View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 204 of 343
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:58 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
He's probably just.. fine. He's a league-average LT. If he didn't have delusions of grandeur and simply wanted to be paid fair market, few people would have a problem with him or his play. But since his demands are outsized, people really, really want to say he sucks.
Yep.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:59 AM 10-11-2022
After last night, I'm getting close to wanting to see Christian get a shot at LT. OBJ is a shit athlete.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:02 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To be fair, he does want to be the highest-paid LT in the league. He brought a lot of this on himself.
and THAT is the whole deal.

He's not worth anywhere near what he wants.

Other than the fact that it does appear Andy will actually make some commitment to running the ball, I'm not certain that Geron Christian wouldn't perform better than Brown at this point. Christian might well be a better pass protector, based on previous rankings.

Brown is a guy that you really have to help out with speed rushers by chipping with a TE, and you shouldn't have to do that ith the top paid LT in football, as Brown sees himself.
[Reply]
nychief 08:03 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
After last night, I'm getting close to wanting to see Christian get a shot at LT. OBJ is a shit athlete.

Ummm...no. If you said get Fisher off the ranch - then maybe...but Christian is butt. But I do share your frustration with Zeus Jr. The problem is he is the best right tackle in football playing left tackle. That being said, he is far and away out best option - unless Thuney decided to go to tackle - which ain't going to happen.

He is just going to need help over there.
[Reply]
O.city 08:07 AM 10-11-2022
I thought he played well after a rocky start last night.

It's just the money. If they can get him for a "top 7ish" contract, sure. I woudln't love it but he's 26 so we should be good there.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:11 AM 10-11-2022
You guys really want the line to be Thuney, Allegretti, Humphrey, Smith, and Kinnard...?

And that's going to be better than Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith and Wylie...???
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:12 AM 10-11-2022
You guys really want the line to be Thuney, Allegretti, Humphrey, Smith, and Kinnard...?

And that's going to be better than Brown, Thuney, Humphrey, Smith and Wylie...???
Who is saying that?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by nychief:
Ummm...no. If you said get Fisher off the ranch - then maybe...but Christian is butt. But I do share your frustration with Zeus Jr. The problem is he is the best right tackle in football playing left tackle. That being said, he is far and away out best option - unless Thuney decided to go to tackle - which ain't going to happen.

He is just going to need help over there.
Fisher is done.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:15 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I thought he played well after a rocky start last night.

It's just the money. If they can get him for a "top 7ish" contract, sure. I woudln't love it but he's 26 so we should be good there.
The offer Veach made was adequate. It was a 3 year deal dressed up as a 6 year deal.

Year 1-cheap cap hit
Year 2-adequate cap hit
Year 3-big cap

So one big cap hit year and we can get out of it after that. I’m fine with that. Doesn’t wreck our cap at all
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:20 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Fisher is done.
I don't think that is necessarily true. I think he was not 100 percent early last year, got better as the season went on, and got some offers this off-season that he didn't like.

I think he was prepared to take this year to get fully healed and I would bet you're going to see him somewhere next season if not this year where someone has injury problems.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:21 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Who is saying that?
We routinely hear that Brown sucks, Thuney should move to LT, and Wylie sucks too play the young guy. That would be the result of the CP O-line, would it not?
[Reply]
jd1020 08:22 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think that is necessarily true. I think he was not 100 percent early last year, got better as the season went on, and got some offers this off-season that he didn't like.

I think he was prepared to take this year to get fully healed and I would bet you're going to see him somewhere next season if not this year where someone has injury problems.
I dont imagine a lot of teams will be lining up for his services.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:26 AM 10-11-2022
We routinely hear that Brown sucks, Thuney should move to LT, and Wylie sucks too play the young guy. That would be the result of the CP O-line, would it not?
Lets just stick to realistic scenarios... Veach remade the entire line in one offseason, surely he can find us two new tackles this time around
[Reply]
nychief 08:26 AM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I don't imagine a lot of teams will be lining up for his services.

Oh they will. The fact is...we'll prolly end up paying him. The market doesn't have to make sense and is not a meritocracy.

A couple of the pods have hinted that he is banged up... but it isn't being mentioned elsewhere.

He's our guy this year. Von Miller is happy.
[Reply]
nychief 08:28 AM 10-11-2022

Kinnard was so bad in training camp he barely made the team. Wylie is doing fine. Brown is making people money weekly.
[Reply]
Page 204 of 343
« First < 104154194200201202203204 205206207208214254304 > Last »
Up