ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 171
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:40 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The season premiere just for Donger!!

Spoiler!
i watched all the episodes to this, man does it get depressing as hell near the end. i wont go back to it myself.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:57 PM 08-31-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
luther, misfits, shameless (UK), black mirror, the code (AU), housos, utopia (UK). just a few obscure, not so popular shows that are really good.

not sure if they've been mentioned.
Have you had an opportunity to compare UK and US Shameless?

I meant to check out the UK version when the US version started, but it was so good in its own right I just stuck with it.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:04 AM 09-01-2016

I meant to check out the UK version when the US version started, but it was so good in its own right I just stuck with it.
yeah, matter of fact, last year this time, i binge watched both before netflix cracked down on vpn's.

overall, i would say the UK version is better, but it takes time to get used to the characters as you would not know anything about them. i have yet to see anyone from the cast in any other thing except for frank. he had a bit part in hot fuzz as the theater director.

warning: binge watching both shows with all the dysfunction makes you want to head butt something :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:08 AM 09-01-2016
speaking of shameless us...

fiona reminds me of peg bundy. that bitch thinks shes entitled to everything regardless of how bad she ****s things up. you just want to slap the shit outta her.

off topic but another show, i have mentioned on another thread, but Fortitude is a great tv show.... it does have one character from shameless uk now i think about it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:10 AM 09-01-2016
speaking of shameless us...

fiona reminds me of peg bundy. that bitch thinks shes entitled to everything regardless of how bad she fucks things up. you just want to slap the shit outta her.
'Slap' isn't the first word that comes to mind.

Speaking of sexy [stick with me here a moment], the dude who plays Kevin is married IRL to Sarah Shahi. ROWR!!

[Reply]
Nickhead 12:15 AM 09-01-2016
'Slap' isn't the first word that comes to mind.

Speaking of sexy [stick with my here], the dude who plays Kevin is married IRL to Sarah Shahi. ROWR!!

yeah, not too shabby.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:13 PM 09-01-2016

another uk show thats 'okay'. Trollied ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2006005/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt ). it has the dood from youre the worst in it, your avatar.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:49 AM 09-08-2016
luther, misfits, shameless (UK), black mirror, the code (AU), housos, utopia (UK). just a few obscure, not so popular shows that are really good.

not sure if they've been mentioned.
uploaded a sample clip of utopia

[Reply]
Nickhead 07:23 PM 09-16-2016
here down under is a new comedy, soul mates. two mates throughout time. this is one setting of many scenarios.

[Reply]
NewChief 07:55 AM 09-17-2016
If you aren't watching Quarry, you should be.

Two episodes in... it's a slow, artsy burn... but it's good.

Really interesting characters, great use of music, excellent capture of the south of the early 70s and the cultural milieu.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:02 AM 09-17-2016
First two episodes of Quarry are available on youtube, if you don't have Cinemax:

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:57 PM 09-17-2016
Season 4 of Luther just hit Netflix. I know I've crowed about it before but if you haven't seen Luther do it today (presuming they don't magically drop the ball on S 4)
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:02 PM 09-17-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Season 4 of Luther just hit Netflix. I know I've crowed about it before but if you haven't seen Luther do it today (presuming they don't magically drop the ball on S 4)
was actually aired december last year. two episodes only. i was quite disappointed. the show was great though.
[Reply]
Miles 11:05 PM 09-17-2016
uploaded a sample clip of utopia
Haven been meaning to watch this series for a while. End satisfyingly enough that I won't be pissed by cliffhangers from it not being picked up for a 3rd series?
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:55 PM 09-17-2016
Originally Posted by Miles:
Haven been meaning to watch this series for a while. End satisfyingly enough that I won't be pissed by cliffhangers from it not being picked up for a 3rd series?
i would say so, personally. but it appears i am the only fan of the show :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09-21-2016, 07:02 PM
This message has been deleted by Pitt Gorilla.
Page 20 of 171
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up