View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 169 of 343
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:55 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
terrible ideas, eh?

You want to pay OBJ record breaking money?

I call that a terrible idea.

You watch Nijman play against Quinn? Looks pretty good. He'll be expendable, and a lot cheaper than Brown-and the same age.

I don't think that's a terrible idea.
Not record breaking, no. But fair price, sure.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:01 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Not record breaking, no. But fair price, sure.
We offered him fair price, he turned it down.

We can tag him one more time, and get one more year-and then we'll have to replace him. Assuming he comes to camp again. He might not a second time. He might be pissed off.

Or we can tag and trade him.

People kept asking- "Well, who are you going to replace him with?" And I point out a young LT with experience in a similar offense and playing a pretty high level, that will likely be available for trade, but that's a terrible idea.

And you've got nothing to offer.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:04 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
terrible ideas, eh?

You want to pay OBJ record breaking money?

I call that a terrible idea.

You watch Nijman play against Quinn? Looks pretty good. He'll be expendable, and a lot cheaper than Brown-and the same age.

I don't think that's a terrible idea.
Unless he sucks ass I bet he gets the money unfortunately
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:07 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Unless he sucks ass I bet he gets the money unfortunately
We wouldn't do it for Tyreek, but you think we'll do it for OBJ?

I don't think so.

I think it's most likely we tag him again and play him.

But I think that's 60/40.

I think it's possible we tag and trade to a team he's a better fit for. Might be back to Baltimore, honestly. Maybe Tennessee.

And someone like Nijman would be a good, less expensive option to replace him.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 09:41 PM 09-18-2022
Be on the lookout.
We will be trying to draft a big time Offensive tackle next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:32 PM 09-18-2022
I haven't been a big OBJ fan but was hopeful that he could improve over last season. Apparently, he has:

For that matter, apparently Wylie has turned himself into a decent RT.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:23 PM 09-18-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I haven't been a big OBJ fan but was hopeful that he could improve over last season. Apparently, he has:

For that matter, apparently Wylie has turned himself into a decent RT.
Chief Fans should absolutely watch this video. Great breakdowns from throughout the game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:01 AM 09-19-2022
Wylie has always been a decent RT.
[Reply]
O.city 06:55 AM 09-19-2022
Yeah, if it's not 2003 Chiefs OL play, here on CP, it's a failure.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:19 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by TimeForWasp:
Be on the lookout.
We will be trying to draft a big time Offensive tackle next year.
Not doing that next year. Even if you're picking number 1, there may not even be a "big time Offensive tackle" in the draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:55 AM 09-19-2022
If the Chiefs were willing to meet his demands, he would have signed already. The Chiefs aren’t going to reset the market for OBJ.

If I had to guess, he will be back but the numbers will be closer to what the team wanted than what he wants.

For me personally, it all comes down to the numbers. There absolutely is a price that’s too high. If it comes to that, trade him but we should all be prepared to get an unimpressive compensation for him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:02 AM 09-19-2022
Let’s say he has improved. It’s a contract year for him. If he gets $25 million a year from KC, how confident are we that he is still as motivated to stay in shape and at the top of his game? That’s certainly a risk with any player, however with a player like OBJ with limited athleticism to begin with I think it’s an even bigger risk.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:16 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If the Chiefs were willing to meet his demands, he would have signed already. The Chiefs aren’t going to reset the market for OBJ.

If I had to guess, he will be back but the numbers will be closer to what the team wanted than what he wants.

For me personally, it all comes down to the numbers. There absolutely is a price that’s too high. If it comes to that, trade him but we should all be prepared to get an unimpressive compensation for him.
this is all I'm saying.
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 09-19-2022
They won't tag and trade him. Tagging ties up too much money and I doubt anyone wants to trade and pay for him what it would cost.

They'll let him walk.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:20 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They won't tag and trade him. Tagging ties up too much money and I doubt anyone wants to trade and pay for him what it would cost.

They'll let him walk.
They’ll take a couple of thirds before they just let him walk. They will get something for him but it won’t be a big haul
[Reply]
Page 169 of 343
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Up