ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Christopher Nolan's next film
sully1983 04:00 PM 09-10-2021
Christopher Nolan is readying his next film, and Deadline hears that like Dunkirk it will focus on a seminal moment in World War II. This one is J. Robert Oppenheimer’s role in the development of the atom bomb during WWII. Here is a bombshell development: While none of Nolan’s recent movies had gone outside Warner Bros, I’m hearing that several of the major studios across town are reading the screenplay and speaking with Nolan and his reps.

This might be residue from the umbrage Nolan took when WarnerMedia declared its intention to go day-and-date with its entire 2021 movie slate, without forewarning talent, their reps or even the studio’s financing partners in the films. Nolan, among the superstar directors who are the most vociferous supporters of a good old fashioned theatrical release, was outspoken in his ire on WarnerMedia’s move. It wasn’t immediately clear whether Warner Bros is among the studios in the mix on this, but clearly it has lost pole position.


https://deadline.com/2021/09/christo...ii-1234829960/

I honestly wanted Nolan to go back to making smaller more intimate films (like Memento or the very underrated Insomnia for example) but holy crap this sounds fucking incredible! :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:05 PM 09-10-2021
After his last 2 outputs, I really hope he can regain his footing. I thought Dunkirk was a sterile and loud borefest, while I just hated Tenet.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:20 PM 09-10-2021
The Oppenheimer story is a good one. Several history podcasts have addressed it and I listened to the General and the Genius which was a damn good book.
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:45 PM 09-10-2021
Donger is weeping tears of joy.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:49 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Christopher Nolan is readying his next film, and Deadline hears that like Dunkirk it will focus on a seminal moment in World War II. This one is J. Robert Oppenheimer’s role in the development of the atom bomb during WWII. Here is a bombshell development: While none of Nolan’s recent movies had gone outside Warner Bros, I’m hearing that several of the major studios across town are reading the screenplay and speaking with Nolan and his reps.

This might be residue from the umbrage Nolan took when WarnerMedia declared its intention to go day-and-date with its entire 2021 movie slate, without forewarning talent, their reps or even the studio’s financing partners in the films. Nolan, among the superstar directors who are the most vociferous supporters of a good old fashioned theatrical release, was outspoken in his ire on WarnerMedia’s move. It wasn’t immediately clear whether Warner Bros is among the studios in the mix on this, but clearly it has lost pole position.


https://deadline.com/2021/09/christo...ii-1234829960/

I honestly wanted Nolan to go back to making smaller more intimate films (like Memento or the very underrated Insomnia for example) but holy crap this sounds ****ing incredible! :-)
Blah. I want more Nolan sci fi
[Reply]
Frazod 10:22 AM 09-12-2021
Let me guess:

Part 1: Oppenheimer and his team are nearing completion of the bomb.

Part 2: Oppenheimer reflects on the bomb after it is dropped.

Part 3: The bomb is dropped.

Part 4: Oppenheimer assembles his team to build the bomb.

Yeah, that sounds like a Nolan movie.

:-)
[Reply]
Miles 01:04 PM 09-13-2021
Hopefully this one one need the subtitles turned on due to the muddled sound on the dialog.
[Reply]
sully1983 02:12 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Hopefully this one one need the subtitles turned on due to the muddled sound on the dialog.
Ha there is some truth to that. Tenet was hands down the loudest film I've ever seen in theaters.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 05:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
After his last 2 outputs, I really hope he can regain his footing. I thought Dunkirk was a sterile and loud borefest, while I just hated Tenet.
I really liked tenet but I agree with you about Dunkirk being sterile. I mean it was like a 7 from Hollywood but I expect 9 & 10s from Nolan
[Reply]
Up