ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 63
« First < 8485455565758 59606162 > Last »
Media Center>CBS: Star Trek
keg in kc 03:47 PM 11-02-2015

Originally Posted by :
The Next Chapter of the Legendary “Star Trek” TV Franchise Will Premiere on the CBS Television Network, Then Move to CBS All Access Digital Subscription Service

Alex Kurtzman, Co-Writer and Producer of the Blockbuster Films

“Star Trek” and “Star Trek Into Darkness,” to Executive Produce

CBS Studios International to Distribute the Series Globally

For Television and Multiple Platforms

STUDIO CITY, CALIF. AND NEW YORK, N.Y. – Nov. 2, 2015 – CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new “Star Trek” television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the “Star Trek” franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous “Star Trek” television series.

The brand-new “Star Trek” will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films “Star Trek” (2009) with Roberto Orci, and “Star Trek Into Darkness” (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series SCORPION and LIMITLESS, along with Kadin and Orci, and for HAWAII FIVE-0 with Orci.

“Star Trek,” which will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016, is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time. The original “Star Trek” spawned a dozen feature films and five successful television series. Almost half a century later, the “Star Trek” television series are licensed on a variety of different platforms in more than 190 countries, and the franchise still generates more than a billion social media impressions every month.

Born from the mind of Gene Roddenberry, the original “Star Trek” series debuted on Sept. 8, 1966 and aired for three seasons – a short run that belied the influence it would have for generations. The series also broke new ground in storytelling and cultural mores, providing a progressive look at topics including race relations, global politics and the environment.

“There is no better time to give ‘Star Trek’ fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”

“This new series will premiere to the national CBS audience, then boldly go where no first-run ‘Star Trek’ series has gone before – directly to its millions of fans through CBS All Access,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President/General Manager – CBS Digital Media. “We’ve experienced terrific growth for CBS All Access, expanding the service across affiliates and devices in a very short time. We now have an incredible opportunity to accelerate this growth with the iconic ‘Star Trek,’ and its devoted and passionate fan base, as our first original series.”

“Every day, an episode of the ‘Star Trek’ franchise is seen in almost every country in the world,” said Armando Nuñez, President and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We can’t wait to introduce ‘Star Trek’s’ next voyage on television to its vast global fan base.”

CBS All Access offers its customers more than 7,500 episodes from the current television season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand nationwide, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 110 markets. Subscribers can use the service online and across devices via CBS.com, the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, as well as on connected devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku players and Roku TV, with more connected devices to come.

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I REALLY REALLY hope they get a great villain this time around. Played by a really great actor. Who that would be ? No clue
The best villains have a Broadway background in acting.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:35 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Finishing up my read of "Leonard" by Bill Shatner.

Great book. Lots of interesting stuff. Did not know both Nimoy and his son were alcoholics.

Nimoy was a very high-functioning alcoholic. He was literally on the drink almost every day he was shooting TOS.
Was there a chapter on how Nimoy got so sick of Shatner's shit that he didn't speak to him for years prior to his death?
[Reply]
Lzen 10:08 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My TNG favorites:

1. Yesterday's Enterprise
2. Best of Both Worlds
3. The Wounded
4. Reunion
5. Inner Light
6. Measure of a Man
7. Redemption
8. Unification
9. Deja Q
10. Family
What, nothing about Genesis?
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:23 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Finishing up my read of "Leonard" by Bill Shatner.

Shatner is such a piece of shit. Did any of his co stars ever have anything nice to say about him when they weren't promoting something?

I read a new Trek novel the other day. "Shadows Have Offended." Pretty bland. They are supposed to be wrapping up the novelverse continuity at the end of this year. It's getting nuked to make room for Picard related stuff. The novels have sucked for the last few years but they were pretty good there for a while. As bad as they have been they were still better than the modern shows.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:45 AM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Shatner is such a piece of shit.
:-)

Did he mistreat you at a fan convention or something?

I've hung out with Shatner dozens of times, whether it was at Residuals, when he hosted a karaoke night in the 90's, to running into him and his family at Jerry's Famous Deli, in which he was one the nicest and most polite "star" I've been around.

He was amazing on Howard Stern's show in the 90's and was outright fucking hilarious as well.

The other cast members always came across as whiny, jealous bitches in regards to Shatner.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:49 AM 07-24-2021
Did Shatner suck your dick, Dane? Wait - of course he didn't. If he had you would have told us a boring story about it a couple of million times by now.

p.s. Go **** yourself you d-list name dropping bundle of sticks.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:30 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Did he mistreat you at a fan convention or something?

I've hung out with Shatner dozens of times, whether it was at Residuals, when he hosted a karaoke night in the 90's, to running into him and his family at Jerry's Famous Deli, in which he was one the nicest and most polite "star" I've been around.

He was amazing on Howard Stern's show in the 90's and was outright fucking hilarious as well.

The other cast members always came across as whiny, jealous bitches in regards to Shatner.
There is much to admire about Shatner. He's 90 years old, looks like he's 70, and despite his age he still hustles his ass off. I certainly agree with your assessment of certain of the other cast members, particularly the odious Takei. You'd think the fucker was in an internment camp getting caned by Shatner last week to listen to him piss and moan.

I assume, however, that his endless hustling was what drove the final wedge between him and Nimoy. I don't think Bill has an off switch, and doesn't understand that other people do.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:36 PM 07-24-2021

I assume, however, that his endless hustling was what drove the final wedge between him and Nimoy. I don't think Bill has an off switch, and doesn't understand that other people do.

Ol' Bill just hustled himself a new gig on Russia Today. He doesn't have a problem working for the Kremlin and he can't understand that other people do.

It's not just one or two cast mates that say he is a dick, it's virtually all of them as well as some of the guest stars. Dude's a prick. He just happens to have played a character that everybody likes.

He's a good a human being as he is a singer:

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:52 PM 07-24-2021
Is it bad that I look forward to these movies more than I do new seasons of Star Trek: Kurtzman?

I kind of feel alone on this, but Beyond was my favorite of the movie reboots, and that was the one that had the most "problems" with it in the shooting and editing. Simon Pegg did an amazing job when they asked him to piece together the crap they had filmed into some sort of story that you could follow and care about.

I have no idea if he's up to the job again, but I wouldn't mind seeing him involved as a producer of some sort.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:06 PM 07-24-2021
Did Shatner suck your dick, Dane? Wait - of course he didn't. If he had you would have told us a boring story about it a couple of million times by now.

p.s. Go **** yourself you d-list name dropping bundle of sticks.

Such a fragile little girl
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:08 PM 07-24-2021
Ol' Bill just hustled himself a new gig on Russia Today. He doesn't have a problem working for the Kremlin and he can't understand that other people do.

It's not just one or two cast mates that say he is a dick, it's virtually all of them as well as some of the guest stars. Dude's a prick. He just happens to have played a character that everybody likes.
Yeah, because co-workers are never, ever jealous when one of their own rises above the rest.

You sound like a bitter old woman.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 PM 07-24-2021
There is much to admire about Shatner. He's 90 years old, looks like he's 70, and despite his age he still hustles his ass off. I certainly agree with your assessment of certain of the other cast members, particularly the odious Takei. You'd think the fucker was in an internment camp getting caned by Shatner last week to listen to him piss and moan.

One thing that people forget that don't work as an actor for a living is that yes, these people are extremely competitive. It's obviously a different type of competition than sports but actors on that level don't just audition in order to get a gig, they audition in order to not only nail that gig but to turn it into a years long series or a role that will live on for decades.

Shatner was indeed a hustler. He turned his time on Stern's show into tens of millions via Priceline, in which he decided to take in stock instead of salary. He's constantly writing and performing and even had a failed CBS sitcom in the past decade.

The dude is a worker and hustler and has great respect in town, regardless of what his former cast members think of him, who outside of Nimoy, had little success outside of Star Trek.

So it's pretty obvious who was riding the coattails.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:27 PM 07-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
One thing that people forget that don't work as an actor for a living is that yes, these people are extremely competitive. It's obviously a different type of competition than sports but actors on that level don't just audition in order to get a gig, they audition in order to not only nail that gig but to turn it into a years long series or a role that will live on for decades.

Shatner was indeed a hustler. He turned his time on Stern's show into tens of millions via Priceline, in which he decided to take in stock instead of salary. He's constantly writing and performing and even had a failed CBS sitcom in the past decade.

The dude is a worker and hustler and has great respect in town, regardless of what his former cast members think of him, who outside of Nimoy, had little success outside of Star Trek.

So it's pretty obvious who was riding the coattails.
I know Doohan hated him, and obviously Takei does as well, but the rest seemed to keep it fairly quiet. I've never heard of Nichols saying anything shitty about him, and Koenig seems to know where his bread's buttered.

I've really just learned to loathe Takei. The way he whines about everything reminds me of what you once said about Henley - that no one who has enjoyed so much success has any right to be so miserable.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:31 PM 07-24-2021

I've really just learned to loathe Takei. The way he whines about everything reminds me of what you once said about Henley - that no one who has enjoyed so much success has any right to be so miserable.
I mean, I kinda get it. He comes from a generation where he had to hide his sexual identity, so he’s probably bitter about a lot of that. I’m sure he encountered tons of racism too when he was young in the 40s to 60s.
[Reply]
Mennonite 01:36 PM 07-24-2021
Please, Mr McCloud won't you tell us again about the time you stood next to Jimmy "J.J." Walker at a urinal at Studio 54? I love the part when JJ says your dick sucking skills are "DY-NO-Mite!" Really, I never get tired of hearing your boring ass stories about living in Los Angeles. I mean how many people can claim to have actually lived in L.A.? Can be more than several million tops.

The only thing I like more is when you say something dumb (because you're an argumentative prick and can't help yourself) and then double down in it. Because you are as petty as you are stupid. A recent example is when I posted a pic from a movie that inspired the look of Indiana Jones and you spent time googling pics from 70 year old magazines to try to win an argument that no one was actually having. Good times.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 63
« First < 8485455565758 59606162 > Last »
Up