ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Windows 11
eDave 06:48 PM 06-15-2021
Windows 11 leak reveals new UI, Start menu, and more

[Reply]
Molitoth 06:55 PM 06-15-2021
Early reviews state this may be the new Windows Vista.

We will see I suppose. I normally judge for myself.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:42 PM 06-15-2021
I have an older desktop I use a lot and when I updated it to Windows 10, it functions like it's in super slow mode a lot of the time, while other times it's fine in short periods.

I assume it doesn't have enough memory to run Windows 10?
[Reply]
007 08:43 PM 06-15-2021
So it's a mac
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:43 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Early reviews state this may be the new Windows Vista.

We will see I suppose. I normally judge for myself.
I'm just waiting for the next Windows 2000. Best OS ever IMO.
[Reply]
eDave 09:05 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I have an older desktop I use a lot and when I updated it to Windows 10, it functions like it's in super slow mode a lot of the time, while other times it's fine in short periods.

I assume it doesn't have enough memory to run Windows 10?
How much RAM do you have? Minimum 4GB should be enough for Windows 64b. Running other apps will cut into that, especially Chrome.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:43 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
How much RAM do you have? Minimum 4GB should be enough for Windows 64b. Running other apps will cut into that, especially Chrome.
I have 4GB but I do run Chrome all the time.

This computer originally had Windows 7.........
[Reply]
Fish 09:46 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I have 4GB but I do run Chrome all the time.

This computer originally had Windows 7.........
Chrome is a hungry bitch. Especially if you leave lots of tabs open like I do....

8GB should be considered the current absolute minimum for Windows these days. And RAM is cheap...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:56 PM 06-15-2021
...... did the center the

Jesus Christ, working in IT this will be a cluster fuck with end user complaints
[Reply]
Fish 10:16 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
working in IT
Poor bastards...
[Reply]
eDave 10:34 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
...... did the center the

Jesus Christ, working in IT this will be a cluster fuck with end user complaints
Not sure this upgrade is really worth corporate upgrades. As far as I can tell at this point. At least until MS drops support for 10.

Regardless, a good rollout should limit the user complaints.. Those complaint service desk calls go into the trash anyway.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:34 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Chrome is a hungry bitch. Especially if you leave lots of tabs open like I do....

8GB should be considered the current absolute minimum for Windows these days. And RAM is cheap...
Interesting. I see mine is 4GB DDR3. I have an older Asus desktop. Can I replace this RAM myself and upgrade to 8GB?

I only use my desktop for surfing the web, my stock screener, some basic work stuff and streaming sports. I don’t play any games.
[Reply]
Otter 05:52 AM 06-16-2021
* You couldn't pay me enough to support end users. I did it for 3 years after college and I'm still surprised to this day I didn't strangle someone or get fired.

* I'm pretty sure it's possible to limit the amount of memory Chrome or pretty much any browser can use with a little tinkering. It might be adding a user flag to the call in properties > Target

Ex: C:\Users\nip\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe --disk-cache-size-35000000

That's obviously not memory but what it would look like.

* I could have sworn I read somewhere that Win 10 would be the last roll out and MS would be updating long time.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:14 AM 06-16-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
* You couldn't pay me enough to support end users. I did it for 3 years after college and I'm still surprised to this day I didn't strangle someone or get fired.

* I'm pretty sure it's possible to limit the amount of memory Chrome or pretty much any browser can use with a little tinkering. It might be adding a user flag to the call in properties > Target

Ex: C:\Users\nip\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe --disk-cache-size-35000000

That's obviously not memory but what it would look like.

* I could have sworn I read somewhere that Win 10 would be the last roll out and MS would be updating long time.

Lucky for me I don’t support them, but I do run a MSP. That being said when you go out in the market there are so many legacy systems, I wonder what shit Windows 11 will break.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:39 AM 06-16-2021
Oh god, make it stop...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Up