ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 55
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
Monticore 10:53 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's definitely a tough one. If you don't call that, Vegas gets a quality chance from the slot as a reward for what is (technically) an illegal, albeit not egregious, move. You call it, and the Avs get a power play.

In terms of "fairness," the best option probably would be to blow it dead and face off again, but I have no interest in adding even more nuance to the refs' jobs.
Always going to be tough but calling something like that, but i think makes it more common for stick to hit the ground if you do, if these were never called maybe he doesn't lose his stick in that situation , his arms came up right away looking for a call, in my day my coach would have given my shit for causing a scoring chance because I didn't have two hands on my stick.If you are focused it always impossible to wack the stick out of somebodies hand if they holding it right, if the stick breaks it is a different story or you get your stick into the guys hands where he can't control it but in this case if he he holds to his stick it isn;t a penalty , should the winger have just boxed him out better maybe but it also wasn't the first time he wacked a guys stick or got wacked during the game but got penalized because the other guy wasn't holding onto it tight enough.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:35 AM 06-03-2021
I agree with DeBoer that there's a lot of bullshit, even if he completely dismisses his team's part of it.

I've seen some pretty damn nonchalant elbows and non-calls (not just this series), including the reverse hit/elbow in game 1, complete with the bullshit innocence routine when it is called.... and on the other side, you have guys who will go out of their way to drop their stick and immediately cry to the refs no matter what..... but, then you ha e guys who will only do that became it didn't get called the first 5 times of the game.

I do like the thought of "don't whine about it, hold your stick with both hands next time", but of course that doesn't fix the shed from the other end.

I absolutely hate all of that shit, and the lack of integrity gets turned into "if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough" or "if the ref doesn't call it, why wouldn't I take that advantage ".

And it all averages out to players and teams that constantly pull that kind of shit versus rolling your eyes when you see an occasional flop or whatever.... just like moderating a message board, I guess.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:50 AM 06-03-2021
I pretty different take on the Evans hit. Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt, NOBODY, but the man does make some good points in his analysis.

[Reply]
Monticore 12:13 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I pretty different take on the Evans hit. Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt, NOBODY, but the man does make some good points in his analysis.

The actual hit was clean but the hit wasn’t necessary, it wasn’t changing the game , puck was in the net he was trying to just hurt him , it was completely avoidable and potentially career ending for a guy with with his concussion history. He had plenty of time to think about it , just the look in his eyes after the hit you can almost tell scheifele was seeing red .
[Reply]
DaFace 02:49 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:

Yeah...no. This is a bunch of bullshit. The initial contact may have been shoulder-to-shoulder, but he clearly came up and made significant contact to the head. A similar situation would be blows to the head in the NFL. Even if you start by putting a shoulder into a guy's chest, if you then rise up and hit him in the head, it's gonna be a foul every time. Not to mention that the call was charging, which has nothing to do with where the contact was made.

In short, it was a wildly unnecessary hit that resulted in an injury. Like it or not, the NHL takes that into account when doling out punishments. Don't want to get suspended? Don't lay guys out when you should be trying to keep the goddamn puck out of the net instead.

To me, this isn't that different than Kadri's hit. While I don't think 8 games really makes sense given other benchmark suspensions, he clearly deserved to be sat down because he tried to lay a big hit that resulted in a hit to the head and an injury.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:32 PM 06-03-2021
It's just a different take folks... Calm down, the NHL will have their way with him.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:12 PM 06-03-2021
4 games for Schiefele. Wow.

I actually think this hurts Kadri's appeal chances.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:22 PM 06-03-2021
I was looking at that guy's youtube history.... my guess before looking was he was a Kornheiser type, just trying to take the opposite opinion.

So, I was a little surprised that his previous hockey video is defending Auston Matthews up and down on flopping allegations.

...and then another Matthews video.

...and then a Marner video.

...and then a Toronto/Bruins video.

Ah, his opinion makes complete sense now. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:25 PM 06-03-2021
4 games for Schiefele. Wow.

I actually think this hurts Kadri's appeal chances.
I wonder if they throw darts or draw numbers from a hat... maybe they have a deck of cards. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:32 PM 06-03-2021
IMO, Reaves' was the worst of the three... crosscheck the goalie in the back of the neck after the whistle, then they have to wipe up blood and hair after he's done with Graves.

Kadri was an idiot and repeat offender, so I have a hard time with which of the other two are 2nd worst... I could make the argument that at least Kadri was taking out someone who was shooting the puck at the time, even if he had no interest of the puck (just like Scheifele).

I guess I could see 4 games for each, then +4 for repeat offender.

But, that's just trying to apply logic to their completely illogical system.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:15 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
IMO, Reaves' was the worst of the three... crosscheck the goalie in the back of the neck after the whistle, then they have to wipe up blood and hair after he's done with Graves.

Kadri was an idiot and repeat offender, so I have a hard time with which of the other two are 2nd worst... I could make the argument that at least Kadri was taking out someone who was shooting the puck at the time, even if he had no interest of the puck (just like Scheifele).

I guess I could see 4 games for each, then +4 for repeat offender.

But, that's just trying to apply logic to their completely illogical system.
Does not explain why Wilson got so little, they are just not very consistent. I was surprised he got 4 especially since his is a top player with no real history . I think if he would have gotten nothing next game might of gotten ugly hopefully they just play hockey now .
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:23 AM 06-04-2021
There are singles for the game tonight in the lower bowl that aren't insane.... granted, getting a repeat of the other night is probably a lot to ask for... :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:48 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
There are singles for the game tonight in the lower bowl that aren't insane.... granted, getting a repeat of the other night is probably a lot to ask for... :-)
I made a grievous error 6 months ago and made a camping reservation with friends tonight in an area with no cell signal. I'll probably go for a drive to pick up enough signal to check the score toward the end, but I'll miss most of it.

:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 10:51 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Does not explain why Wilson got so little, they are just not very consistent. I was surprised he got 4 especially since his is a top player with no real history . I think if he would have gotten nothing next game might of gotten ugly hopefully they just play hockey now .
I'm not saying I agree with it, but it seems to me that the NHL is less worried about completely unnecessary violence in scrums than they are about borderline hockey hits that are at crazy high speeds. I can kind of get it. The chances of ending someone's career with punch in a scrum or knee on his head are pretty low, while a huge hit could do it pretty easily.

That said, the place I disagree with it is that the scrum nonsense is completely unnecessary, while the hockey plays are usually at least somewhat debatable. Seems like you'd want to eliminate the unnecessary stuff entirely, but what do I know?
[Reply]
Monticore 10:57 AM 06-04-2021
I'm not saying I agree with it, but it seems to me that the NHL is less worried about completely unnecessary violence in scrums than they are about borderline hockey hits that are at crazy high speeds. I can kind of get it. The chances of ending someone's career with punch in a scrum or knee on his head are pretty low, while a huge hit could do it pretty easily.

That said, the place I disagree with it is that the scrum nonsense is completely unnecessary, while the hockey plays are usually at least somewhat debatable. Seems like you'd want to eliminate the unnecessary stuff entirely, but what do I know?
Yeah I don’t like those scrums /face wash , or fights because your guy got hit cleanly, stupid traditions , which don’t happen in other sports because of fines/ejections.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 55
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up