ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 226 of 295
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TEX 11:16 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Where would we be if we drafted Tee Higgins instead of Clyde? Could really use a 3rd receiver like that guy
True. But I was all in on Jonathan Taylor, so I'll just stick to thinking about that when I start bitching about drafting CEH. :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:49 AM 11-15-2021
CEH is a JAG but may get better hopefully
[Reply]
jd1020 11:57 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Just start using him in the passing game like they have been using the RB in the passing game in recent weeks. Look what a bum like Darrel Williams just accomplished in the passing game. I mean... thats why we fucking drafted him over the other RBs in the draft. Not because he was better than they are at running the ball, but because he seemingly fit this offense like a glove. We've been using him like an OJ Simpson glove, though.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:06 PM 11-15-2021
Mahomes has done a great job of selling the downfield pass then coming back to the RB down low. He’s dropping back, looking downfield, letting those LBs get some depth, then he’s firing it out to Darrel who’s got 10-12 yards of open field in front of him.

I’d like to see us do the same thing with Clyde. He’s not a guy who can create a ton on his own, but if we can get him in the open field with a head full of steam, maybe he can make some magic.
[Reply]
TEX 12:23 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
And / or we will learn how to use him more effectively.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:28 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Mahomes has done a great job of selling the downfield pass then coming back to the RB down low. He’s dropping back, looking downfield, letting those LBs get some depth, then he’s firing it out to Darrel who’s got 10-12 yards of open field in front of him.

I’d like to see us do the same thing with Clyde. He’s not a guy who can create a ton on his own, but if we can get him in the open field with a head full of steam, maybe he can make some magic.
And hopefully more screens.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:29 PM 11-15-2021
The way this season has played out, I kind of expect CEH to come back strong and silence some of the doubters.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:30 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And hopefully more screens.

Aye, hopefully that helps the Ts as well. A half second’s hesitation from them thinking they might be vacating an area where a screen in developing could be the difference between a TD and a turnover.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:50 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The way this season has played out, I kind of expect CEH to come back strong and silence some of the doubters.
Assuming he's healthy, he's going to play well. Darrel, though, has earned the right to continue as the starter, IMO.
[Reply]
jd1020 12:52 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Darrel, though, has earned the right to continue as the starter, IMO.
You must be fucking joking. He's what T-40th in YPA? Ya... lets continue more of that please.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:11 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Aye, hopefully that helps the Ts as well. A half second’s hesitation from them thinking they might be vacating an area where a screen in developing could be the difference between a TD and a turnover.
It’s also going to help with the two deep safety issue. Screens and runs are going to cause them to creep up.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:12 PM 11-15-2021
Honestly CEH could look a shitload better if hed try to juke and avoid contact instead of lowering his shoulder all the time.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:18 PM 11-15-2021
Williams ended up in a LOT of 1x1 situations last night.

This is exactly what they drafted CEH for... his quickness and cutting ability make him tough for closing-out LB and S to defend.

As well as Williams played last night, I think CEH gets a little more out of those 1x1, open-field situations. Though I don't know that he is someone you throw a jump ball to in the end zone.

A healthy CEH that makes LB routinely miss 1x1 in the short and intermediate ranges makes this offense even tougher to defend.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:37 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Williams ended up in a LOT of 1x1 situations last night.

This is exactly what they drafted CEH for... his quickness and cutting ability make him tough for closing-out LB and S to defend.

As well as Williams played last night, I think CEH gets a little more out of those 1x1, open-field situations. Though I don't know that he is someone you throw a jump ball to in the end zone.

A healthy CEH that makes LB routinely miss 1x1 in the short and intermediate ranges makes this offense even tougher to defend.
This is basically everything you need to know. He may be a JAG but hes a JAG upgrade from our current JAG's.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:45 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
This is basically everything you need to know. He may be a JAG but hes a JAG upgrade from our current JAG's.
I'm not even sold that he's just a guy. I think he's a little better than average.

They've used him like he's a run-first guy, though. Drafting him with the idea of utilizing him in the passing game like KC used Williams last night makes sense.

Drafting him with the idea of him being primarily a ballcarrier? If that's what you're looking for, why draft Edwards-Helaire and not Taylor?
[Reply]
Page 226 of 295
« First < 126176216222223224225226 227228229230236276 > Last »
Up