View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 162 of 343
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:07 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Who cares about any of that? We're strictly talking about his performance last night. None of the contract-related stuff has any bearing on that.

I feel like Duncan is about as level-headed and objective as it gets. And I think his opnion after watching the tape isn't remotely something to be dismissed unless you or scrvy have done the same legwork.

He was average, not good or great. Some want to see something that isn't there and others have a delusion thinking he's the LT of the future no questions asked.

We all saw it, Patrick running and not attempting to take a loss because he was getting heat on both sides. Wylie is OG playing RT

It's not difficult, OBJ was average, if any other QB was playing behind that he'd shit himself.

Patrick is a stud covering up OBJ's deficiencies.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:00 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He was average, not good or great. Some want to see something that isn't there and others have a delusion thinking he's the LT of the future no questions asked.

We all saw it, Patrick running and not attempting to take a loss because he was getting heat on both sides. Wylie is OG playing RT

It's not difficult, OBJ was average, if any other QB was playing behind that he'd shit himself.

I'm not trying to defend OBJ, but you've had it out for this guy since he fucking got to town.

I don't know how to tell you this, but Willie Roaf isn't walking out of that tunnel any time soon. Get used to it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:11 PM 09-16-2022

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:23 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm not trying to defend OBJ, but you've had it out for this guy since he fucking got to town.

I don't know how to tell you this, but Willie Roaf isn't walking out of that tunnel any time soon. Get used to it.

He wants to be paid like a HOFer, then that's the standard
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 09:24 PM 09-16-2022
I'm good and damn tired of hearing people using Mahomes' sack stats as a justification for his OL's performance.

In case anybody needs reminded, Mahomes has elite-level short-range agility (tackle him inside a phone booth) and elite-level field awareness. I suspect that his pedestrian 40-time makes people forget that.

Any other top-tier QB now (especially Tom Brady) would wither and die with the OL that Mahomes has and has had his whole career.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:34 PM 09-16-2022
I'm not trying to defend OBJ, but you've had it out for this guy since he ****ing got to town.

I didn't initially have it out for OBJ. But I wasn't impressed with his waiting to hire an agent and his contract demands versus his play.

And I have a, perhaps irrational, fear that he is going to turn into an overweight pumpkin if we guarantee him a long term contract.

My wild guess is that KC does not offer him a contract he finds acceptable.
[Reply]
KCJake 09:41 PM 09-16-2022

Lots of people on here blaming Orlando Brown’s short comings on Mahomes dropping back too far in the pocket. Can we all please just come together and agree that Brown is average as *uck and just end the discussion?????
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:54 PM 09-16-2022
He wants to be paid like a HOFer, then that's the standard
You've been questioning his effort, integrity, AND his weight since his first year in KC. Ever since the extension conversation was being had, you were there going, "He's gonna get paid and then get fat and then suck."

The homer side (which I don't really see anybody doing) is defending OBJ and saying he played great against the Chargers. The other side is you and your hatred for the dude. And given you're just as biased as the homer side, any valid criticisms you have for his play on the field tend to go out the window.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:59 PM 09-16-2022
You've been questioning his effort, integrity, AND his weight since his first year in KC. Ever since the extension conversation was being had, you were there going, "He's gonna get paid and then get fat and then suck."
Frank Clark fucking sucks, amirite?

You have no room to say that considering you made a thread about your disdain.

I'm saying he's average, not a complete scrub. The guy is an elite runblocker
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:02 PM 09-16-2022
Brown played pretty damned good.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 10:08 PM 09-16-2022
Cool video.

You see Mahomes spin away from the first wave of defenders a lot to buy more time and it almost always invariably results in a play for positive yardage. Makes me wonder why they don’t shotgun it with the long snapper and keep Mahomes another 5 yards deeper at the snap. It’d be ludicrous with most QBs but with his arm the extra time would probably be a net win (unless NFL rules don’t allow such a thing).
[Reply]
Pablo 10:11 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Duncan has everyone in the Royals Repository convinced the whole team and front office is a Jehovah's Witness cult.
Mostly just the front office really
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:13 PM 09-16-2022
Keep making excuses for an average player who wants to be paid like an HOFer and reset the market
I’m not making excuses for him. He didn’t play poorly last night, though, and was far from the biggest issue. That would be at RT.

You just have such a vendetta against him that anyone checking your hyperbolic statements about his play seems like it.

Originally Posted by srvy:
Duncan has everyone in the Royals Repository convinced the whole team and front office is a Jehovah's Witness cult.

I seem to have struck a nerve.

It isn’t just me and I wouldn’t even say I’m a ringleader for it. Royals Twitter drives that impression much more than I do. And it’s warranted.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:20 PM 09-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’m not making excuses for him. He didn’t play poorly last night, though, and was far from the biggest issue. That would be at RT.

You just have such a vendetta against him that anyone checking your hyperbolic statements about his play seems like it.

I seem to have struck a nerve.

It isn’t just me and I wouldn’t even say I’m a ringleader for it. Royals Twitter drives that impression much more than I do. And it’s warranted.

Saying he's average passblocker and and is elite in the run game is hyperbolic.

I was more adamant about his average passblocking after he tried to leverage Veach, signing an agent at the very last moment, playing the negotiations in the media, and leaked info that Veach/Andy were disappointed and felt duped by these ploys.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 10:23 PM 09-16-2022
I measure how strong an O-line is by number of cracked ribs allowed. So, he good. Chargers, bad.
[Reply]
Page 162 of 343
« First < 62112152158159160161162 163164165166172212262 > Last »
Up