ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 112
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:59 AM 05-03-2022
Also does everyone realize he had his back surgery 2 years ago and is fine. He played through a stress fracture in his foot most of last year. That’s what the injury concerns are
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:00 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Shaid:
That's looks like shit, I guess we'll see.
Had a stress fracture in his foot. It’s hard to do much but he touched it out. He’s all heart.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:03 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Also does everyone realize he had his back surgery 2 years ago and is fine. He played through a stress fracture in his foot most of last year. That’s what the injury concerns are
I think everyone realizes that, thats why he didnt get fucking drafted.
[Reply]
FringeNC 10:19 AM 05-03-2022
Don't mean to be a downer, but Ross has Klippel-Feil syndrome. It is more complicated than just having a surgery to fix it.

Not sure the NFL would allow him to play.
[Reply]
wazu 10:24 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Don't mean to be a downer, but Ross has Klippel-Feil syndrome. It is more complicated than just having a surgery to fix it.

The NCAA let him play with it after his surgery. Haven't heard anybody even imply that there was some special NFL clearance required. Chiefs medical staff could I suppose see something they don't like.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:34 AM 05-03-2022
This is a move without downside since they didn't invest a draft pick. I'm not getting my hopes up, though, that he will have much of an NFL career. He really struggled to get any separation last year. He didn't look like the same receiver from 2018/19. Maybe it's due to the foot injury or maybe it's due to the congenital bone condition.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:18 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:

Veach said 1) team docs are on the conservative side, 2) he doesn’t overrule them and 3) they cleared Ross.

They did ok on Trey Smith so far too.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:23 PM 05-03-2022
I wonder if he'll go to IR, sit with the playbook for a year, make sure he's good to go, and come back in 23.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:26 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Veach said 1) team docs are on the conservative side, 2) he doesn’t overrule them and 3) they cleared Ross.

They did ok on Trey Smith so far too.
What I’ve been trying to tell everyone. Rick is the best in the league
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:27 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I wonder if he'll go to IR, sit with the playbook for a year, make sure he's good to go, and come back in 23.
NFI i would think. I'd be all for a redshirt. See if he can get healthier. Even though hes "cleared to play" it doesnt mean hes 100% he could just be pushing it trying to make a team. I would for a shot at generational wealth.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:38 PM 05-03-2022
I'm so fucking sick of RAS.

For starters, the metric is completely asinine. Great, it measures overall athleticism. I don't fucking care. There are metrics that matter at each position and metrics that don't.

Then, there's the whole thing called my fucking eyeballs. Can the guy run routes? Can he catch in traffic and win 50/50 balls? Does he catch with his hands? Does he drop the ball too much? Et cetera..........

Ross is quick and fluid in/out of his breaks for a WR his size. He creates separation. He finds soft spots. He catches with his hands and he wins in traffic. He runs good routes. He had plenty of speed to regularly beat the guy across from him. He still posted over 11 yards per catch playing on a Jones fracture the entire season last year.

He fell off the charts over medicals, period. Nobody gives two fucks about his RAS score. He's fine. He's got his shot to make it through camp.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:41 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm so fucking sick of RAS.

For starters, the metric is completely asinine. Great, it measures overall athleticism. I don't fucking care. There are metrics that matter at each position and metrics that don't.

Then, there's the whole thing called my fucking eyeballs. Can the guy run routes? Can he catch in traffic and win 50/50 balls? Does he catch with his hands? Does he drop the ball too much? Et cetera..........

Ross is quick and fluid in/out of his breaks for a WR his size. He creates separation. He finds soft spots. He catches with his hands and he wins in traffic. He runs good routes. He had plenty of speed to regularly beat the guy across from him. He still posted over 11 yards per catch playing on a Jones fracture the entire season last year.

He fell off the charts over medicals, period. Nobody gives two fucks about his RAS score. He's fine. He's got his shot to make it through camp.
Yeah but have you seen his RAS score?
[Reply]
kccrow 04:43 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah but have you seen his RAS score?
:-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:53 PM 05-03-2022
I like RAS. It's fun
[Reply]
Iconic 05:04 PM 05-03-2022
He has already been medically cleared and ran through all the tests by KCs staff. There isn't any sitting around on IR for this kid. He's getting his shot and as insane as it may sound I am 100% certain he's making the roster. I mean his stiffest competition is literally JAG Coleman, a washed 31 year old Gordon, and a bunch of practice squaders.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 112
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up