ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 55
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official (2020)-2021 NHL Thread***
DaFace 03:00 PM 12-20-2020
Well, it's gonna be a weird year, but here's your format:

The @NHLPA and @NHL have announced an agreement to play a 2020-21 regular-season schedule of 56 games beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. https://t.co/2on0oStnMd pic.twitter.com/aggYeVMjfj

— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) December 20, 2020

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:13 PM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
This game is so tremendous I literally don't even care who wins. i think The Avs are gonna win the series so if Vegas wins tonight pat them onthe back. Great game. Just an outstanding game for fans of ice hotvkty..

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:16 PM 06-02-2021
Not the slashiest slash I've ever seen...
[Reply]
Fish 11:19 PM 06-02-2021
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Fish 11:20 PM 06-02-2021
Fuck you, Vegas! What a shot!
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:20 PM 06-02-2021
Holy fuck.

What a game and what a win.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:20 PM 06-02-2021
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
[Reply]
morphius 06:53 AM 06-03-2021
Av's were not skating well, not handling the puck for crap and still came out with a win. LV sure did a nice job of swarming MacKinnon when he was on the puck. Giving up a power play with 3 minutes left in the game sure added to the tension. Luckily you knew with this Av's team they have a lot of people that can put one in the net.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:50 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
**** you, Vegas! What a shot!
I prefer the AVS over the knights but that penalty was a bit cheap.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:18 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
Av's were not skating well, not handling the puck for crap and still came out with a win. LV sure did a nice job of swarming MacKinnon when he was on the puck. Giving up a power play with 3 minutes left in the game sure added to the tension. Luckily you knew with this Av's team they have a lot of people that can put one in the net.
Yeah, it was like Vegas had an extra guy on the ice for the 2nd and 3rd periods... it's their only redeeming quality besides Fleury (who laughably got the 2nd star over Grubauer:-) ).

Not exactly the model of consistency in the playoffs though, so interested if they keep it up or fall flat in game 3.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:22 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I prefer the AVS over the knights but that penalty was a bit cheap.
I went back and looked at it after the goal, because I wasn't sure it was anything at all at first, and it was a little soft, but definitely did come down on his stick.... it's one of those things Vegas gets away with quite a bit, so fuck 'em.

They crosschecked Landeskog in the faceoff circle a foot from the ref and got away with it, just a couple minutes before the trip that was far more incidental than rearranging someone's face.
[Reply]
morphius 08:26 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I went back and looked at it after the goal, because I wasn't sure it was anything at all at first, and it was a little soft, but definitely did come down on his stick.... it's one of those things Vegas gets away with quite a bit, so **** 'em.

They crosschecked Landeskog in the faceoff circle a foot from the ref and got away with it, just a couple minutes before the trip that was far more incidental than rearranging someone's face.
After that crosscheck to the face I figured they earned that call in OT. Not ignoring the obvious trip a minute later that they got away with. Then to get that trip call on that flop with minutes left in the game...
[Reply]
Monticore 08:55 AM 06-03-2021
I went back and looked at it after the goal, because I wasn't sure it was anything at all at first, and it was a little soft, but definitely did come down on his stick.... it's one of those things Vegas gets away with quite a bit, so **** 'em.

If you have 1 hand on your stick getting it chopped out should never be called ,but that is just be .
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:57 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
After that crosscheck to the face I figured they earned that call in OT. Not ignoring the obvious trip a minute later that they got away with. Then to get that trip call on that flop with minutes left in the game...
And of course their coach is the one crying about rampant embellishment. That team is a bunch of whiners and looks like it comes from coach, too.

Bear hug Makar, WTF did I do? Take a two handed swing at MacKinnon's thighs, this is bullshit! Throw the puck over the glass, ermergerd it was tipped!! It's like watching basketball.

Originally Posted by :
"Just a soft call," Vegas coach Pete DeBoer said. "I can't even blame the refs. Because they're fighting the embellishment of grabbing your face, or falling down, or dropping your stick every period. I can't even blame the referee on it. They fooled them on it."

[Reply]
DaFace 09:41 AM 06-03-2021
And of course their coach is the one crying about rampant embellishment. That team is a bunch of whiners and looks like it comes from coach, too.

Bear hug Makar, WTF did I do? Take a two handed swing at MacKinnon's thighs, this is bullshit! Throw the puck over the glass, ermergerd it was tipped!! It's like watching basketball.
I've never paid much attention to DeBoer prior to this, but he seems like a soft, whiny bitch. I get sticking up for your team, but saying that Reaves is a clean player and acting like the refs were out to get them in this game makes him lose all credibility.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:44 AM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If you have 1 hand on your stick getting it chopped out should never be called ,but that is just be .
It's definitely a tough one. If you don't call that, Vegas gets a quality chance from the slot as a reward for what is (technically) an illegal, albeit not egregious, move. You call it, and the Avs get a power play.

In terms of "fairness," the best option probably would be to blow it dead and face off again, but I have no interest in adding even more nuance to the refs' jobs.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 55
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up