ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Simple Question-Has the US gone forward or backward since Biden was elected?
scho63 06:30 PM 10-13-2021
I don't need a fucking story, clarification, qualifiers, half assed answers or reasons why.

Lets see a simple answer: Forward or Backward.

My vote: Backward

What say you? :-)
[Reply]
tooge 02:25 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
We said the virus was going to virus and they didn't believe us.

Now that the evidence is overwhelming that national response can only affect things along the edges and not fundamentally change the waves of Covid they STILL cling to their delusions.

But the difference is, I didn't get my info like Lonely Lizard from the TV. I read a paper from the former director of the European CDC and the author of a textbook on infectious disease that stated there would be no way to contain such a virus.

The best course of action would be to focus on providing superior medical care to those who became sick.

The Lancet Journal
MAY 30, 2020
PDF [31 KB]

The invisible pandemic
Johan Giesecke

Published:May 05, 2020

Many countries (and members of their press media) have marvelled at Sweden's relaxed strategy in the face of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic: schools and most workplaces have remained open, and police officers were not checking one's errands in the street. Severe critics have described it as Sweden sacrificing its (elderly) citizens to quickly reach herd immunity.1 The death toll has surpassed our three closest neighbours, Denmark, Norway, and Finland, but the mortality remains lower than in the UK, Spain, and Belgium.2
It has become clear that a hard lockdown does not protect old and frail people living in care homes—a population the lockdown was designed to protect.3 Neither does it decrease mortality from COVID-19, which is evident when comparing the UK's experience with that of other European countries.
• View related content for this article

PCR testing and some straightforward assumptions indicate that, as of April 29, 2020, more than half a million people in Stockholm county, Sweden, which is about 20–25% of the population, have been infected (Hansson D, Swedish Public Health Agency, personal communication). 98–99% of these people are probably unaware or uncertain of having had the infection; they either had symptoms that were severe, but not severe enough for them to go to a hospital and get tested, or no symptoms at all. Serology testing is now supporting these assumptions.4
These facts have led me to the following conclusions. Everyone will be exposed to severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, and most people will become infected. COVID-19 is spreading like wildfire in all countries, but we do not see it—it almost always spreads from younger people with no or weak symptoms to other people who will also have mild symptoms. This is the real pandemic, but it goes on beneath the surface, and is probably at its peak now in many European countries. There is very little we can do to prevent this spread: a lockdown might delay severe cases for a while, but once restrictions are eased, cases will reappear. I expect that when we count the number of deaths from COVID-19 in each country in 1 year from now, the figures will be similar, regardless of measures taken.
Measures to flatten the curve might have an effect, but a lockdown only pushes the severe cases into the future —it will not prevent them. Admittedly, countries have managed to slow down spread so as not to overburden health-care systems, and, yes, effective drugs that save lives might soon be developed, but this pandemic is swift, and those drugs have to be developed, tested, and marketed quickly. Much hope is put in vaccines, but they will take time, and with the unclear protective immunological response to infection, it is not certain that vaccines will be very effective.
In summary, COVID-19 is a disease that is highly infectious and spreads rapidly through society. It is often quite symptomless and might pass unnoticed, but it also causes severe disease, and even death, in a proportion of the population, and our most important task is not to stop spread, which is all but futile, but to concentrate on giving the unfortunate victims optimal care.
I declare no competing interests.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...035-7/fulltext
I read that Lancet article last year. I also read on the CDC website very early on in Covid 19, that it is likely that every single person on the planet, save a few very isolated colonies, would be exposed to the virus. That's where we are. You've either had it, or will have it. If you are vaccinated, and you get it, you SHOULD experience less severe illness.
[Reply]
ping2000 02:29 PM Today
Going to the store now is reminiscent of shopping in cold war East Germany. Lots of blank spaces. Fuck you Joe, and fuck all that voted for you.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 02:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Going to the store now is reminiscent of shopping in cold war East Germany. Lots of blank spaces. Fuck you Joe, and fuck all that voted for you.
Holy shit. Yeah Joe Biden sucks but you are being EXTREMELY over dramatic here.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:35 PM Today
About 30 years ago I had the transmission in my car goo out and the only gear that would work was reverse.

It went out when we stopped to get beer after the bars closed and my roommate was the driver that night and had to drive it a few miles through town in reverse to get us home.

That pretty much sums up this administration.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Sure its not that bad yet.......

Originally Posted by :
#EmptyShelvesJoe trending on Twitter amid Biden’s supply chain crisis.

The hashtag #EmptyShelvesJoe shot to the top of the trending topics on Twitter Thursday amid the supply chain crisis threatening the nation’s economy and holiday shopping.

Social media users employed the tagline to rip President Biden for empty shelves and skyrocketing prices caused by a backlog of shipping containers waiting to dock at California ports.

“Just went food shopping…again…thanks #EmptyShelvesJoe I really love having to go every day now in order to find what used to take one trip,” one account wrote, along with a photo of near-empty shelves at a grocery store.

“I’m pretty sure @JoeBiden and the Democrats in DC are eating just fine and are having no issues getting what they need,” another Twitter user posted. “The rest of us lowly Americans who actually go to the grocery stores, not so much. #EmptyShelvesJoe.”
https://nypost.com/2021/10/14/emptys...-chain-crisis/

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Sure its not that bad yet.......
" “Just went food shopping…again…thanks #EmptyShelvesJoe I really love having to go every day now in order to find what used to take one trip,” one account wrote, along with a photo of near-empty shelves at a grocery store."

I live in butt-fuck Missouri and have zero issues finding what I need... other than sunflower oil at a reasonable price. I can only get the organic super expensive shit that runs $7 for 16oz locally but I want the 32oz jug that Walmart has for $5 but I have to go into Kansas City for it so I'm waiting for a need to go to KCMO arises to go get it.

I would have thought that the boonies would be the first to run out of food at the grocery but perhaps not. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I do wonder, though, how much panic buying is causing the shortages people are reporting. We did see how the dumbfucks went after TP.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by tooge:
I read that Lancet article last year. I also read on the CDC website very early on in Covid 19, that it is likely that every single person on the planet, save a few very isolated colonies, would be exposed to the virus. That's where we are. You've either had it, or will have it. If you are vaccinated, and you get it, you SHOULD experience less severe illness.
Dr. Peter McCullough says that isn't even happening as first claimed. You still can be hospitalized and die fully vaccinated or not. Then again, one main protocol is being pushed onto hospitals and that's the CDC/Fauci "Rem-death-isver " which leads to more deaths than something like Ivermectin, nebulized budesonide et. al.

Dr. McCullough says we would have been far, far better off with many more lives saved, if the emphasis was on early treatment instead of waiting for a vaccine as the one-and-only panacea; that we needed early treatment clinics on an out-patient basis—still do.

He says the competency level of doctors in our health agencies is not very good, many of them don't have a lot of experience treating patients with covid or have had published peer-reviewed papers. He also alleges there is also some malfeasance, as the people sponsoring the vaccines are regulating the matter when external monitoring boards should have been set-up with reports on a monthly basis. He finds it unethical that was not done. If that was done, these vaccines would have been pulled by the end of January because the bad outcomes were known then which he personally witnessed in his own patients, after first recommending the vaccines.

Per Dr. McC, at least the CDC recently reported on vaccines' failures through the Dept of Community Health, but they only report using a representative sample and not the entire number. Just with that, the still reported 24 thousand deaths/hospitalizations who were fully vaccinated. That's strictly using CDC criteria though, but the doctor said even that number is much too high. McCullough said 75% of these vaccinated people who died were senior citizens over age 65.

My conclusion: You're damned if you do; and damned if you don't. It's the history of coronaviruses.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Going to the store now is reminiscent of shopping in cold war East Germany. Lots of blank spaces. **** you Joe, and **** all that voted for you.
Yep! I am seeing that. Even Costco is rationing toilet paper limiting it to one per customer. I just go back out to my car; go back in, use a different register and different checker at the door to get another. I'm gonna do it again this week until I have enough for the entire winter.

Winter is coming. So is Venezuela.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:49 PM Today
That would be you over reacting to him. My daughter had to wait months for a car part after an accident, when her rental provision ran out on her insurance. She had to have her friends drive her to the supermarket. My tech can't get computer parts and I am seeing empty shelves too.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:54 PM Today
I do wonder, though, how much panic buying is causing the shortages people are reporting. We did see how the dumbfucks went after TP.

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Yep! I am seeing that. Even Costco is rationing toilet paper limiting it to one per customer. I just go back out to my car; go back in, use a different register and different checker at the door to get another. I'm gonna do it again this week until I have enough for the entire winter.

Winter is coming. So is Venezuela.
L M F A O
[Reply]
vailpass 03:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
About 30 years ago I had the transmission in my car goo out and the only gear that would work was reverse.

It went out when we stopped to get beer after the bars closed and my roommate was the driver that night and had to drive it a few miles through town in reverse to get us home.

That pretty much sums up this administration.
Part of me thinks I’d like to have been along for that ride and part of me thinks it doesn’t.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 20
« First < 101617181920
Up