ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 171
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:10 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Feel like its turning a corner at ep 4. Like a somewhat shocker oh fuck moment to end it.

I'm likely going to watch at least 1 more tonight and can report back.
Finished it.

The dialogue was so long-winded and felt totally unnecessary for the most part. To make it worse, it's that damn whisper dialogue where every conversation is being had in a library. So damn boring. There were moments where i straight up fast forwarded through the dialogue. Some people think long dialogue scenes = quality story telling. Maybe those folks will like that shit.

I thought the last two episodes were pretty good. I felt like if they condensed episodes 1-5 into 30mins followed by episodes 6-7 they woulda had a decent movie.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:18 PM 10-13-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
NGTL - Midnight Mass is pretty creepy pending its conclusion. But on some parts i was legit weirded and creeped right out.
Main monster dude was creepy to look at. And when preacher-man discovered his "craving" was a pretty dang good scene, if you know what i mean.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10-14-2021, 09:59 PM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
unlurking 09:10 AM 10-16-2021
I know many don't like Dr. Who, but I'm still looking forward to the coming season.

[Reply]
unlurking 09:14 AM 10-16-2021
I loved Midnight Mass, but yeah, it was a little talky. lol

I loved the concept of ...
Spoiler!

If it gets a season 2 I'd like to see more exploration of that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:49 AM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
The White Lotus was fantastic from start to finish. Bravo to the show creator/writer & director Mike White for making such a darkly funny / effed up show!
Watching it now. It's great. Funny and sad.

My girl Daddario showing off some acting skills, too. She's really good in it.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:32 AM 10-16-2021
Got Apple TV this week. Started watching Mythic Quest. Great show. Now moving on to For All Mankind.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:13 PM 10-16-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I loved Midnight Mass, but yeah, it was a little talky. lol

I loved the concept of ...
Spoiler!

If it gets a season 2 I'd like to see more exploration of that.
Yeah it was ok but, I am loving Squid Game - on episode 6.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:41 AM 10-17-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Yeah it was ok but, I am loving Squid Game - on episode 6.
You aren't ready for Episode 6.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:32 AM 10-19-2021
If you don't mind foreign shows, The Chestnut Man on Netflix was a decent binge. Only 6 episodes, in a James Patterson murder mystery vein.

Nothing new by any means but a good filler.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:23 PM 10-19-2021
I started watching Ted Lasso last night, completely confident that I would not even make it through the pilot before I decided I hated it.

Fast forward to midnight when I had stayed up two extra hours to finish streaming season 1.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:37 PM 10-19-2021
LOL

Pretty much my experience.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:46 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I started watching Ted Lasso last night, completely confident that I would not even make it through the pilot before I decided I hated it.

Fast forward to midnight when I had stayed up two extra hours to finish streaming season 1.
Season 1 is so pure. There is barely an ounce of fat on that magnificent season of TV. I don't personally feel the same about season 2 (though the finale is really good).
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:36 AM 10-20-2021

Anybody watch this? Finished it last night, it was actually pretty entertaining. Campy but not over the top. Martin and Short are great in it, but surprisingly so was Selena Gomez.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:52 AM 10-20-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Anybody watch this? Finished it last night, it was actually pretty entertaining. Campy but not over the top. Martin and Short are great in it, but surprisingly so was Selena Gomez.
Watched the finale last night. Thought it was an incredibly fun and refreshing show. Never liked Martin Short at all and even found myself enjoying his character. Excited to see what they do with season 2.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:26 AM 10-20-2021
Anyone watching Dopesick ? It's a Hulu show, starts Michael Keaton. Basically about the rise of Oxy and Purdue Pharma. Really well done
[Reply]
Page 90 of 171
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Up