size.
"Remember.....you asked for this"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 PM 12-06-2023
Just in case I haven't mentioned this before - Rosamund Pike is hot as the surface of the sun in that movie.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 12
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up