ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>The Wild Palms, Free as an Audio-Listen. Pro Voice Actors, Good Scoring.
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:43 PM 05-13-2022
There was no option for old-timey radio so I chose Books as the topic.

I don't follow the super heros much so I rarely have much to say about media stuff these days, but I do, occasionally, come across a great piece of media nonetheless. Here, I'm told, is where posts about such things go. We'll start with the link:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/r0BRm...14S5H9YWNx6_Mk

This is a 1 hour recording from a radio recording of a short story by William Faulkner written I believe in the late 30's. This broadcast was from 1949, and honestly, I prefer the written work. But this is good classic entertainment, the work of a bunch of professionals attempting to bring the work of a genius to life. They did solidly.

About the work:

Wild Palms starts in New Orleans in 1937 with Harry, an impoverished intern finishing his training in a hospital. At a party he meets Charlotte, who abandons husband and two children to run away with him. With little money and few employment prospects, they drift through Chicago to a cabin in Wisconsin and then a mine in Utah.

If I Forget Thee, Jerusalem is a novel by the American author William Faulkner published in 1939. The novel was originally published under the title The Wild Palms, which is the title of one of the two interwoven stories. This title was chosen by the publishers, Random House, over the objections of Faulkner's choice of a title. Wikipedia

Originally Broadcast 12/4/1949

Well worth it for certain types of media consumers.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 05-14-2022, 01:49 PM
This message has been deleted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch. Reason: Politics in the lounge
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 10:07 AM 05-16-2022
Ok you younger less literate types are skeptical. Batman makes an appearance in the 2nd act. Spiderman too. Interested now, grown children? I would think yes.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:40 PM 05-16-2022
It's one hour and you can tell your friends afterwards that youve read Faulkner. You havent though. You havent read Faulkner at all.
[Reply]
Up