ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 131
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:45 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You guys need to remember who you are responding to...
If you'll look closely - I'm not...
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:59 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It's not just the voters, apparently. I live 4 hours from Milwaukee and can't seem to find a Bucks game on TV. TNT/TBS certainly doesn't seem to want them.
That's weird. Maybe their court is too ugly to show on TV?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:09 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
:-)

Philadelphia 76er's current record: 37-23
Denver Nuggets current record: 36-25
Most of those loses came when we had a covid outbreak. Our record when Embiid plays is brilliant actually.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:14 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Giannis can guard a lot more athletic players than Embiid.

Embiid needs to get his broke dick out of the second round before I'll talk about him being the best player in the league. He's not better than Giannis, Curry, Lebron, or Durant. He's also fat and constantly looks tired. If you're making fun of Jokic's physical condition, I'm not sure Embiid is the guy to contrast him with. I'll be shocked if Embiid can play many minutes over three or four playoff rounds. Dude always looks winded enough to be playing in Mile High Stadium.
Yes he is better than LeBron now and has a better all round game than Giannis which was evident when we beat the bucks on their floor recently..stop living in the past. Also Embiid has lost weight and is in great shape right now so that comment is an absolute fallacy.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:49 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'm pretty sure not a single sentence of this paragraph is true other than the free throw rate.

Jokic has a .299 WS/48 (league leading), 9.2 OBPM (league leading), 4.7 DBPM (league leading), 13.9 BPM (league leading), 7.3 VORP (league leading), 15.0 RAPTOR (league leading), 16.7 WAR (league leading), 11.45 RPM (league leading).

Embiid has a .267 WS/48, 7.6 OBPM, 2.3 DBPM, 9.9 BPM, 4.7 VORP, 7.5 RAPTOR, 8.5 WAR, 9.76 RPM.
This leads me to believe that the NBA version of win shares and WAR is a significantly flawed stat. Are these from the same clowns who created PFF?

I will say you can see Embiid just oozing with talent. You don't see that with Jokic, so it would be easier to become enamored with Embiid instead of Jokic. Nonetheless Jokic is not a great defender and I feel you could more exploitatively defend him or scheme against him better, if you have some elite defensive talent on your team. Embiid really is becoming more like KD everyday - although he's never truly going to get there. He's just a supremely talented guy, and really his only flaw is he needs to do better at shot selection.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:54 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Most of those loses came when we had a covid outbreak. Our record when Embiid plays is brilliant actually.
76er's are 4-8 without Embiid this year.

Nuggets are 1-5 without Jokic this year.

Next . . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:55 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This leads me to believe that the NBA version of win shares and WAR is a significantly flawed stat. Are these from the same clowns who created PFF?

I will say you can see Embiid just oozing with talent. You don't see that with Jokic, so it would be easier to become enamored with Embiid instead of Jokic. Nonetheless Jokic is not a great defender and I feel you could more exploitatively defend him or scheme against him better, if you have some elite defensive talent on your team. Embiid really is becoming more like KD everyday - although he's never truly going to get there. He's just a supremely talented guy, and really his only flaw is he needs to do better at shot selection.
What leads you to believe that?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:32 PM 03-02-2022
I will say you can see Embiid just oozing with talent. You don't see that with Jokic
What? :-)

Originally Posted by :
Nonetheless Jokic is not a great defender
You've never actually watched Jokic play the game of basketball have you?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:00 PM 03-02-2022
What leads you to believe that?
My eyes.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 04:03 PM 03-02-2022
My eyes.
Your "eyes" lead you to believe an advanced statistic is incorrect? That's seriously your claim?

You and Chieffy catching games together?
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:42 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Yes he is better than LeBron now and has a better all round game than Giannis which was evident when we beat the bucks on their floor recently..stop living in the past. Also Embiid has lost weight and is in great shape right now so that comment is an absolute fallacy.
"We" won a game recently so we're better than the defending champions. That's not how it works.

Also, Giannis won two consecutive MVPs, followed by a Finals MVP. Embiid has won nothing. Giannis is not living in the past. He's still probably the game's best player.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:36 PM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
"We" won a game recently so we're better than the defending champions. That's not how it works.

Also, Giannis won two consecutive MVPs, followed by a Finals MVP. Embiid has won nothing. Giannis is not living in the past. He's still probably the game's best player.
Embiid is a better shooter without doubt, has better handles and is a better shot creator off the dribble and in isolation. Giannis is a dawg no doubt..but on the way to the finals who did he face that could defend him? Blake and Capella? Ayton was exposed in the finals too just like Embiid has always cooked him. He's too skinny to handle it down low.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:00 AM 03-03-2022
Your "eyes" lead you to believe an advanced statistic is incorrect? That's seriously your claim?

You and Chieffy catching games together?
Yes. Look at PFF. They are advanced analytics and complete shit. Some advanced stats work, some need work.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:06 AM 03-03-2022
Lolol Knicks

A team with RJ Barrett, Quinten Grimes and Cam Reddish on it. What could go wrong?

Volume shooting extraordinaires. The funniest part is Grimes is actually the most efficient of all of them so far.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:10 PM 03-03-2022
Lakers and Lebron have quit. Nice 3rd quarter showing by them against the Clip show tonight. :-)
[Reply]
Page 30 of 131
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up