ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>AVATAR 2
sully1983 02:11 PM 09-25-2017
Filming just started today (after months of pre production). James Cameron is set to make 4 sequels. Are you looking forward to the sequel(s)? I can't decide if he's either crazy or brilliant lol. At this point though, I think it would be foolish to bet against Cameron. People thought he was crazy making a 200 million dollar budget about a sinking ship and they thought Avatar would flop too (both are the highest grossest films of all time)

Avatar 2 will be in theaters December 18th, 2020.

I loved Avatar. I thought the 3rd act was worth the price of admission alone. Saw it twice in IMAX 3D (I very rarely would do something like that but I liked it so much the 1st time I had to see it again) So count me in on looking forward to the sequels.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:51 PM 09-25-2017
Dances with Blue Aliens Part 2? Yeah, I'll pass.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:34 PM 09-25-2017
I think I'm one of like three people in the world that wasn't blown away by Avatar, and movies like that are right in my wheelhouse. Probably won't see any of the sequels, just doesn't feel appealing to me.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:05 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I think I'm one of like three people in the world that wasn't blown away by Avatar, and movies like that are right in my wheelhouse. Probably won't see any of the sequels, just doesn't feel appealing to me.
The first 20 minutes were amazing - the closest thing to the wonder I felt when the first time I saw Star Wars in the theater as a child. But after that, I realized that I'd already seen Avatar, since the plot was completely unoriginal and utterly predictable. I still can't believe Cameron invested all that effort on such brilliant visuals but apparently couldn't spare anything for a decent story writer. Sort of reminded me a Vermeil's Chief teams - great offense, no defense. He gave us half a team. Cameron gave us half a movie.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:27 PM 09-25-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The first 20 minutes were amazing - the closest thing to the wonder I felt when the first time I saw Star Wars in the theater as a child. But after that, I realized that I'd already seen Avatar, since the plot was completely unoriginal and utterly predictable. I still can't believe Cameron invested all that effort on such brilliant visuals but apparently couldn't spare anything for a decent story writer. Sort of reminded me a Vermeil's Chief teams - great offense, no defense. He gave us half a team. Cameron gave us half a movie.
I saw it the same way. Maybe it's our age. Maybe people who saw it younger or who never saw a movie like Dances with Wolves might have liked it better.
[Reply]
Trent Green GOAT 10:55 PM 09-25-2017
The first was highly overrated.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:18 PM 09-25-2017
I've still never seen the entire first one. And don't plan too.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:47 PM 09-25-2017
I liked the first one. I'll watch the second, though I'm really not sure where they'll take it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:45 AM 09-26-2017
I liked it ok, wasn't the best movie ever but it was good.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:15 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I saw it the same way. Maybe it's our age. Maybe people who saw it younger or who never saw a movie like Dances with Wolves might have liked it better.
I enjoyed Avatar quite a bit. Saw it in the theater in 3D. Not being a fan of Kevin Costner, I never saw Dance with Wolves.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:30 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Filming just started today (after months of pre production).
I'm sick of sequels. It's like Hollywood lacks material.
Also remakes that happen too soon, re-running TV programs into a movie etc.
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:27 AM 09-26-2017
I liked the first one quite a bit. Yeah, it's Pocohontas or Dances or Wolves all over again, but the reason why that story gets retold 100 times is because it's not actually a terrible story. The reason I liked Avatar is because the special effects were SO STUNNING that I was more than glad to get lost and immersed in that world he created.

(FTR, I thought Dances was Wolves was actually stunningly boring.)

Glad to watch the sequels. I have no idea if Cameron can even come close to matching what he did with the first one, but he's the Tom Brady of the movie-making world. It's just not real bright to bet against him at this point.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:52 AM 09-26-2017
Yeah, I always love the whole evil rich white people versus the poor noble downtrodden natives bit, brought to you, of course, by evil rich white people.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:12 AM 09-26-2017
I think it's an incredibly risky bet by the studio but as the OP stated it's hard to bet against Cameron. One of the reasons Avatar did so well was because it was the killer app to showcase the new wave of 3D movies so not sure how much people are really dying to see a sequel (much less 4!) but will be great fun to see what happens if the first follow-up struggles.

I have many friends who worked on the original and the stories they tell about Cameron. Dude sounds like a mad genius...
[Reply]
BWillie 09:41 AM 09-26-2017
Great movie. I even hate Star Wars. Yet loved Avatar.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 14
1 234511 > Last »
Up