ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 270
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 PM 03-06-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Outside of Mahomes is there anyone you won’t trade or trade for? You can protect Mahomes while keeping Jones. They are not mutually exclusive options.
I mean, if we’re gonna go by the way the patriots did, no.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:08 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I mean, if we’re gonna go by the way the patriots did, no.
Huge difference between us and NE in that regard. They could do what they did on defense because they have one of the greatest defensive minds of all time coaching them. He could get more out of players on defense than just about anyone. We do not have that which is why we can't go bare bones on defense.

We do have one of the greatest offensive minds of all time here which means that if we were to cut corners some, it has to be there as Andy can get more out of offensive players than just about anyone.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:14 AM 03-07-2023
Yes. KC proved that they can win without elite WRs. It’s because Mahomes has grown more. I hate using Brady as an example, but for a large part of his career he won without elite pass catchers. He had Moss and Welker for a short time and Gronk. Can’t think of any others outside of when he was in TB. This is the Mahomes path. He will have to do more with less which I think this year he showed.
Randy Moss
Brandon Cooks
Wes Welker
Julian Edleman
Arron Hernadez
Gronk
Ben Watson
Deion Branch
Martellus Bennett
[Reply]
tredadda 09:18 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Randy Moss
Brandon Cooks
Wes Welker
Julian Edleman
Arron Hernadez
Gronk
Ben Watson
Deion Branch
Martellus Bennett
Moss, Welker, Gronk. Those are the only three elite receivers he had in his time. The others were a lot better because of Brady. None of those others were elite. Good? Yes. Elite? Nope.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:15 AM 03-07-2023
Moss, Welker, Gronk. Those are the only three elite receivers he had in his time. The others were a lot better because of Brady. None of those others were elite. Good? Yes. Elite? Nope.
fair

Mahomes has had two elite players on offense only. Reek/Kelce.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:23 AM 03-07-2023
Aaron Hernandez was a beast. Maybe the 2nd-best TE at the time.
[Reply]
Balto 10:39 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Aaron Hernandez was a beast. Maybe the 2nd-best TE at the time.
Was very good at Shooting the mid level gaps to get open.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:39 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Guy was a killer in the redzone
[Reply]
tredadda 10:44 AM 03-07-2023
fair

Mahomes has had two elite players on offense only. Reek/Kelce.
Exactly my point. Mahomes will have to do more without elite options most years. This team just will not have the ability to sign elite receivers often, especially with how overpriced that market is right now. They will have to focus resources elsewhere. I would rather them pouring resources to keep a great OL vs using them on elite WRs. Given enough protection and almost any QB will find open targets.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:54 AM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Guy was a killer in the redzone
:-):-)
[Reply]
Dante84 01:16 PM 03-08-2023

#AZCardinals WR DeAndre Hopkins admitted on @PatMcAfeeShow that he’s “been hearing a lot of trade talks.” On that subject, my understanding is if a trade did happen, he’d be flexible on the last two years of his contract – rather than shoot for a top-of-the-market deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 8, 2023

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:19 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
aka....which team are you trading me to?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:31 PM 03-08-2023
He also said he hired an agent so he would take the short end of the stick.

Jerry Jones step right up! It's your time at the podium!
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:32 PM 03-08-2023
Do it
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:33 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Trade for Tunsil. Trade for Hopkins. Lets roll, baby.

(:-))
[Reply]
Page 52 of 270
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102152 > Last »
Up