ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 335
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:30 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they introduce Septon Meribald as a character, he could cover some of Robert's Rebellion via flashback, so they could potentially stretch it out.

Just a random thought, but it would be cool.
And if the hound ISN'T dead and will show up to fight on behalf of the faith, they'll have to introduce Septon Maribald.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:31 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Next season, we'll find out that the White Walkers are just misunderstood and they are really good guys at heart.
I am almost expecting this next season. You never know.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:11 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Mother of fuck.

The ironborn again?

Dammit. Oh well, just keep Lady Stoneheart out of it A) because she sucks and B) it will piss off a fair segment of book readers that still think she's somehow worthwhile.
But, on the other hand, if you're like me and hate Catelyn Stark, it would potentially set up the awesomeness of watching her get killed again!

Ironborn CAN be cool if it's just Euron and you don't have to deal with all the other crap.
[Reply]
Hawk 02:29 PM 06-24-2015
Not having Lady Stoneheart contributes to the sense in the show that there is no justice or revenge, only more good guys dying. It was nice in the books for her to be out there murdering Freys. We get no such satisfaction in the show, in fact it's almost like the show writers forgot about the Freys and the Red Wedding as soon as it happened. They didn't include Manderly and his Frey pies either, though maybe they will at some point.

I don't mind Euron being included. He's an interesting character, and I doubt they spend a ton of time on him. Plus the ironborn have to come back into it don't they? They have the dragon horn, plus Dany needs all their ships to get to Westeros.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:20 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Not having Lady Stoneheart contributes to the sense in the show that there is no justice or revenge, only more good guys dying. It was nice in the books for her to be out there murdering Freys. We get no such satisfaction in the show, in fact it's almost like the show writers forgot about the Freys and the Red Wedding as soon as it happened. They didn't include Manderly and his Frey pies either, though maybe they will at some point.

I don't mind Euron being included. He's an interesting character, and I doubt they spend a ton of time on him. Plus the ironborn have to come back into it don't they? They have the dragon horn, plus Dany needs all their ships to get to Westeros.
I want the Frey pies to be in the show but doesn't appear to be happening. That was a great scene in the book.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 07:06 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Yeah, she was kind of an idiot. I get why he did it, I suppose. I just imagine him watching her treat Jon like shit all those years while biting his tongue.
Ned was probably right in his assumptions, though:

Let me kidnap Tyrion Lannister, without knowing the full story. My son is at war for the results of my actions previously mentioned? Let me release Jaime Lannister, one of the most prized hostages in this war, on HIS word that he will let my daughters go.

Brilliant woman; certainly not prone to acts of impulse.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:10 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:

Let me kidnap Tyrion Lannister, without knowing the full story. My son is at war for the results of my actions previously mentioned? Let me release Jaime Lannister, one of the most prized hostages in this war, on HIS word that he will let my daughters go.

LOL. When you put it that way....
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:19 PM 06-24-2015

The more I think about this shit, the more I think about how it would be cool to see Lady Stoneheart brought back just to watch her die again.

Hey, you know what the Lannisters would have NEVER dared do if Robb Stark still held Jaime hostage?

The Red Wedding
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:23 PM 06-24-2015
Throwback to the old Coors Light commercials

REAL WESTEROS HEROES (Real westeros heroes)

So, congrats Mrs. I'm going to make a bunch of rash decisions that completely fuck my family
Your actions have led to the death of your husband (he got his fucking head cut off!)
And then, your further actions weakened your son's position (and he got murdered, toooooooooooo)
And now, you are going to die, too (Frey doesn't care - that son's retaaaaaarded)
But it won't stop there - you get to be reanimated (it won't matter)
You're still an idiot and will squuuuuaaander your second life! (A total waste)

So here's to you, Mrs. I'm going to make a bunch of rash decisions that completely fuck my family. You managed in two years what all the Andals and Targaryens never could: Bringing down the Starks. And that's something!
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:34 PM 06-24-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
And last but not least... pretty much EVERYONE on this show has been naked at some point, but we get a Lena Heady body double for the walk of shame :-)

The cgi wasn't too good on it either, her head on that body looked unnatural.

Not really a big fan of this season at all.

She was said to be pregnant at the time, so a double was necessary.

LOL. All of these points were frustrating indeed. One real conversation with Tyrion should have been sufficient to make her reconsider. She did need to protect Jaime from the Karstarks' vengeance, but she should only have had Brienne stash him away until Robb returned to settle things down.

Another large problem was the selfishness of Robb to break his prior marriage vow to Frey and marry the gal he wanted instead. Selfish and tactically stupid.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:03 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
She was said to be pregnant at the time, so a double was necessary.

LOL. All of these points were frustrating indeed. One real conversation with Tyrion should have been sufficient to make her reconsider. She did need to protect Jaime from the Karstarks' vengeance, but she should only have had Brienne stash him away until Robb returned to settle things down.

Another large problem was the selfishness of Robb to break his prior marriage vow to Frey and marry the gal he wanted instead. Selfish and tactically stupid.
Selfish and stupid....yes. But that's pretty much the usual actions of a 16 year old boy. Cat on the other hand should fucking know better.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:54 AM 06-25-2015

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:18 AM 06-25-2015
This one's interesting too.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:

Allowing an addle-brained moron who's absolutely botched every single thing she's been involved in to be your dispenser of justice is just shitty storytelling.

Catelyn Stark sucks. Hard. Zombie Catelyn sucks even worse. I was happier to see her dead than I was to see Joffrey get his. Duncan has referred to Dunning-Kruger as it relates to Cersei but Catelyn Stark has it just as badly and she combines it with a sense of haughty moral indignation that is makes her completely intolerable.

Stay down, bitch. Nobody liked you anyway.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:37 AM 06-25-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The more I think about this shit, the more I think about how it would be cool to see Lady Stoneheart brought back just to watch her die again.

Hey, you know what the Lannisters would have NEVER dared do if Robb Stark still held Jaime hostage?

The Red Wedding
Y'know what....I've changed my mind.

Make Catelyn Stark !@#$ing Kenny from South Park. Every single Sunday she'll do something stupid, get killed and then carried away by rats. The next week she'll be back as though nothing ever happened...and we get to kill the vapid twat yet again.

She's worse than Sansa. You may be absolutely right. The only thing better than leaving her in the ground is going full Prometheus on her and having an eagle eat her liver every day, only to make her suffer a similarly ignominious fate the next week. Catelyn Stark as comic relief....I like it.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 335
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109159 > Last »
Up