ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 185
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:56 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Karlaftis liked the dark chocolate
Kelce better watch his girl
[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Think they broke up again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:58 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ain't nobody stealing Kelce's girl.

Dude makes me question my own sexuality at times...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ain't nobody stealing Kelce's girl.

Dude makes me question my own sexuality at times...
I ain't gay.....but Kelce would make me think for a couple of seconds.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:00 AM 04-29-2022
Power rusher with an elite first step. I'm not as excited about him as McDuffie, but he should be a solid player for us. The kind of guy you team with a speed rusher on the other side.

The nice thing about his power rush is that he should pair well with Chris Jones. He's more apt to push a RT into the QB's lap rather than go around, which means they'll more naturally maintain their pass rush lanes while collapsing the pocket. Theoretically.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:01 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So I typically try REALLY hard to find guys who are a bit under the radar when making comps, especially as the rounds progress.

Comparing someone like Karlaftis to Allen or JJ Watt is nuts. Karlaftis isn't going to be DPOY or go to the HoF, fellas. I'd put just about any amount of money on that. So let's try to find something reasonable here.

I think I've come up with a couple I really like.

Reasonable 75th percentile projection: Jabaal Sheard. Sheard played for a decade and was a capable 6-8 sack sort of guy most years. A little shorter armed, won mostly with power (especially as he aged) and wasn't the most bendy dude you'd see out there. He was never a superstar but he was always a pretty damn good player and someone you were happy to have on your roster.

Bottom 25% projection: Chauncey Davis. Same kind of player, just wasn't as good at it. Played 100 NFL games, started a couple dozen of them. Obviously this would be a disappointing outcome and I think Sheard is the far more likely scenario, but it's not as though a 100 games played floor is a disaster of a pick. When that's something of a worst case scenario for a guy, that's pretty solid.
Since we hired Spags, our best DEs opposite Clark have been two old ****s in Melvin Ingram and Terrell Suggs. Chris Jones at end didn't work. We tried to be "just good enough" with Okafor, but he kept getting hurt, and he was washed up when he came back this season from New Orleans. Kpassagnon wasn't good at all. We remember him as nothing special, but he was actually kind of bad, just not as bad as he was in Sutton's 3-4. And then Danna has been an okay bench guy in the rotation, but should obviously not be starting.

Karlaftis in his rookie year will already be a breath of fresh air on the strong side. It's going to make a difference, even if his stats are a little slow to come by at first.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:03 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Power rusher with an elite first step. I'm not as excited about him as McDuffie, but he should be a solid player for us. The kind of guy you team with a speed rusher on the other side.

The nice thing about his power rush is that he should pair well with Chris Jones. He's more apt to push a RT into the QB's lap rather than go around, which means they'll more naturally maintain their pass rush lanes while collapsing the pocket. Theoretically.
Right.

So you think he lines up outside of Jones?
[Reply]
notorious 10:03 AM 04-29-2022
I ain't gay.....but Kelce would make me think for a couple of seconds.
No thinking needed.

Easiest yes ever.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:03 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Bro loves TJ Maxx apparently.

MFer probably banned for buying up shit at the Maxx then selling it on Amazon for a markup
[Reply]
Fish 10:08 AM 04-29-2022
What's with the Chiefs' draft hats? They look straight from Walmart with those ridiculous graphics..
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
What's with the Chiefs' draft hats? They look straight from Walmart with those ridiculous graphics..
All the draft hats look like that. They've been trash for years.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 10:09 AM 04-29-2022
Just wanted to say hello to all the people from 2025 and beyond who revisit this thread to laugh at the fools who criticized this pick.

Most of us were smart enough to realize what a great pick Karlaftis is, but I went as far as to say that he's going to be one of the best defensive players to ever wear a Chiefs uniform. His potential was apparent right from the beginning to anyone who was really paying attention. And I'll take it a step further and say that his incredible attitude and work ethic will have rubbed off on the entire defense within a year or two and that we'll turn into one of the best defenses in the league because of it.

:-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:11 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It looked like Karlaftis had him a sista too :-)
My wife just told me that it's a a high school friend of her's daughter from high school and they've been dating for 5 years and plan to get married.

So he should be more drama free perhaps than Frank 'Uzi' Clark.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:11 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
All the draft hats were dumb. It looked like they were going with an early 90s retro look.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:14 AM 04-29-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
My wife just told me that it's a a high school friend of her's daughter from high school and they've been dating for 5 years and plan to get married.

So he should be more drama free perhaps than Frank 'Uzi' Clark.
That’s great. He seems like a very old school type of dude.

And she was sexy as fuck, but looked classy. Definitely looks like wifey material.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 185
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up