ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 56
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:17 PM 06-29-2023
awesome

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:47 PM 06-29-2023
Uh oh:

Originally Posted by :
Incidentally, Indiana Jones had a "fresh" rating only in the 40s after its poor reception at Cannes. They recently bumped that up to 62%, by inviting a lot of shill Rotten Tomatoes nobodies to screen the film and, wink-wink, "give it an unbiased review," wink-wink. Chris Gore and Paulie of "The Latino Slant" attended that screening, and say that LucasFilm paid for their dinner and for drinks -- they wanted them to have a nice free buzz for the movie. And both said they've never been literally "wined and dined" for a screening before.

Disney Executive: Morale at the Mouse Has Never Been Worse; Everyone Knows That Kathleen Kennedy Has to be Fired, But Bob Iger Doesn't Have the Stones to Do It

Originally Posted by :
Like many recent releases, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is expected to have a reasonable opening weekend when it arrives in theaters worldwide on Friday, but for a film that comes with one of the biggest budgets of the summer that isn’t really good enough to ensure its success. Currently, Dial of Destiny is expected to open on $65 million domestically, and only $140 million worldwide. Considering the reported $295 budget of Indy’s swansong, along with a heft marketing campaign, this puts the fifth and final Indiana Jones adventure on the same shaky ground as the likes of The Flash, which has been a massive underperformer in the last few weeks.
Indiana Jones 5's Opening Weekend Projections Spell Disaster For Harrison Ford's Swansong
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 04:21 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
As I said earlier - I'd have LOVED to see Marion in a major role here being all Ravenwoodey and what not.

I don't need some snot-nosed brat that's 40 years Indy's junior stealing his thunder.

Karen Allen had about 40 minutes of screen time in a roughly 2 hour movie. If early reviews are to be believed, THIS movie is essentially a Phoebe Waller Bridge vehicle that's used to tie up an Indiana Jones loose end. And by most accounts, the most enjoyable part of the movie is the first 20 minutes that don't have her in it.

Marion is such a badass character. And yes, a 'strong, independent woman' - but she's a worthy foil/ally of Indy's; a legitimate peer. She's not his ****ing wetnurse and the smartest character in the room every time she's on screen.
Actually, Marion spends a good chunk of the movies being shrill and needing saving by Indy. Hell, she screams almost much as Willie. Still a great character.

Unlike whatever the new female is.
[Reply]
007 06:23 PM 06-29-2023
Red alert. Red alert. Clay incoming!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:11 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by 007:
Red alert. Red alert. Clay incoming!
Where is he coming?
[Reply]
007 08:37 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Where is he coming?

Well evidently not here lol
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:48 PM 06-29-2023
YOU DUMBSHITS RUINED THE MOVIE FOR YOURSELVES

EVERYONE LOVES THIS MOVIE AND WE ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME

YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL LICKERS

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:19 PM 06-29-2023
"Fucking miles better than Crystal Skull & that's all I really needed"

"It was a great movie. Fun as hell."

"I really liked it. Definitely had some flaws but what I liked I really loved. The final scene was the perfect way to end this series."

"I just got out of it and thought it was fantastic. I'd give it a solid 8.5 out of 10. I think it's got some problems, but they are few and far between, and even a lot of the problems I do have are minor ones."

"I think to me, the most important thing, it felt like an Indy movie. And flaws and all, that’s what matters most to me."

"What I loved was that it was about characters, and telling a story the whole way through. They didn't just stop having any character development whatsoever halfway through the movie in favor of endless action sequences the way that Crystal Skull does. For the entire duration of the movie Indiana Jones is actively doing something, and even the characters around him are growing and changing in their own way as a result of their time with Indy."

"I saw the movie this afternoon (RPX theater). I would give it a solid 8/10."
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:26 PM 06-29-2023
Rumors confirmed without a doubt. I'm just glad KK didn't get her way with the original abysmal ending and folks are having a good time with it. Still a bit baffled why she hasn't been fired.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:31 PM 06-29-2023

If you love Indiana Jones films
Don't see #IndianaJonesAndTheDialOfDestiny pic.twitter.com/uYKuQ8tPWl

— Nerdrotic (@Nerdrotics) June 29, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:32 PM 06-29-2023
sorry you don't like A GREAT MOVIE, troll

fuck off
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:35 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sorry you don't like A GREAT MOVIE, troll

fuck off
You support groomers, and the emasculation of Star Wars
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:37 PM 06-29-2023
YOU RUINED IT

YOU CUT OFF YOUR OWN DICK
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:37 PM 06-29-2023
Yikes. Tracking for a 65 million opening. That puts it firmly in bomb territory, although that's way more to do with just how much they've spent making/promoting it.

On track for a 6 million Thursday. For comparisons sake Crystal Skull got 25 million on its opening Thursday.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:43 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
YOU RUINED IT

YOU CUT OFF YOUR OWN DICK
Ruined it? I'd rather watch burn, and end the era of Woke Blockbusters thanks to Disney and their meddling in Florida
[Reply]
Page 47 of 56
« First < 374344454647 48495051 > Last »
Up