ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Best Chiefs roster in franchise history
RunKC 08:20 PM 04-27-2024
Which roster do you think was/is the best in franchise history? And honestly why is it not this years roster?

-Chiefs have the best HC
-Arguably (we certainly think he is) the best DC in the league
-top 3 defense that only lost Sneed and should still be top 10
-an offense with 2 elite speed WR’s (Hollywood/Worthy), Rice and Wiley as a complimentary player to go with Mahomes/Kelce/Pacheco
-top 3 kicker in the league

Unless injuries occur (knock on wood) I think this team is KO’ing a lot of teams in the regular season like they did in 2020. Raiders are getting curb stomped. Broncos are getting beaten by double digits easy.

This team is so loaded man. Can 2020 or any other Chiefs team compare?
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:04 PM 04-29-2024
I suppose they could start Jawaan Taylor at left tackle, like we once thought they would
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:14 PM 04-29-2024
For most of my life, any discussion along these lines started and stopped with "look at how many hall of famers were on the 1969 team". They fielded eight hall of famers plus Jim Tyrer and Otis Taylor. Discussion closed.

But now? Now we're looking at that's won three of the last five Super Bowls and easily could have won the last six in a row. The discussion of whether this is the best roster in the team's history is really merely a question of whether it's better than last year's roster.

I'll give it a thumbs up. This is the best roster in team history.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They’d have no answer for guys like Chris Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek Hill. The league hasn’t seen guys like that yet.
The OL and DL I'd agree.

I do wonder if today's skill position players would be as effective against the old school, when you could just murder guys all over the field.

Bob Hayes was faster than Deion Sanders and Darrell Green and didn't destroy everyone.

If we're playing by the old rules? It might be different.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:24 PM 04-29-2024
Man it's crazy to look back at some old box scores.

Bob Hayes was basically Tyreek and had 1 catch for 1 yard in the 1966 championship game. :-)
[Reply]
soonersfreak 03:24 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You can’t. The 60s is going too far back.

It’s been said already but the 69 Chiefs’ center was 6’4” 236. That’s basically Mahomes. Imagine Mahomes at center going up against Chris Jones for 60 snaps lol it would be a merciless slaughter.

They’d have no answer for guys like Chris Jones, Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek Hill. The league hasn’t seen guys like that yet.
Context needs to be clarified in this discussion. The current generation of players would kill players from the 60's, 70s, and probably 80s. Most, if not all of this year's playoff teams would beat the '69 Chiefs - handily. What context are we discussing? The most talented roster ever or the most talented roster compared to the rest of the league?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:32 PM 04-29-2024
I can't believe the 1998 Chiefs aren't getting more love here.
[Reply]
crispystl 03:37 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I

Teddy Bruschi got a STROKE.
You mean like Kraft with a happy ending?
[Reply]
crispystl 03:43 PM 04-29-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Yeah we’ve discussed that some. Great teams. But if you’re telling me to pick the all time (from an individual year basis) roster, there is no way that roster can be without Patrick Mahomes. No way.
Yeah give me any Chiefs team from 2018 on against any Chiefs team from any years prior to that. Mahomes is so good he just tips the scale WAY too much for me to choose any team without him.
[Reply]
Basileus777 05-03-2024, 05:56 PM
This message has been deleted by Basileus777. Reason: didn;'t realize this was old
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up