ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 172
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:05 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
You can access the English dub if you’d like but I enjoy the authenticity of just English subtitles personally.
I feel like the english dub took away from the seriousness and intensity that the actors were displaying.

The english voice overs were just....classicly cartoonish. 70's Godzilla-esque. I think that has something to do with why i didn't "love" it the way some do.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:06 AM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
The ending to Midnight Mass was awesome.
I put this on last night and crashed out halfway through episode 1
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:58 PM 10-05-2021
Woof I’m struggling to get through Midnight Mass.

Feel this has a really good underlying story but with some CBS Wednesday night casting and acting.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:22 AM 10-06-2021
7 episodes through, and I think Squid Game is the best thing Netflix has ever put out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:56 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
7 episodes through, and I think Squid Game is the best thing Netflix has ever put out.
I wouldn’t say that. But it’s very interesting. I’m on episode 4.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:16 AM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I wouldn’t say that. But it’s very interesting. I’m on episode 4.
It keeps getting better.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:11 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Woof I’m struggling to get through Midnight Mass.

Feel this has a really good underlying story but with some CBS Wednesday night casting and acting.
How far in are you?
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:23 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
How far in are you?
4 episodes in.

I'm definitely intrigued enough to keep going and ep. 4 ended on a high note but its had this how I imagine Dawson's Creek is like vibe going on to this point.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:44 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
4 episodes in.

I'm definitely intrigued enough to keep going and ep. 4 ended on a high note but its had this how I imagine Dawson's Creek is like vibe going on to this point.
ugh. Someone in this thread said the ending was great, and that's about the only thing that has me inspired to watch it. I think i made it through the end of episode 1 and maybe halfway into the 2nd episode. It seemed like it had some intriguing stuff going on.

It's next on my list to finish.

I wanna get into Peaky Blinders though.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:53 PM 10-06-2021

I watched it, it was good. But it wasn't as good as I was hoping for.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:24 PM 10-06-2021
ugh. Someone in this thread said the ending was great, and that's about the only thing that has me inspired to watch it. I think i made it through the end of episode 1 and maybe halfway into the 2nd episode. It seemed like it had some intriguing stuff going on.

It's next on my list to finish.

Feel like its turning a corner at ep 4. Like a somewhat shocker oh fuck moment to end it.

I'm likely going to watch at least 1 more tonight and can report back.
[Reply]
sully1983 04:29 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Damn no shit? Even better than that messed up time traveling German show Dark? I need to get on Squid Game ASAP this weekend. My top favorite Netflix shows ever made so far were Mindhunter and Narcos (just to you an idea on what I dig on there) . For all the crap that Netflix makes, they do have some really great stuff on there.

I'm currently finishing up Maid a new Netflix mini series. About half way thru and its pretty good. Kinda cool that the lead actress is actually Andie MacDowell's daughter (and Andie MacDowell plays the mom in this) Usually I'd complain about blatant nepotism but Margeret Qualley is actually legit in the lead role here as the young mom
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:00 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Damn no shit? Even better than that messed up time traveling German show Dark? I need to get on Squid Game ASAP this weekend. My top favorite Netflix shows ever made so far were Mindhunter and Narcos (just to you an idea on what I dig on there) . For all the crap that Netflix makes, they do have some really great stuff on there.

I'm currently finishing up Maid a new Netflix mini series. About half way thru and its pretty good. Kinda cool that the lead actress is actually Andie MacDowell's daughter (and Andie MacDowell plays the mom in this) Usually I'd complain about blatant nepotism but Margeret Qualley is actually legit in the lead role here as the young mom
Advice: Pass on the english dub. Stick with the captions. I thought the english dub voice acting was cheesy and took away from the intensity that likely existed in its original language.

I think that's why it didn't capture me like it's captured others. My wife is almost done watching it a 2nd time around.

If you end up liking it it IS worth a rewatch if you're the type that likes to find clues etc after the fact. There's a ton of easter eggs in there and context clues that you don't realize until your 2nd watch. A ton.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 05:54 PM 10-06-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:

Its definitely not going to be for everyone, but it just feels like the kind of show that has everything. Yes, do not watch this show with dubs. Subs only. I enjoyed your same shows too, and if you liked The Witch, thus is up your alley.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:04 PM 10-06-2021
I didn’t love the Squid Game finale within the context of how great all the other episodes were. YMMV.

Also ep5 of Midnight Mass was more of another hour of TNT level word salad that I’d expect to see playing at my gym at 4:30am ala Alyssa Milano’s Charmed series.

90% out on this thing.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 172
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138 > Last »
Up