ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 171
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:21 PM 09-20-2017
Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:04 AM 09-26-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina:
Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.
Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:45 PM 09-27-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
South Park is still going strong (on their 21st season this year). thought the season premiere was great.

also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.
:-)
Attached: South Park - Randy Columbus.jpg (69.9 KB) 
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:19 AM 10-08-2017
Got sucked into the Suburra: Blood on Rome Netflix series yesterday. It's subtitled, but the story is well done, it's well acted and the shots of Rome are really cool.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:57 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:

I have the new season of Bojack Horseman to watch.

NSFW

Skip it.

Watch BIG MOUTH instead...
[Reply]
olout 10-17-2017, 02:54 AM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Sandy Vagina 09:13 PM 10-26-2017
Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Can not wait for S3.. if you like that genre and have not seen... SEE.

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:33 PM 10-26-2017
Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Yeah. I watched it and posted that I enjoyed it. The beginning monologue annoys me abnormally.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:30 AM 10-27-2017

This.

Great effing show, very well done.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:28 PM 11-01-2017
Happy happy happy HAPPY!!!!!!!!

[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 05:46 PM 11-02-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.
Never even heard of it. Will remember this, and check into.. at some point. :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:52 PM 11-17-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.
Holy pancake titties, Maggie Gyllenhaal ruined this for me. It's like she's intentionally getting naked in every scene. Plus, it's a lot of Franco, which isn't surprising since their both producers and actors in it. Had potential, but they couldn't get out of each other's way.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:25 PM 12-27-2017
I watched River on Netflix. It’s like a miniseries type thing. I thought it was really a good watch. Not necessarily a happy watch, but a good one.

In the age of sensitivity, I don’t know where this falls on the spectrum of “sensitive enough” regarding mental illness. I have virtually no experience with mental illness so I’m not one to discuss it. What I will say is the notes they were trying to hit resonated. With me anyway. It was very well acted - and on some very complex and difficult to grasp emotions/situations. It also tackled some racism and predjudice ideas that are often dicey and poorly executed that I thought were handled well.

Well worth the watch in my opinion. And the time commitment isn’t all that big.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:29 PM 12-27-2017
I'm fucking loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:21 AM 01-01-2018
The 2 Dave Chappelle stand up's are fucking awesome! dude went in on everyone. haha
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 07:21 PM 01-01-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm ****ing loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.
This.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 171
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up