ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Purchased my new rig!
Mephistopheles Janx 06:53 PM 06-12-2021
First pre-built system I've purchased since I saved up my allowance to buy a used "Intel Compatible" 286 WAY back in the day as a kid.

CPU: Intel Corer i5-11600KF
RAM: 16GB DDR4/3200
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z590 PRO WiFi
GPU: RTX 3070
HD: 1TB GIGABYTE AORUS NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 5000/4400 MB/s
CASE: Lian Li PC-008
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 Series 750W 80 PLUS GOLD
AIO: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 360mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate

CyberPower has an additional 5% off with SUMMIT as the coupon code.

Priced individually (including case fans, legit Win 10, and such) The system would have cost me $1700 to purchase the individual parts, plus tax and/or shipping... not including the time to put it all together and load up the OS.

$1650 shipped plus a "free" $50 gift card... but I won't see it until mid August.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:50 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
$900
It really is 100% not for sale. I'm sorry bud. It took me 2 months from ordering before I even got a confirmation that this build was actually going down.
[Reply]
Fish 08:11 AM 08-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
It really is 100% not for sale. I'm sorry bud. It took me 2 months from ordering before I even got a confirmation that this build was actually going down.
Yeah, I'm just giving you shit. Enjoy your system.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:48 AM 08-18-2021
Apex Legends is my jam right now with some OOTP 22 on the side. 6 years... and still gearing up for Star Citizen. :-)

Thoughts on Escape from Tarkov?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:01 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Haven't played that yet. My brother suggested it for me but I got involved with Titanfall 2 instead. Have you played it?
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:29 AM 08-20-2021
Haven't played that yet. My brother suggested it for me but I got involved with Titanfall 2 instead. Have you played it?
no, it looks great though.
[Reply]
Fish 11:29 AM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
Watched several videos of extended gameplay. It looks really cool. But it's a very slow paced "Patience" type shooter. Meant to be super realistic. You may go for 5-10 minutes without ever shooting anything. Many times when you die, you never see the person who actually shot you. Lots of camping/waiting. It's also a survival game, so if/when you die, you lose all your gear. You spend a bunch of raids building and customizing a cool gun, only to see it lost instantly when you get popped in the face by a camper hiding under a tree 400yds away. Lots of surprise deaths and anguish at lost gear. You've really got to be careful with sounds within the game. Players will hunt you via sound. Even little stuff like reloading your magazines takes extended time and makes noise. Which makes you run and hide to reload/heal/etc. Sprinting makes noise. Regaining your stamina makes you breath heavy, which can be heard. Shit tons of gear and usable items.

The super slow pace, and the survival aspect will probably keep me from playing it. I'd just rage quit and break something....
[Reply]
hometeam 06:31 PM 08-20-2021
Tarkov is ok if you like slow slow slow, psuedo-realistic gunplay in which you are pretty much 1 hit quit, coupled with a weird inventory minigame, in which you have to pay extra rl money to not tear your hair out, for 10-15 minutes between each match.

Its a game held up by a vocal fanbase because of the 'realistic' gunplay, in which imo it's not really realistic, its just there are no hitmarkers or extra HUD stuff, and you pretty much die if you get shot. The gunplay itself is not fun or satisfying to me, and the slow progression of each match doesnt work because the maps/runs are so small overall that the chance to build to satisfaction isnt there, the pacing isnt right for fun for me.

I would much rather play DayZ for these kind of experiences.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:56 PM 08-20-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Tarkov is ok if you like slow slow slow, psuedo-realistic gunplay in which you are pretty much 1 hit quit, coupled with a weird inventory minigame, in which you have to pay extra rl money to not tear your hair out, for 10-15 minutes between each match.

Its a game held up by a vocal fanbase because of the 'realistic' gunplay, in which imo it's not really realistic, its just there are no hitmarkers or extra HUD stuff, and you pretty much die if you get shot. The gunplay itself is not fun or satisfying to me, and the slow progression of each match doesnt work because the maps/runs are so small overall that the chance to build to satisfaction isnt there, the pacing isnt right for fun for me.

I would much rather play DayZ for these kind of experiences.
Is DayZ playable? I know they released the full game but I haven't touched it in a few years. Keep reading reviews on Steam that just torch the devs of that game.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08-20-2021, 08:43 PM
This message has been deleted by Molitoth.
Mephistopheles Janx 12:20 AM 08-21-2021
Just finished Titanfall 2. It was actually a pretty decent story and game if not several hours too short.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:24 PM 08-21-2021
Titanfall is usually cheap as hell as well. Get on that Boarderlands grind
[Reply]
Fish 07:48 PM 08-23-2021
Tonight, the Silicon Gods blessed me. A friend was at Microcenter getting some speaker equipment, and noticed they were currently stoking the shelves with new RTX cards. He knew I'd been looking forever. They happened to have this, and my buddy was able to hang on to it until I drove over there to buy it.

Happy dance....

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:23 AM 08-24-2021
Tonight, the Silicon Gods blessed me. A friend was at Microcenter getting some speaker equipment, and noticed they were currently stoking the shelves with new RTX cards. He knew I'd been looking forever. They happened to have this, and my buddy was able to hang on to it until I drove over there to buy it.

Happy dance....

NICE! Congratulations! What is the first game you are gonna run through with it?

I'm currently playing The Outer Worlds.
[Reply]
Fish 10:01 AM 08-24-2021
NICE! Congratulations! What is the first game you are gonna run through with it?

I'm currently playing The Outer Worlds.
I started a new Doom Eternal playthrough. So beautiful. Ended up getting killed a bunch because I was distracted by the incredible ray traced lighting. Fired up Red Dead, and Cyberpunk 2077 as well, just to look around a bit. What an amazing difference.

CPU overclocked at 5Ghz. GPU overclocked to 2Ghz. Temps staying well under 75° even during stress tests.

Feels good to finally unleash the beast...

:-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:51 PM 08-24-2021
Just finished Titanfall 2. It was actually a pretty decent story and game if not several hours too short.
Titanfall 2 is one of the best FPS's of the 2010's. Probably my favorite ever? The multiplayer is great.
[Reply]
Pants 09:10 PM 08-24-2021
I started a new Doom Eternal playthrough. So beautiful. Ended up getting killed a bunch because I was distracted by the incredible ray traced lighting. Fired up Red Dead, and Cyberpunk 2077 as well, just to look around a bit. What an amazing difference.

CPU overclocked at 5Ghz. GPU overclocked to 2Ghz. Temps staying well under 75° even during stress tests.

Feels good to finally unleash the beast...

:-)
Congrats! That's probably the best bang for the buck you can get right now. What a great fucking card. How much did MC want for it if you don't mind me asking?

P.S. I'm finishing my LOOOONG journey through RDR2 right now. IDK why I waited so long to play it. It's such a gorgeous game on PC and is just a masterpiece in every aspect.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up