ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 201 of 315
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:38 AM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
NOBODY is playing defense right now. So....kinda like the real NFL I guess.

I mean Watson and Ryan have zero interceptions and something like 45 TDs between 'em. Dak's thrown 1 (jesus he's a dink and dunker, though; serious Alex Smith stuff w/ the guy. Making Goedert a stud and wildly under-utilizing Julio).

If you have a QB Rating against of under 90 right now, you're kicking ass.
I drafted an all-star defense with the hopes that they would carry me. While they're above average statistically, they're giving up a lot more points than I expected, while my offense is also far more effective than I expected. So I guess it evens out.

My defense did show up big the previous week, though. They recorded an NFL record 15 sacks on Aaron Rodgers, who is on a strong Talledega team. I'm surprised he didn't retire after the game. I don't know if my opponent had offensive line injuries or something, but Aaron Donald and Frank Clark each recorded six sacks and I got three more from other guys. I'm curious if we would've had more if Kahlil Mack hadn't been out with an injury. Even so, Rodgers still had almost 300 yards passing.
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:09 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I drafted an all-star defense with the hopes that they would carry me. While they're above average statistically, they're giving up a lot more points than I expected, while my offense is also far more effective than I expected. So I guess it evens out.

My defense did show up big the previous week, though. They recorded an NFL record 15 sacks on Aaron Rodgers, who is on a strong Talledega team. I'm surprised he didn't retire after the game. I don't know if my opponent had offensive line injuries or something, but Aaron Donald and Frank Clark each recorded six sacks and I got three more from other guys. I'm curious if we would've had more if Kahlil Mack hadn't been out with an injury. Even so, Rodgers still had almost 300 yards passing.
I had Oline issues - played a good LT at RG and it was a terrible result. That was my most lop sided loss. I was missing my starting RG / LG / RT for that game.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:11 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
I had Oline issues - played a good LT at RG and it was a terrible result. That was my most lop sided loss. I was missing my starting RG / LG / RT for that game.
Ah, that was you. I figured something had gone awry for you. My team is built around the pass rush, but that was kind of insane. Rodgers hung in there, though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:29 PM 04-15-2020
I wondered how the Talladega had such bad pass protection figures.

They're giving up pressures on 40% of their drop-backs and are the only team in the league to surrender more sacks than mine.

I still think that's on Dak, though. For a guy that throws as many short passes as he does, he sure does seem to hold the ball a lot. And it's doubly problematic since he's not likely to make up for a sack through a 15-20 yard pass.

The offense really does feel like those Alex Smith years. If they stay ahead of the sticks, they'll throw 40 points up (80 over the last 2 games) but an offensive penalty (worst in the league at 183 yards; a massive gap over 2nd at 141) or a sack really tends to kill the drive outright.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:48 PM 04-15-2020
CD - I can't seem to get Tyler Lancaster eligible anywhere.

He's just a rotational DL but w/ my backup DE out this week I could use Lancaster back instead of playing a LB on the line.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:06 PM 04-15-2020
holy shit my oline is giving up an almost 40% pressure rate but ive taken only 10 sacks. I run the ball a lot so maybe thats factoring in. Seems pretty high though I feel like my lineman are pretty good
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:49 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
holy shit my oline is giving up an almost 40% pressure rate but ive taken only 10 sacks. I run the ball a lot so maybe thats factoring in. Seems pretty high though I feel like my lineman are pretty good
Who's your QB? Is he a scrambler?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 06:30 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Who's your QB? Is he a scrambler?
kirk cousins
[Reply]
cdcox 08:44 PM 04-15-2020
CD - I can't seem to get Tyler Lancaster eligible anywhere.

He's just a rotational DL but w/ my backup DE out this week I could use Lancaster back instead of playing a LB on the line.
Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:25 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.
Is that a general "DL" issue? Since Lancaster didn't have a stated position, would that sort of issue apply to anyone listed as 'LB' as well? I don't think I ever saw anyone noted as 'DB' but was curious.

As for Lancaster specifically, I was going to try to get him for 2 years but didn't know if he'd come in at a DT or DE4 scale so I just threw a small bid on him and it hit. Do you happen to know how the contract would work on those 'tweener' guys?
[Reply]
cdcox 07:40 PM 04-16-2020
Is that a general "DL" issue? Since Lancaster didn't have a stated position, would that sort of issue apply to anyone listed as 'LB' as well? I don't think I ever saw anyone noted as 'DB' but was curious.

As for Lancaster specifically, I was going to try to get him for 2 years but didn't know if he'd come in at a DT or DE4 scale so I just threw a small bid on him and it hit. Do you happen to know how the contract would work on those 'tweener' guys?
He was the only player in the database with a DL position listing. That is not an issue for LB. The contract will cost whatever the person was listed at the time of signing. Positions are updated yearly.
[Reply]
wheeler08 03:46 AM 04-17-2020
On the topic of Brees being great this league and shit for Clay, the opposite is happening for me with Goff. He was one of the top Qb's in league 1, but he's shit in league 2. Same with some of the defense guys that were stand outs in league 1, not doing shit for me in league 2.
My biggest downfall as a Gm, was drafting a kicker that missed the entire season. I've missed so many damn chip shots with Free Agent as my kicker.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:14 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
On the topic of Brees being great this league and shit for Clay, the opposite is happening for me with Goff. He was one of the top Qb's in league 1, but he's shit in league 2. Same with some of the defense guys that were stand outs in league 1, not doing shit for me in league 2.
My biggest downfall as a Gm, was drafting a kicker that missed the entire season. I've missed so many damn chip shots with Free Agent as my kicker.
Watching JuJu dominate in league 2 after I couldn't find a way to get him involved in league 1 has been frustrating.

I loved that pick when I made it, but by the end of the season I had Corey Davis at WR1 (where he was very good) and had moved JuJu to the slot at times w/ Curtis Samuel getting bumped to WR2.

But he's been a damn monster in league 2.

Both of my teams started 6-2. My league one team went to 8-2, IIRC, before falling on its face and missing the playoffs at 10-6. I'm hoping for a different outcome this time around.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:56 PM 04-18-2020
Sims are going up.
[Reply]
wheeler08 05:52 AM 04-19-2020
Damn my team finally came alive and I beat the great Drew Brees. I’m still getting beat by the sims relentless penalties.
[Reply]
Page 201 of 315
« First < 101151191197198199200201 202203204205211251301 > Last »
Up