ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
Sure-Oz 08:41 AM 12-03-2019
New teaser

@MarvelStudios: "I’m done running from my past." Watch the new teaser trailer for Marvel Studios’ #BlackWidow. In theaters May 1, 2020.

https://youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:56 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And the fact that the Skrulls had already invaded Earth.

The film also sets up Secret Invasion, which boasts an absolutely loaded cast and *appears* to the be the most important Marvel TV series that's been announced to date.

I didn't think that Captain Marvel was a "bad" movie, per se. It was well cast, well directed and had excellent VFX but the score was utterly forgettable, as was the story. Black Widow resonated with me because I wanted to know Natasha's backstory, which had been hinted at various times but we really didn't know much about her personal life, other than she'd been a trained assassin and defected from Russia/KBG.

Captain Marvel's story was lame. She was a hotshot pilot who was exposed to an Infinity Stone, which made her Top 5 in terms of the MCU's most powerful beings. She nearly single-handedly killed Thanos by herself in a just a few minutes of screen time, which made it even dumber that she had no idea that Thanos was searching for the final Infinity Stones and once acquired, would kill half of all life in the Universe.

She had zero excuses for not appearing in Infinity War.

It was just a poorly conceived movie and I'll never understand why it did as well as it did at the box office because even for all its flaws (Ghost was pretty weak, IMO), Ant-Man and the Wasp was infinitely more entertaining, IMO, and far more relevant to the end of Phase 3 and the beginning of Phase 4 than Captain Marvel.

Captain Marvel is just like, whatever.
Yeah — Marvel really doesn’t want you to think too hard about why TF she didn’t show up to Wakanda Endgame style. Thanos is toast at that point (no way he overcomes Captain Marvel and Thor), 5 stones and everything.
[Reply]
Fish 07:35 AM 07-14-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 09:07 AM 07-14-2021
^ Agreed

I suppose they could revisit the character/idea in the future, buuutt.....
[Reply]
Fish 09:40 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
^ Agreed

I suppose they could revisit the character/idea in the future, buuutt.....
Definitely, with the way they "Explained" it...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:24 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Definitely, with the way they "Explained" it...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:31 PM 07-14-2021
Spoiler!

[Reply]
rydogg58 04:11 PM 07-14-2021
Watched it last night on Disney plus. It was better than I thought it would be. David Harbour was hilarious. My daughters loved it more than I did, but I think that's because I'm kind of getting Marveled out with all the new releases.

A side note, I know some have said they didn't care for having new releases streamed. This was the first time we streamed a new release, and honestly I think this is the way to go. 30 bucks was a hell of a lot cheaper than taking a family of 5 and buying all the snacks and drinks. I have been looking for a reason to get a new sound system and couch for the T.V. room and after last night, I think I got the wife convinced to go ahead and do it.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:18 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Watched it last night on Disney plus. It was better than I thought it would be. David Harbour was hilarious. My daughters loved it more than I did, but I think that's because I'm kind of getting Marveled out with all the new releases.

A side note, I know some have said they didn't care for having new releases streamed. This was the first time we streamed a new release, and honestly I think this is the way to go. 30 bucks was a hell of a lot cheaper than taking a family of 5 and buying all the snacks and drinks. I have been looking for a reason to get a new sound system and couch for the T.V. room and after last night, I think I got the wife convinced to go ahead and do it.
This is no lie. I took my daughter and her boyfriend and it was north of 60 bucks with the tickets and concessions.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:40 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This is no lie. I took my daughter and her boyfriend and it was north of 60 bucks with the tickets and concessions.
This is exactly why PVOD is here to stay.

My oldest wanted to see the film in a theater but after checking, two tickets would have cost $37 dollars, then $4 dollars for parking and another $15 or so for popcorn and drink, not to mention, 3 to 4 hours out of my day.

So, I could have either spent $56 dollars for two people to see it once or $29.99 to watch it as many times as I'd like, and we've already watched it 3 times.

I'm so used to watching these kinds of movies at home and have come to enjoy it more than theaters, especially when there people that just can't put down their fucking phones.
[Reply]
rydogg58 04:58 PM 07-14-2021

My oldest wanted to see the film in a theater but after checking, two tickets would have cost $37 dollars, then $4 dollars for parking and another $15 or so for popcorn and drink, not to mention, 3 to 4 hours out of my day.

So, I could have either spent $56 dollars for two people to see it once or $29.99 to watch it as many times as I'd like, and we've already watched it 3 times.

I'm so used to watching these kinds of movies at home and have come to enjoy it more than theaters, especially when there people that just can't put down their fucking phones.
Oh shit, I guess I didn't realize you get to keep the movie after you stream it. How long do you get to watch it?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:08 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Oh shit, I guess I didn't realize you get to keep the movie after you stream it. How long do you get to watch it?
From my understanding, for as long as you keep the Disney+ subscription.

In less than three months from now, it'll be in the Marvel collection at no extra charge.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:02 PM 07-14-2021

An early version of #BlackWidow had Tony Stark in it but the deleted scene was deleted again. pic.twitter.com/EZ93wTxsL7

— Phase Zero - MCU (@PhaseZeroCB) July 14, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:58 PM 07-14-2021

I'm so used to watching these kinds of movies at home and have come to enjoy it more than theaters, especially when there people that just can't put down their ****ing phones.
This. And Disney gets to keep 100% of the profits without having to share with exhibitors.

In my area, there is currently a theater boom. But they are not just traditional theaters. They typically have bowling, arcades, Bars, restaurants, VR and full service kitchens with catered table service. Modern theaters are adjusting to the new normal by adding additional revenue streams.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:50 AM 07-17-2021
Here's David Harbour on the First We Feast channel (Youtube) doing spicy wings for Hot Ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOfVbtOUhU0

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:48 AM 07-17-2021
Harbour looked really slimmed down in that vid. He must gain weight to look more frumpy for Stranger Things
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up