ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Media Center>Venom: Let there be Carnage
The Franchise 09:10 AM 05-10-2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 09:39 AM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I really like Hardy as an actor. Just hadn’t seemed to reach his full potential at the box office for some reason.
Agreed 100%, I'd much rather see him in some gritty crime drama than another comic book/Mad Max type role
[Reply]
Valiant 04:02 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Marvel is over saturated now.

Carnage is one thing. But when we start getting into Knull (whoever that is) and some of the other characters ive seen discussed recently, we're in the deep end of the fan-service characters.

The mainstream has no idea who the **** Knull is. Some of these latest marvel projects have been featuring characters whom idk who the **** they are.

There's a certain point where the general public stops giving a **** about unknown ridiculous looking super heroes.
Disagree.

Marvel made guardians a house hold name from a nothing comic.

Chan she or whatever it is called will be a good precursor for stateside quality.

As for venom, I hated the movie. Maybe I need to rewatch it.

I just want flash Thompson venom.

Into the spider verse was perfection. I think the new spiderman with all three actors will have the same feeling.
[Reply]
Wilsonsok 06:48 AM 05-18-2021
railers look dope - great comic accurate suit tat design is REALLY good. I like how it isn't just a red version of Venom. It actually looks more violent and rough.
[Reply]
morphius 07:06 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Disagree.

Chan she or whatever it is called will be a good precursor for stateside quality.

Into the spider verse was perfection. I think the new spiderman with all three actors will have the same feeling.
And with Guardians I thought to myself, seriously a talking racoon, I'm not watching that crap. Ended up loving it. But this is sony, so we will see.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:22 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
For me those were Thor, Thor 2 and Captain Marvel, although I like Captain Marvel the best out of the three.

Captain Marvel hit $1.1 billion at the box office so it didn't miss financial expectations but the movie just wasn't up to the standard set by Ant Man, Guardians, Spider-Man Homecoming, Thor 3 or Infinity Wars, let alone, the Russo directed Captain America films.

I enjoyed Ant Man 2 but it was little more than a vehicle to introduce the quantum realm in terms of time travel and didn't really hold much significance outside of that.
The first Thor movie gets a bit of a bad rap IMHO. No where near as bad as Thor2 which is horrifically bad. Captain Marvel was a disappointment for me the first time I watched it, but it is much better on a re-watch.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:23 AM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Disagree.

I think Venom gets better with each re-watch, at least it does for me. I was underwhelmed the first time I watched it, but I think knowing where it is going on a re-watch opens it up a bit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 05-18-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The first Thor movie gets a bit of a bad rap IMHO. No where near as bad as Thor2 which is horrifically bad. Captain Marvel was a disappointment for me the first time I watched it, but it is much better on a re-watch.
I agree that Thor 2 is an inferior movie to Thor, which in itself isn't a good movie. Hemsworth couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, which is why they featured "real" actors in the film like Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman and the incomparable Stellan Skarsgard over Hemsworth.

But between the original Avengers and Ultron, Hemsworth must have taken some serious acting classes because he was so much better in Ultron, which of course carried over to Thor 3 (probably my personal favorite of all the Marvel films at this point) and the Infinity Saga.

Captain Marvel isn't a bad film, per se, and the performances are fine but the story was boring. It was a straight line from getting her powers from an Infinity Stone to her being one of the most powerful beings in the universe. No trials, no tribulation, no loss, just unlimited power handed over to her.

I don't know that a different actress could have done any better with the script that was given for that film, which just didn't work for me.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:09 AM 06-02-2021

Andy Serkis Says 'VENOM: LET THERE BE CARNAGE' Will Tease Other Spider-Man Villains https://t.co/Bzw12el7Rd #VenomLetThereBeCarnage #SpiderMan pic.twitter.com/sr3FRyYG2V

— Geek Vibes Nation (@GeekVibesNation) June 2, 2021

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:28 AM 06-02-2021
I thought Venom was ok... the trailer for 2 looks fairly decent, I just can't get into the character and overall fit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:00 AM 06-02-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I thought Venom was ok... the trailer for 2 looks fairly decent, I just can't get into the character and overall fit.
Venom felt like a wanna-be Marvel film that was missing that "Special Sauce" that is Kevin Feige.

Maybe the sequel will be better but Sony's track record of sequels in the Marvel Universe hasn't been good, e.g., the Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, IMO (and I know I'm in the minority), Spider-Man 2 with Toby Maguire and the awful Spider-Man 3.

Overall, Venom was better than the Ang Lee directed Hulk but that's about it, IMO.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:54 AM 06-02-2021
Venom felt like a wanna-be Marvel film that was missing that "Special Sauce" that is Kevin Feige.

Maybe the sequel will be better but Sony's track record of sequels in the Marvel Universe hasn't been good, e.g., the Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, IMO (and I know I'm in the minority), Spider-Man 2 with Toby Maguire and the awful Spider-Man 3.

Overall, Venom was better than the Ang Lee directed Hulk but that's about it, IMO.
Spiderman 2 with Toby really hasn't held up well at all. It bored the piss out of me last time I tried watching it. First one is still pretty good though.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:10 PM 06-02-2021
Spiderman 2 with Toby really hasn't held up well at all. It bored the piss out of me last time I tried watching it. First one is still pretty good though.
I wasn't a huge fan of the first film, mainly because Toby Maguire wasn't even remotely convincing as a teenaged Peter Parker, IMO. I thought it was "okay", on-point and a bit too obvious, but okay.

When Spider-Man 2 was released, the critics and audiences went nuts over it, saying it was better than the original Sam Raimi directed Spider-Man film. I was in a particularly busy period of my life at that time, so I waited until it hit HBO or whichever premium channel at the time and when I saw it, was terribly disappointed and didn't understand the hype whatsoever.

For me, Tom Holland is so good as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and the production and stories, guided by the amazing Kevin Feige, have been everything and more that I hoped for and expected from a Spider-Man film series.

I think those standalone films, even though they fit perfectly in the MCU, are among the finest that Marvel has produced and if No Way Home even matches the other two, the Spider-Man movies will be my favorite of all of the individual MCU films, mainly because Iron Man 2 & 3, along with Thor 1 & 2 really fell short.

Winter Soldier and Civil War were amazing but Captain America: First Avenger, while a good movie, pales in comparison to the following two and now that Chris Evans is out for an undetermined amount of time, I'm not sure that series films can match the Spider-Man trilogy.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:38 PM 06-02-2021
I wasn't a huge fan of the first film, mainly because Toby Maguire wasn't even remotely convincing as a teenaged Peter Parker, IMO. I thought it was "okay", on-point and a bit too obvious, but okay.

When Spider-Man 2 was released, the critics and audiences went nuts over it, saying it was better than the original Sam Raimi directed Spider-Man film. I was in a particularly busy period of my life at that time, so I waited until it hit HBO or whichever premium channel at the time and when I saw it, was terribly disappointed and didn't understand the hype whatsoever.

For me, Tom Holland is so good as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and the production and stories, guided by the amazing Kevin Feige, have been everything and more that I hoped for and expected from a Spider-Man film series.

I think those standalone films, even though they fit perfectly in the MCU, are among the finest that Marvel has produced and if No Way Home even matches the other two, the Spider-Man movies will be my favorite of all of the individual MCU films, mainly because Iron Man 2 & 3, along with Thor 1 & 2 really fell short.

Winter Soldier and Civil War were amazing but Captain America: First Avenger, while a good movie, pales in comparison to the following two and now that Chris Evans is out for an undetermined amount of time, I'm not sure that series films can match the Spider-Man trilogy.
Holland's portrayal of Spiderman, while I mostly enjoy it, is too kiddy for my tastes. Spiderman is my favorite hero, and I guess I grew up with a more mature comics version (80's - early 90's) that they just haven't yet given us on the screen. I was hoping the Venom storyline would morph into that, but it really can't go there with Holland as Spiderman.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:56 PM 06-02-2021
Holland's portrayal of Spiderman, while I mostly enjoy it, is too kiddy for my tastes. Spiderman is my favorite hero, and I guess I grew up with a more mature comics version (80's - early 90's) that they just haven't yet given us on the screen. I was hoping the Venom storyline would morph into that, but it really can't go there with Holland as Spiderman.
Ha! And that's exactly why I like Holland as Spidey: He has that youthful innocence that Maguire and the others just didn't have as Spider-Man.

Tom Holland is 25 years old, so as long as he wants to continue with the role, I think he can gradually become a more adult version of Spider-Man, which would be awesome, IMO.

And as long as they don't kill him off and bring in a Multiverse version like Miles Morales, Holland should be the leader of the Avengers by the time he's 30 or so.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:14 PM 06-02-2021
I'm fully expecting a Miles Morales introduction in No Way Home. It seems like they're doing a live action adaptation of Into the Spiderverse with this movie, which will be fucking awesome if they do (or even use elements of it which it seems they could very well be with all the casting rumors out there).
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up