ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 361
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:08 PM 04-03-2016
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
My dad came over to help me on a couple of projects today. One of them being to get started on the 66 to see what needs done to get it going...a new battery and it spun over, but the fire was weak. I'll get a lesson in changing points soon.

I wish I was a better mechanic. I could fix more things at 22 than I can now just because it's been a long time since I did much wrenching...career change, electronic everything so I backed way off....now I'm back to trying to learn how to fix more of my old stuff. It'll be fu. To make this one go with the old man.
I know this is the wrong thread buy I saw a couple buddy l metal old international trucks yesterday and thought of you. Lol
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:12 PM 04-03-2016
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
My dad came over to help me on a couple of projects today. One of them being to get started on the 66 to see what needs done to get it going...a new battery and it spun over, but the fire was weak. I'll get a lesson in changing points soon.

I wish I was a better mechanic. I could fix more things at 22 than I can now just because it's been a long time since I did much wrenching...career change, electronic everything so I backed way off....now I'm back to trying to learn how to fix more of my old stuff. It'll be fu. To make this one go with the old man.
Points are easy. I can change them on our irrigation motors in about 6 minutes.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:51 AM 04-13-2016
Had CQuartz applied to the paint. I wasn't sure if the cost was going to be justified, but when I picked the car up I was blown away. Even on a brand new car the difference was amazing. The color pops so much now.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:37 PM 04-13-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Had CQuartz applied to the paint. I wasn't sure if the cost was going to be justified, but when I picked the car up I was blown away. Even on a brand new car the difference was amazing. The color pops so much now.

Love that B5 color.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:51 PM 04-13-2016
Looks good IC
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:04 PM 04-19-2016
Fuel Injection install is complete and it fired right up and needed just a minor distributor adjustment to account for phasing the rotor since the Injection is now controlling timing.

Not sure I have ever done a complete fuel system install with no leaks out the gate. Those Russel push-lok AN fittings are the real deal.

Throttle response is crazy improved but I haven't been able to drive it as its pouring rain here. :-) Should be clear tomorrow.

[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:15 PM 04-19-2016
That is unreal man. She's beautiful.
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:16 PM 04-19-2016
That a bad ass fucking car
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:28 PM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
That is unreal man. She's beautiful.
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
That a bad ass ****ing car
Thanks guys. Its been 10 years in the making at this point and getting real close to being "done".

Stereo in the next few weeks then round 1 of interior make over. I'm still on the fence on wheels so I am going to roll with the black rallys for a while. I like them so no need to change right now as I don't need bigger wheels until I move to the bigger brake package.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:09 PM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Fuel Injection install is complete and it fired right up and needed just a minor distributor adjustment to account for phasing the rotor since the Injection is now controlling timing.

Not sure I have ever done a complete fuel system install with no leaks out the gate. Those Russel push-lok AN fittings are the real deal.

Throttle response is crazy improved but I haven't been able to drive it as its pouring rain here. :-) Should be clear tomorrow.

That is bad ass. :-)
[Reply]
Squalor2 12:31 AM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Definitely could be better. I know those cams are pretty mild but they're good enough for me and I'm sure as shit not putting more money into this car. Is that long lope sound on some cars caused by decreasing the RPMs on idle or just bigger cams? This car idles right at 500 RPMs.

Also, this was a fairly cold run when I just started it. It gets a bit longer idle when she's been running a bit.

no shit.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:20 PM 04-23-2016
sooooooooooooo I got my ass whipped by a camaro making about 80 less horsepower than me last night. TO be fair, he has no interior, and was on full on slicks, I had a baby seat and a full weight car.

Drag radials on order monday, new torque arm in a few weeks.

Spinnin aint winnin boys
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:24 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
sooooooooooooo I got my ass whipped by a camaro making about 80 less horsepower than me last night. TO be fair, he has no interior, and was on full on slicks, I had a baby seat and a full weight car.

Drag radials on order monday, new torque arm in a few weeks.

Spinnin aint winnin boys
I'm having the same issues
[Reply]
hometeam 04:40 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I'm having the same issues
Im also thinking about switching to a 4l80e as well. Big stall + auto = gofast. Manual = spinslow
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:54 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Im also thinking about switching to a 4l80e as well. Big stall + auto = gofast. Manual = spinslow
Lol I've got one being built as we speak. But this thing breaks them loose almost at will at any speed. It kicks down at any speed and if it's floored its sideways.
[Reply]
Page 153 of 361
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up