ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 71
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Media Center>What Are You Spinning? Cont.
eDave 08:45 PM 02-05-2019
Rabble's thread has become extremely slow to load and post so I'm starting a new one while the other will be locked.

As rabble is no longer with us (cough), I have been authorized to post in his stead.

Perhaps we can add a full description of the video then post a direct link in an effort to forego the issues in the original thread.

Let's hear what your hearing.

Link to the original - https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314922
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Happy to hear you enjoyed it, and yeah, huge blow to fans and peers to learn of Riley's death.

Music is so subjective, especially the heavier stuff, that there's not much middle ground between love and hate, making recommendations trickier, haha.

Not speaking directly to you, but anyone who's building out a collection or is interested in discographies, pressing info, etc. discogs.com is a really good resource if not already utilizing it.
I've probably bought 200 albums on Discogs in the past couple of years. It's an amazing resource for filling out your back catalog, especially stuff that's hard to find or out of print.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:55 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I've probably bought 200 albums on Discogs in the past couple of years. It's an amazing resource for filling out your back catalog, especially stuff that's hard to find or out of print.
I've yet to purchase anything from their marketplace, but I do use it a lot for pressing info and as a valuation metric of my collection. Another thing I love about it is the band member links to see what other projects they've been part of and such.

I'm getting better about it now, but for many years I would only purchase 1st or limited pressings in the year they were released. If I missed it when it came out, I missed it. Its more of an obsessive compulsive quirk than an elitist behavior thing for me though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:09 PM 03-26-2021
I've yet to purchase anything from their marketplace, but I do use it a lot for pressing info and as a valuation metric of my collection. Another thing I love about it is the band member links to see what other projects they've been part of and such.

I'm getting better about it now, but for many years I would only purchase 1st or limited pressings in the year they were released. If I missed it when it came out, I missed it. Its more of an obsessive compulsive quirk than an elitist behavior thing for me though.
My OCD thing is that I have to have every studio album for every artist in my "A" list.

Some of those bands have been playing since the 70's and their early albums tend to be smaller releases or even downright obscure. Discogs has been invaluable in getting copies of albums that would be otherwise unobtainable for me.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:32 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My OCD thing is that I have to have every studio album for every artist in my "A" list.

Some of those bands have been playing since the 70's and their early albums tend to be smaller releases or even downright obscure. Discogs has been invaluable in getting copies of albums that would be otherwise unobtainable for me.
Ha, thats awesome. Love hearing about the collecting quirks of others.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:07 PM 03-26-2021
Ha, thats awesome. Love hearing about the collecting quirks of others.
A catalog is not complete if it's not actually COMPLETE. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:06 PM 03-26-2021
Can't have proper music OCD conversation without mentioning speaker wire

*triggers hole saw with the beat
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:07 PM 03-26-2021
Can't have proper music OCD conversation without mentioning speaker wire

*triggers hole saw with the beat
😂
[Reply]
lewdog 06:14 PM 03-27-2021

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:46 AM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
MOTHERFUCK Blippi. Holy hell I’ve had enough of that noise.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:11 PM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
MOTHERFUCK Blippi. Holy hell I’ve had enough of that noise.
He is absolutely THE WORST of the kid's programs out there.

I can't take much more!!!
[Reply]
Pablo 07:07 PM 04-03-2021
Little jam while I watch the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
eDave 07:22 PM 04-03-2021
Rolled back through this the other night and it was as enjoyable and surprising as the first time. Good stuff.

https://www.threesongsandout.com/sin...album-review-1
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:25 PM 04-07-2021
Brand new blast worship from Socioclast

[Reply]
eDave 07:29 PM 04-09-2021
I had thought Big Sonic Heaven died a long time ago but just found it. My favorite. Cool tunes, cool vibe. Nonstop sonic stream. Playlist changes weekly. Give it a few songs to grab the vibe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Sonic_Heaven

Player
https://www.bigsonicheaven.com/big-sonic-heaven-player/

Main page
Www.Bigsonicheaven.com
[Reply]
Pablo 08:52 PM 04-09-2021
Wife is out with friends. Kid is asleep. Dogs have abandoned me for the bed. No better time that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 35 of 71
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up