ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>The Northman - Upcoming Movie
Easy 6 02:58 PM 12-21-2021
From Robert Eggers, the guy who brought you The VVitch... been waiting for something like this for a looong time, looks incredible

Alexander Skarsgard
Nicole Kidman
Anya Taylor-Joy
Willem Dafoe
Ethan Hawke

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:46 AM 10-20-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
The visuals were awesome. The idea was awesome. But it just didn't manage to work for some reason. It was entertaining. But the story was a muddled mess, and they failed to build any of the characters up enough to really care about them. It was beautifully forgettable.

Yes.

It's really disappointing that today's filmmakers so rarely seem to make good films set during times that should be a blast to watch on the screen.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:11 PM 10-20-2022
Over the last few years I feel like I've seen a lot of movies like this. You can see that all the pieces are there. They should be fantastic movies. But for some reason the final product is just a bit off, or even in some cases a jumbled mess. I used to think it was me getting grouchy as I got older but I'm hearing/seeing/reading the same thing from quite a few other people. What's the problem? Is there a shortage of professionals in the required discipline? Anyway, I think this movie is closer to 'just a bit off' than it is to 'jumbled mess' and it is entertaining although I wouldn't want to have spent the time and money to see this in a theater.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:00 PM 10-20-2022
This damn thing didn't even make it to my town, guess I'll have to rent it off the tv... and based on all the comments, I'm prepared to be somewhat underwhelmed
[Reply]
BWillie 03:38 PM 10-23-2022
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I also enjoyed the way they dipped back and forth between fantasy and reality. Gave it a fairy tale feel.
Thank you for this.

Now I don't have to waste my time watching it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up