ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 40
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:51 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Their DH slot was also pretty blocked by a pitcher.
If he's smart he will come home. Puljos could fill in for Goldy when he needs a day off just as well as Carp.

Take Carpenters AB's off the bench. I'm sure Pujols could give us more production off the bench than Carp. Thats a pretty low bar to clear. Seems like every time I catch one of Carp's AB's he's meekly swinging at something in a strikeout or meekly grounding out to the 2B/1B and leaving men on base in scoring position.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:53 AM 05-07-2021
If I am the Cards front office I'm torn between telling him to **** off for accusing them of insulting him with a $225MM offer and being thankful he kept them from making a massive mistake and go ahead and bring him in for his last season.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:51 AM 05-07-2021
Why would anyone want Pujols with his .198 batting average? The guy is at least 41 years old. Likely 3 or 4 years older than that.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:04 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Why would anyone want Pujols with his .198 batting average? The guy is at least 41 years old. Likely 3 or 4 years older than that.
Outside of a fan draw for an organization that has attendance issues and a really shitty first baseman, I can't really think of a good reason.

I think it would be nice for St. Louis to sign him to a ceremonial contract so he could retire a Cardinal. Other than that, he's done and has been done for a long time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05-07-2021, 09:10 AM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: dupe
BigRedChief 09:11 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Outside of a fan draw for an organization that has attendance issues and a really shitty first baseman, I can't really think of a good reason.

I think it would be nice for St. Louis to sign him to a ceremonial contract so he could retire a Cardinal. Other than that, he's done and has been done for a long time.
For us, this year, he cant be worse than Carpenter and his 0.113 BA. Who just keeps getting crucial AB's with men on base and epic failing. He's the worst in all of baseball with 35+ AB's.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:16 AM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
For us, this year, he cant be worse than Carpenter and his 0.113 BA. Who just keeps getting crucial AB's with men on base and epic failing. He's the worst in all of baseball with 35+ AB's.
The best part is last week he started 2 games and he batted 4th (:-)) and 2nd (:-)) in the line up.

What. The. Fuck.

I wonder if Schildt is trying to make a point to Mo or something.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:52 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The best part is last week he started 2 games and he batted 4th (:-)) and 2nd (:-)) in the line up.

What. The. ****.

OMG I tuned in and saw that lineup and wanted to throw something. Carp is not going to get it going. This isn’t a slump. It’s been going on for 2 years for crissakes.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:17 AM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

What. The. Fuck.

Marp has got to have pictures of Mo fucking a goat or something. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05-07-2021, 09:09 AM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief.
ChiefsCountry 05:46 PM 05-07-2021
Heard this idea tonight on sports radio - Cardinals offer up Carpenter and prospect or two for Pujols to the Angels. Reason if you are going to have a shitty backup 1b at least bring someone who will bring in some money. Thoughts?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:58 PM 05-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Heard this idea tonight on sports radio - Cardinals offer up Carpenter and prospect or two for Pujols to the Angels. Reason if you are going to have a shitty backup 1b at least bring someone who will bring in some money. Thoughts?
I wish we would just "dump" or shit without bring in some other shit. I do support bringing Pujols in for a one-day contract so he can retire a Cardinal though. Anything beyond that, Nah.

On the mention of making some money. Of course, that is all good and well, except they will not reinvest that money in the roster. So, fuck that, the only thing it could do is keep Mo here longer.
[Reply]
bdj23 08:14 AM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
DeWitt prints money at Busch stadium. Been to a game lately (pre rona)? It's like going to an amusement park.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:28 PM 05-08-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
DeWitt prints money at Busch stadium. Been to a game lately (pre rona)? It's like going to an amusement park.
I’ve not been to a game at Bush since 2010 when I moved. Going back to visit family it’s usually at Christmas time.

I did make it to Arrowhesd and see Mahomes get the 50 TD’s/5000 yards record and clinch HFA sitting in Gblowfish’s seats. That was a very very cool experience.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:01 AM 05-11-2021
Bump for all you fogeys who can't use a message board :-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 40
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up