ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Soparanos prequel movie trailer
BigRedChief 07:45 AM 06-30-2021

[Reply]
notorious 06:05 PM 07-01-2021
Christopher's dad is going to be a center character.

Nice.

I bet that quick scene of Tony banging a chick is him with Charmaine. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:23 PM 07-01-2021
I have somewhat of a "Wish List" with this film, especially considering that Alan Taylor directed this film. He directed the episode in which Janice kills Richie Aprile, so I won't be surprised when this film is bloody and shocking.

Considering the film spans the 60's and 70's, I'm hoping we see Ralph Cifaretto cross paths with Tony, just to see Tony kick the living shit out of him one more time.

Joey Pants freaking nailed that role. I think I was literally cheering when Tony killed him.

:-)

Corey Stoll should make for a great Uncle June, too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:45 PM 07-01-2021
I’ve never watched The Sopranos so I don’t have an opinion.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:51 PM 07-01-2021

Now if Gandolfini's kid can exude him like this, it'll be awesome
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:22 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The writer/producer, David Chase, had been planning to do more seasons of The Sopranos at some point but after James Gandolfini's death, that idea was over. The new seasons would have been about Tony not actually dying but turning FBI informant. The series would have been about Tony and his family dealing with the fallout from that decision.
OMG that would have been a horrible idea. Stupid TV idea. Bad guys are good or good guys are bad this season.

After he left us wondering whether Tony was alive or dead in that last shot. That was one of the worse endings on TV until GOT season 8 took the title.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:26 PM 07-01-2021
I watched Sopranos over and over. I go back and watch episodes still. I have to say that the Sopranos was only great for the first season. Once Nancy Marchand (Livia Soprano) died, the series was merely very good. So I think the prequel can reinvigorate the Sopranos franchise so long as Vera Farmiga and Gandolfini can convincingly antagonize one another.

what role is Joey Diaz playing? anybody know?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:26 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I can tell from the trailer it’s going to be high quality.

I highly doubt the expectations are a billion dollar franchise like the F&F movies.
I wasn’t saying it’s going to make a billion $. As long as these reboots or next one in franchises keep making bank, they are going to keep making or remaking the popular stuff we liked at one time.

If this movie is popular, there will be a reboot of the Sopranos except set in this new movie era. And I’m guilty too. If the movie is good, I’ll give the TV series a long look.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:28 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
he left us wondering
did he?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:29 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
OMG that would have been a horrible idea. Stupid TV idea. Bad guys are good or good guys are bad this season.

After he left us wondering whether Tony was alive or dead in that last shot. That was one of the worse endings on TV until GOT season 8 took the title.
I think it would have been pretty freaking amazing to see how Tony and Carmela Soprano would handle being shipped off to Wisconsin and forced to change their identities and deal with the aftermath of turning on everything and everyone they ever cared about and loved.

The dramatic tension would have been insane and there's no way that Tony would have been able to contain himself - he'd lose it at some point, which would have been awesome and cause even more problems and headache.

Outside of My Blue Heaven, which was a comedy, I really can't think of another film or TV series that dealt with the aftereffects of turning against the Mafia and Tony Soprano's story could have been awesome.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:30 PM 07-01-2021
you ever seen My Blue Heaven?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:33 PM 07-01-2021
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
you ever seen My Blue Heaven?
Saw it in the theater back in the day but it was a comedy, not a serious drama like Sopranos.

Actually, I'm not even sure I'd call it a comedy because to me, it wasn't very funny (and I love Steve Martin).
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:22 AM 07-02-2021
It's kind of interesting that I keep reading the sentiment that the show was only truly great for season 1 and went downhill from there. I loved it pretty much the whole way through.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:22 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's kind of interesting that I keep reading the sentiment that the show was only truly great for season 1 and went downhill from there. I loved it pretty much the whole way through.
Like I said before, the biggest two issues were that the best characters kept getting killed off without good replacements and the fact that the show started to feel repetitive. The basic concept of a guy dealing with panic attacks due to family problems (both "families") is great but it ran it's course. First Tony has a panic attack due to the geese in his pond migrating which is cool. But then he starts having panic attacks about deli meat. You're retreading the same ground in a very silly way while treating it as a very serious situation. And we also had handful of plots where a new mob guy shows up, causes Tony problems for a season and gets whacked in that year's final episode. It's a fine plot, but they went to the well too many times.

Edit: Am I wrong or was the "Don't Stop Believing" ending intended to drum up enthusiasm for a feature film follow-up back in the day?
[Reply]
notorious 10:26 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I have somewhat of a "Wish List" with this film, especially considering that Alan Taylor directed this film. He directed the episode in which Janice kills Richie Aprile, so I won't be surprised when this film is bloody and shocking.

Considering the film spans the 60's and 70's, I'm hoping we see Ralph Cifaretto cross paths with Tony, just to see Tony kick the living shit out of him one more time.

Joey Pants freaking nailed that role. I think I was literally cheering when Tony killed him.

:-)

Corey Stoll should make for a great Uncle June, too.
My favorite side character of the show, and that's saying a lot.

"She was a ****in' Whooo-waa!"

I thought Ralph, Jackie, and Tony had their own little crew when they were kids? Ralph missed robbing the card game because he " caught the clap from a hippie broad he was fuckin. His dick was dripping like a busted pipe.". :-)

And this scene.

[Reply]
Mennonite 10:39 AM 07-02-2021
Of all the crimes Ralph Cifaretto committed, stealing the hair of Jonathan Taylor Thomas may have been the worst.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up