ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 171
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:29 PM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

Saw season one a month or so ago. It's pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:30 PM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
und the clues, Paul Rubens is one of the cast.

The Alienist on TNT Monday 1/22 at 9pm. Follows the first female police detective (Dakota Fanning) in NYC in the late 1800's as she tries to solve a serial killer mystery. They use emerging psychology and early forensic techniques.
Watching this and REALLY like it. That description you posted is pathetic. Fanning is NOT the star. She is one of several, but not the lead. The lead is a psychiatrist, but the whole thing is set back in teh stone age of police work, trying to catch a serial killer.

Read the book by Caleb Carr 20 or so years ago and the series is true to the book. REally good!
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:31 PM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Curious to see how good The Alienist is tomorrow night.

What did you think? I've finished episode three, so not quite caught up.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:08 PM 02-13-2018
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Saw season one a month or so ago. It's pretty awesome.
Season 2 is every bit as good if not better. Probably a good thing I quit mushrooms decades ago.:-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:14 PM 02-13-2018
gently has been cancelled by the way.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:21 AM 02-19-2018
I haven’t laughed this much in a while. The detour is so well done.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:39 AM 02-19-2018
Seyit ve Sura

Sheer torture though, heartbreaking like The Thornbirds. Why do they do this to us.

Must watch for all women tho'. Had to stop watching at points the torture was so unbearable. Not done yet. On another break.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:48 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I haven’t laughed this much in a while. The detour is so well done.
It's a bit confounding, because Sam Bee is a co-producer with hubby Jason Jones. But it's so not up it's own ass in the ways that she is on her show.

It's almost like the show is reparations for Jason putting up with her perpetual temper tantrum.

Oddly as well, the only place I've seen Jason outside this show since they left The Daily Show, is several appearances on Gavin McInnes' youtube show.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:30 AM 02-20-2018
I just finished the first two seasons of The Man in the High Castle on Amazon. I really liked it and definitely recommend it.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:59 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I just finished the first two seasons of The Man in the High Castle on Amazon. I really liked it and definitely recommend it.
Yes, that one is excellent.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:14 AM 02-23-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Speaking of Amazon, The Tick got a 2nd season renewal today.
Back end of season 1 drops tonight.

Nice to have since the Olympics have KILLED new programming for the past couple weeks.

[Reply]
eDave 04:23 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Thought that Waco got of to a good start. Looking forward to this Wednesday
It all burns tonight. I've enjoyed this one. Taylor Kitsch is really good here.

Culkin drives me nuts though. Been binging the first 5 today and it's better second time through, binged.
[Reply]
eDave 04:24 PM 02-28-2018
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
What did you think? I've finished episode three, so not quite caught up.
I stopped after ep. 1. Wasn't doing it for me at all. Found it boring af. Did it get better?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:04 AM 03-01-2018
Just watched the push. Really interesting social experiment.
[Reply]
eDave 04:08 AM 03-01-2018
That Waco finale... Wow.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 171
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up