ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 56
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:25 PM 06-26-2023
TOP CRITIC

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Is Good, Actually

Originally Posted by :
But though Mangold is no Spielberg, there’s no question that he gets Indiana Jones. Dial of Destiny is a rollicking adventure that brings an earnest goofiness to the franchise, with a third-act twist so off-the-rails you have to applaud it for its ballsiness.

Dial of Destiny is a throwback movie in more ways than one, made as much in the shadow of Spielberg as it is in homage to the pulp adventures that started it all. While it doesn’t quite measure up to either, the joy of Dial of Destiny is in how it manages to capture the spirit of both while finally bringing full circle the original concept of Indiana Jones.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing about Dial of Destiny is how close it comes to greatness. There are a series of missed opportunities and lost potential. But, and this might be cliché to say, it’s got the spirit. Sure, Dial of Destiny doesn’t reach the highest heights of the Indiana Jones franchise, but in its wilder, weirder, goofier moments, it comes pretty darn close.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:41 AM 06-27-2023
64%

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:45 AM 06-27-2023
THE FIFTH INDIANA JONES FILM DIALS UP THE OLD AND THE NEW

Originally Posted by :
Now, along comes the fifth movie in the franchise entitled INDIANA JONES & THE DIAL OF DESTINY, and indeed, Indy’s age and crotchetiness are dialed up even more. If you’re going to make a final Indiana Jones film with the septuagenarian Ford in front of the camera, the film has to be all about the adventurer’s age. And thus, the filmmakers run with the theme, playing up the winter of Indy’s years for both humor and pathos.

And yet, even playing a past-his-prime Indy, Ford is a marvel. He’s funny, athletic, and sexy, giving director James Mangold a lot to work with. Indeed, Mangold and fellow screenwriters Jez Butterworth, Jon-Henry Butterworth, and David Koepp put the actor through his paces and most of the set pieces are amusing not only for their cleverness but that they actually have Ford doing so much of the stunt work. Indy rides a horse down into the NYC subway system. He climbs over all kinds of caverns and rocks, brushing off numerous creepy crawlies along the way. And while Indy doesn’t run much this time out, he does commandeer a vehicle or two and drives around like he’s still got that touch of madness he had in his earlier years.

When the film is concentrating on Indy and his aging heroics, it feels warm and welcome. Indy’s waning years give Ford a chance at some genuinely meaningful dialogue too as when he expresses regret at the mistakes he’s made over the many years.

The third act comes with lots of excitement and more than a few genuine surprises. It pays off the Dial spectacularly too. Equally effective is the poignant wrap-up of Indy’s story. Don’t be surprised if you find a lump in your throat the size of that golden idol he nabbed in the first film.

Ford’s crafty and layered performance here deserves Best Actor consideration come awards season. The least the Academy could do is give him an honorary Oscar.

This film serves as an exceptional curtain call for Ford’s beloved and iconic character. And as summer fun goes, it’s not only a charmer, it’s history.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:19 AM 06-27-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
TOP CRITIC DAVID SIMS RAVES
I have never heard a better example of 'damning with faint praise' in my life than:

Originally Posted by :
I thus left Dial of Destiny vaguely satisfied that this presumably final entry at least didn’t do anything to truly pervert the character’s legacy.
THIS is the feather in your cap?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:23 AM 06-27-2023
way to take one sentence out of context
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:25 AM 06-27-2023
HA! This is going to be EXCELLENT for all us old farts.

https://flickdirect.com/movie-review...iny/movie.ashx

4/5!!!

Originally Posted by :
For the most part, it is a solid send-off for Indiana Jones and Harrison Ford but while older audiences will probably enjoy the film, it may not resonate with younger viewers. Hopefully, parents can take their children to the film and they can enjoy a bonding experience while exposing teens and twenty-somethings to the wonders that is Indiana Jones.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:41 AM 06-27-2023
65%

[Reply]
Bowser 10:14 AM 06-27-2023
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 06-27-2023
indiana jones at the beginning of this thread

indiana jones at the end of this thread

[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:34 AM 06-27-2023
https://www.indiewire.com/features/i...ny-1234878614/

295 million fuckiing dollars. This thing is going to be a nuclear grade bomb based on the budget. Also, heh:

"He also had a generous studio budget (hefty development charges, plus extra pandemic costs: $295 million. “They met my terms,” said Mangold. “I had to screw my head on to the idea that I was essentially a pinch hitter for Babe Ruth. I had to understand my job was to move the batters, the men on base, and to play the game as well as I could, but not to try to rethink the whole thing. I didn’t feel like I had to play out some sort of rejection of his aesthetic. I’m a profound admirer.”

Aka don't blame me for this flaming bag of shit, just doing my jerb.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:01 PM 06-27-2023
:-) some of you are just determined to hate this

all indications are it will be a big hit!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:13 PM 06-27-2023
65% ok maybe I'll go see it. Curious of the audience score
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:31 PM 06-27-2023
66%

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:42 PM 06-27-2023
‘Dial of Destiny’ a fun farewell for Indiana Jones

Originally Posted by :
Whatever else “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny” turns out to be, it’s also a fun, engaging, and memorable sendoff for a great character, and a worthy installment in one of cinema’s great blockbuster institutions.

All of this works to some degree or another, but what works best about the whole affair is the collaboration between Ford and Waller-Bridge, the English writer and actress best known for her astonishing series “Fleabag.”

Ford is still, after five decades in the spotlight, a genuine movie star, the kind of actor who can command the screen even when he’s doing the bare minimum, and he’s definitely doing much more than that this time around.

He treats Indy’s swan song with the sincerity and gravity that’s necessary, showing us a man who seems to have fallen out of time and lost all sense of what he’s meant to do with the years he has left. It’s a moving performance.

There’s plenty in “Dial of Destiny” to love, from the sense of adventure to the way it grapples with Indy’s own changing concept of time and purpose. It’s a worthy sequel, one that I’m grateful to have after years of waiting, and a thrilling time at the movies.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:43 PM 06-27-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
https://www.indiewire.com/features/i...ny-1234878614/

295 million fuckiing dollars. This thing is going to be a nuclear grade bomb based on the budget. Also, heh:

"He also had a generous studio budget (hefty development charges, plus extra pandemic costs: $295 million. “They met my terms,” said Mangold. “I had to screw my head on to the idea that I was essentially a pinch hitter for Babe Ruth. I had to understand my job was to move the batters, the men on base, and to play the game as well as I could, but not to try to rethink the whole thing. I didn’t feel like I had to play out some sort of rejection of his aesthetic. I’m a profound admirer.”

Aka don't blame me for this flaming bag of shit, just doing my jerb.

If this doesn't break 900 million, it'll be the end of "woke " blockbusters.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 56
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up