ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 102 of 270
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:14 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Mahomes lead the league in passing last year with the same guys, minus Juju.

And let's be honest, there were a lot of times we didn't even know Juju was on the field. Dude had his moments though.
Just because that worked out last year....doesn't mean you should keep assuming that it will every year.

MVS is inconsistent.
Toney is a question mark for staying on the field.
Moore is a complete unknown.
Kelce is another year older.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:15 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just because that worked out last year....doesn't mean you should keep assuming that it will every year.

MVS is inconsistent.
Toney is a question mark for staying on the field.
Moore is a complete unknown.
Kelce is another year older.
We don't even need other players. Mahomes can win games all by himself.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:15 PM 03-21-2023
Lamar reportedly "wants to move on" from the Ravens. I just don't see any way they're trading for Hopkins.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 03-21-2023
Mahomes lead the league in passing last year with the same guys, minus Juju.

And let's be honest, there were a lot of times we didn't even know Juju was on the field. Dude had his moments though.
Lets not mention that Kelce is getting old...

If you think not adding a vet WR that can be a 1 is the option then you are telling me this team has to go get Jordan Addison, Jalin Hyatt, Quentin Johnston or Zay Flowers and that's that.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:16 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Such a seasoned wizard that our 2nd round pick WR had 33 whole targets.

The way you are looking at this isn't realistic at all.
No worries, he'll have more than that next year. He just scored his first TD a month ago. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:16 PM 03-21-2023
Yeah, let's put it all on Mahomes. Then when retires due to injury at 32, we can all cry in hindsight about them not surrounding him with more weapons.
It's weird as fuck to me that people are advocating doing to Mahomes what Green Bay did to Rodgers, eh fuck it he's so good he doesn't need weapons.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:17 PM 03-21-2023
We don't even need other players. Mahomes can win games all by himself.
Except tackles apparently.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Except tackles apparently.
Marty and Vermeil ruined this fan base, it's a constant barrage of defense and OL homers.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:19 PM 03-21-2023
"WE HAVE TO GET HOPKINS BECAUSE WE LOST JUJU!!!"-CP

You guys really are undefeated. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:19 PM 03-21-2023
No worries, he'll have more than that next year. He just scored his first TD a month ago. :-)
Here's the thing - when you listed our WR corps, you said "minus Juju".

Where are you getting almost 80 receptions and 900 yards to replace him?

Just lay it out for us.

What's your "ideal" plan for the WR group?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:19 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's weird as fuck to me that people are advocating doing to Mahomes what Green Bay did to Rodgers, eh fuck it he's so good he doesn't need weapons.
I don't think that's entirely fair.

Much of that confidence comes from a belief that Toney and Moore can/will be more than JAGs.

Misplaced confidence? Perhaps. But I think those that are more passive w/r/t our WR needs are simply very confident in further development from those guys.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:19 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's weird as **** to me that people are advocating doing to Mahomes what Green Bay did to Rodgers, eh **** it he's so good he doesn't need weapons.
JUSTYN ROSS!! I keep seeing this, but I swear I will be totally shocked if that kid sees even 1 game on the active roster in 2023.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:20 PM 03-21-2023

Nobody said we HAVE to get Hopkins. You're being disingenuous. Instead of being a dick, tell us what your plan is for the WR group.

You want to make your case, make it.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:20 PM 03-21-2023

Almost as funny as thinking the WR room as it stands today is perfectly ok.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:21 PM 03-21-2023
Nobody said we HAVE to get Hopkins. You're being disingenuous. Instead of being a dick, tell us what your plan is for the WR group.

You want to make your case, make it.
Who needs a plan? We have Mahomes!
[Reply]
Page 102 of 270
« First < 252929899100101102 103104105106112152202 > Last »
Up