ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
jettio 10:38 AM 12-01-2021
NE Revolution not winning its first playoff game after having one of the best regular seasons in MLS history is why it is silly to call for firing Peter Vermes over a postseason loss.

In most of the best domestic leagues, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, the trophy for winning the table is the most prestigious. Leicester City winning a playoff would not be as big a deal as winning the regular season trophy in EPL two years after playing in EFL Championship.

Peter Vermes has been key to building a great team with great facilities and a plan for the future.

I think Vermes could make better decisions regarding substitutions in games, but I don't disagree with everything else he does, and it would be foolish as can be to fire him.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:44 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
NE Revolution not winning its first playoff game after having one of the best regular seasons in MLS history is why it is silly to call for firing Peter Vermes over a postseason loss.

In most of the best domestic leagues, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, the trophy for winning the table is the most prestigious. Leicester City winning a playoff would not be as big a deal as winning the regular season trophy in EPL two years after playing in EFL Championship.

Peter Vermes has been key to building a great team with great facilities and a plan for the future.

I think Vermes could make better decisions regarding substitutions in games, but I don't disagree with everything else he does, and it would be foolish as can be to fire him.
Americans demand an end of season playoffs in every sport. It’s just part of our ingrained culture. For whatever reasons, we don’t truly value regular season play all that much.
[Reply]
jettio 11:00 AM 12-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Americans demand an end of season playoffs in every sport. It’s just part of our ingrained culture. For whatever reasons, we don’t truly value regular season play all that much.
I understand that. Just saying, Sporting KC has built something special and Peter Vermes has been the perfect guy to be the manager since the rebranding.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:06 AM 12-01-2021
I understand that. Just saying, Sporting KC has built something special and Peter Vermes has been the perfect guy to be the manager since the rebranding.
Vermes needs to step down as Coach. It is not that they lost in the playoffs. It is that they always lose in the same manner. They always look unprepared and out of sync in their losses in big games.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:24 PM 12-01-2021

New England had over three weeks off between games. Way too long. That was its reward as #1 seed.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:45 PM 12-11-2021
As much as it pains me to watch, the MLS cup final is in extra time after Portland scored the tying goal in the LAST second. Exciting finish to the season. Just wish it was us…
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:35 PM 12-11-2021
Good to see Sean Johnson win an MLS Cup he deserves it after all of his time in the league.

Surprise champion but deserving none the less.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:41 PM 01-27-2022
USA vs El Salvador getting ready to start.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:07 PM 02-14-2022
Sporting KC announces free streaming and expanded broadcast

https://fox4kc.com/sports/sporting-k...d-in-team-app/
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:11 PM 02-14-2022
I’m liking the new defensive additions, but we NEED a striker. I don’t understand why we haven’t picked up ANYONE yet after they found out Pulido was out all season. It’s very worrisome this close to the season. Great wingers can only take you so far if you don’t have a decent striker. I just don’t understand what we’re doing with the Busio money. Vermes would love to build this culture of homegrown players, but the league has advanced past that now. We need to spend a little more to compete. I know there were rumors about JJ Macias coming on loan but that fell through. We just really need a solid striker on a 1 year loan to fill the gap Pulido made. I also admittedly can’t wrap my head around the DP roster stuff either so maybe someone can explain to me better why we’re doing nothing to solidify arguable the most important position on the pitch.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 08:55 PM 02-14-2022
Fully agree. This team is going nowhere with Kihry MF Shelton at CF/S.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:57 PM 03-24-2022
Lots of injuries going into the final week of qualifying. Would love to take care of business tonight at the Azteca, but it’s going to be a very difficult match. Basically we just HAVE to beat Panama on Sunday night and we’ll likely be in the World Cup, but after the last qualifying slip up and watching Italy get taken out by North Macedonia today, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous for this next week of matches.
[Reply]
kstater 09:06 PM 03-24-2022
Costa Rico up on Canada. Shits gonna get weird if they win and US/Mexico draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:07 PM 03-24-2022
This Mexico lineup suggests Bob thinks this is our watershed moment in this WCQ. It now needs to be with a couple of our dudes out for Panama on yellows from this game
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:58 PM 03-24-2022
At least, we didn't lose to the Cartels tonight.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 35
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up