ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 71
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
srvy 10:27 PM 08-19-2021

[Reply]
srvy 11:12 PM 08-19-2021
It was maybe 2013 or 14 working out of town one of the crew said he was going to get tickets to Dinosaur Jr. I asked who and he said you got to see these guys the guitarist and bassist are incredible. So I was in and wow I was blown away along with my ears for the week. They will be in KC at the Truman tomorrow promise J Mascis will blow you away. The opened with Thumb and I was hooked.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:38 AM 08-20-2021
Most recent pickups.

[Reply]
Mennonite 11:57 AM 08-23-2021
One of (the many) cool things about Alice Cooper is that he will dig up some deep cuts and interesting covers for his live performances:

[Reply]
Mennonite 09:58 AM 08-27-2021

[Reply]
cmh6476 01:02 PM 08-27-2021

I just ordered this record, should be here in a few days. And heading to San Diego in 2 weeks to see them at Petco.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:52 PM 08-29-2021
Two idols my friend started producing for.

[Reply]
Bowser 05:57 PM 08-29-2021
I'll be the first to admit my music tastes can be rather dated, bland, and unoriginal. I'm usually a rock guy first, then I'll skip around the genres. I've never been a huge BLS fan, but I dig them and think Zakk Wylde is as good as anyone out there on lead right now. I am loving their new single, not because it's some great cutting edge song, but because of that opening riff.....

I love that heavy drop riff sound. I just bought my very first starter guitar ever not long ago, and I will master that riff sometime soon.
[Reply]
eDave 06:44 PM 08-29-2021
WTF is that guy doing to Cortez The Killer?!

That's just terrible. The interpretation, the playing , the acoustics. Why even play it if that's what you're going to play? Fuck!
[Reply]
Bowser 07:15 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:

That's just terrible. The interpretation, the playing , the acoustics. Why even play it if that's what you're going to play? Fuck!
You think they'll be able to play Coachella one day? Burning Man, maybe?
[Reply]
srvy 05:39 PM 08-30-2021

I'd be willing to bet Neil would love it. J Mascis isn't a cover band he interprets it how he sees fit. CTK should be done live with a lot of feedback and raw guitar playing. The only thing I agree with is the recording isn't great.

Here is another raw playing of a Mascis song with Paul Shafer David Sanborn. Hope it pisses you off too.

[Reply]
srvy 05:40 PM 08-30-2021

I'd be willing to bet Neil would love it. J Mascis isn't a cover band he interprets it how he sees fit. CTK should be done live with a lot of feedback and raw guitar playing. The only thing I agree with is the recording isn't great.

Here is another raw playing of a Mascis song with Paul Shafer David Sanborn. Hope it pisses you off too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmSfEdfvRzA
[Reply]
eDave 11:02 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:

That hairball's musical interpretation sucks balls too. Thanks for posting it up twice.
[Reply]
Mennonite 04:05 PM 08-31-2021

The man looks like he's wearing at least 3 wigs:

[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:06 PM 08-31-2021
Been listening to a lot of Leon Bridges recently. The reworked motown movement is pretty good and diverse.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 71
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up