ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 112
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:48 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I suggested this as a probability, as well.

Go through camp. get "injured" in the fourth preseason game. Stash on IR.

Let JuJu walk in the offseason, get a comp pick, have his replacement already on the roster for PEANUTS.

actual profit
Disagree. He missed the 2020 season already through injury. If he has passed medicals and is showing his talent in camp then judge him like the other receivers. He played football last season and missing another year will not help his development imo.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 08:54 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Disagree. He missed the 2020 season already through injury. If he has passed medicals and is showing his talent in camp then judge him like the other receivers. He played football last season and missing another year will not help his development imo.
The people saying sit him are making no sense. He's been cleared.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:14 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
The people saying sit him are making no sense. He's been cleared.
Right. I'm hoping he shows some of his old self
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:40 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ross and Fountain.

But I’m hoping for Ross and Powell.
I'm also hoping Powell shows out. I know Reid is loyal to his guys that have been there for a minute. Two guys Powell was competing with last year were Pringle and Robinson. Like Powell, Pringle and Robinson worked their way up through the ranks. If a rookie like Powell is close to them but not obviously better, the veterans get the nod. So with three tenured WR's gone Powell will have his best shot. That clearly is a big reason Ross was lured to KC.

One thing is clear, it's going to be a really fun training camp and preseason this year. I'm excite. Very nice!
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:54 PM 05-07-2022

From rookie minicamp day 1: Our first look at Justyn Ross in a #Chiefs uniform pic.twitter.com/Qp4BJoafJk

— Aaron Ladd (@aaronladd0) May 7, 2022

[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:00 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Rock hard
[Reply]
BossChief 11:01 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
JuJu
MVS
Moore
Mecole

Pick 2: Gordon / Fountain / Powell / Ross / Coleman
If Ross and Powell (old teammates) make the roster, it’s a really positive sign for the continuity of the position in the short and long term.

It’s nothing short of phenomenal how Veach straight up attacks a position group. He turned Tyreek Hill and a bunch of warm bodies into one of the better WR groups in the league in a few months and did it while losing Tyreek in the process. Top level stuff. If Ross and Skyy both play to what they’ve shown to be capable of, this group is going to be very special.
[Reply]
xztop123 11:10 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yea Ross is making this team. Your WRs will be Juju, Mecole, MVS, Moore, Ross, Gordon

Jeff Veach.
[Reply]
jdubya 11:16 PM 05-07-2022
who?
[Reply]
In58men 11:23 PM 05-07-2022
After watching him practice today, I’m exceeding my expectations now. Next Randy Moss and you can’t tell me otherwise. I’m already at this point.
[Reply]
FRCDFED 12:43 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I wonder what Powell can even bring after having a full year not playing.Also with Skyy,i always hear how hard it is for receivers to learn Reids offense,but i hope they have some things in mind for him right away,i'm sure they do.
Four of the six you listed are all new to the offense. Reid should "uncomplicate" his offense if that were the case. Truth is he isn't any different than any other HC. He just looks for mismatches and draws up plays to exploit them.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:00 AM 05-08-2022
Low Risk, High Reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:42 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If Ross and Powell (old teammates) make the roster, it’s a really positive sign for the continuity of the position in the short and long term.

It’s nothing short of phenomenal how Veach straight up attacks a position group. He turned Tyreek Hill and a bunch of warm bodies into one of the better WR groups in the league in a few months and did it while losing Tyreek in the process. Top level stuff. If Ross and Skyy both play to what they’ve shown to be capable of, this group is going to be very special.
Hyperbole is wonderful but they haven't played a single snap yet. This is really overstating things man. I'm as hopeful as everyone else and have no issues with any of these guys but there are some REALLY good WR groups not playing for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
oldman 06:43 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
JuJu
MVS
Moore
Mecole

Pick 2: Gordon / Fountain / Powell / Ross / Coleman
That's kind of how I see 1-4. Powell probably stays just for continuity and being a draft pick. Gordon is over 30, so he's probably had his last BBQ in KC. So now it boils down to Fountain and Ross. I'm waiting to see what happens during camp to choose.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:50 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Hyperbole is wonderful but they haven't played a single snap yet. This is really overstating things man. I'm as hopeful as everyone else and have no issues with any of these guys but there are some REALLY good WR groups not playing for the Chiefs.
OMG this. “Better WR groups in the league.”

What’s going on on this board? Have people gone crazy? We have no proven WR1 on the roster. We’ve taken a lot of decent fliers on players with upside. We have the best QB in the league.

But these guys with a hyperaverage QB like, say, Kirk Cousins would strike fear in absolutely no one.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 112
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up