ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 172
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:19 AM 09-15-2021
Has anyone watched 30 Monedas (coins) on HBO?

I put it on last night and was surprised how good it was. I had to take it off because the Nyquil was kicking in, but seemed pretty interesting.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:26 PM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I put it on last night and was surprised how good it was. I had to take it off because the Nyquil was kicking in, but seemed pretty interesting.
Next on my que after I finish Fargo. Looks really good though.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:34 AM 09-17-2021

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:10 PM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

Image: Not Safe for Work
It's a knife in the fucking mud . . .

[Reply]
rydogg58 09:07 PM 09-17-2021
Watching The Boys, on Amazon prime. It's pretty funny and brutal. Superheroes aren't so good, sort of like a reverse Marvel universe.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:39 PM 09-20-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Im 5-6 episodes in and it's much better than i thought it was going to be and i thought it'd be good.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 01:42 PM 09-20-2021
Just watched episode 1 of Sweet Tooth. Looks like it might be entertaining.

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:09 PM 09-22-2021

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
It sucked.

Finished it last night....

The 1st episode caught me by surprise as it was a little more graphic, a little more "Resident Evil-esque" than i anticipated.

It's an 8-episode series and by episode 5-6 it just started getting annoying. I spent the last two episodes doing my best Mystery Science Theater impersonation. One of the main heroes is just a monumental fuck up. And a bitch. The decision making by some of the other characters was just dumb.

They tried to leave the series off on a cliffhanger, teasing if "X" character will die or not, but i honestly couldn't care less if they lived or not.

Thick plot armor. Some gaps in the story that they just gloss over with no explanation.

For example, one episode ended with the whole town (that's been buried in a thick fog) realizing that they can't escape the city because of a magical barrier. The very next episode starts with the fog all of a sudden gone (the fog was the focus of the entire prior episode) and now everyone, instead of running in fear, is now under mind control of a demon. (WTF, how did we go from A to B like that with no explanation?)

Cool monsters though. But sadly these awesome monster designs were all for not as none of the monsters made any sort of impact on the story and they were utterly pointless and useless and were defeated in the absolute dumbest ways. They can't kill a 115lb woman or outrun an elderly man....might as well not have had any of them at all.

It also suffered from Superman syndrome, in which the antagonists are superman-like and all powerful, yet for no decently explained reason don't use any of this awesome power to make quick work of the protagonists to accomplish their goal.

I can go on forever bitching about this show.
[Reply]
Miles 07:20 PM 09-22-2021
I didn’t hate 30 coins but did think it started off pretty interesting and just sort of fell apart. Main actress was super attractive though.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:01 PM 09-25-2021

5 episodes in, not too bad.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:18 PM 09-27-2021
Sooo....who else has gotten caught up in Squid Games?

First my coworker told me about it last week. Then my brother in law this weekend.

I'm currently on episode 5.
[Reply]
unlurking 02:50 PM 09-27-2021
Sooo....who else has gotten caught up in Squid Games?

First my coworker told me about it last week. Then my brother in law this weekend.

I'm currently on episode 5.
Watched it last week. Loved it. Excited for season 2!
[Reply]
cj2wr 12:35 AM 09-29-2021
Midnight Mass is good so far. Slow but some really good acting and scenes. Only 3 ep in
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:48 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Watched it last week. Loved it. Excited for season 2!
Finished it. It was good. Didn't really like the last episode though. Would've liked to have seen it go a different course there at the end.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:59 AM 09-29-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:

5 episodes in, not too bad.
you stole my thunder.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 172
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Up