ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 112
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 07:25 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Not usually, no.

As for the second part of your post- well, they spent for Watkins in '18, so they needed to spend draft picks everywhere else.

I really don't understand why some of you guys just flat don't understand the equation.

If you're paying an elite QB, you have to go cheap in other places. You have to draft and develop. The salary cap is real, and you fudge it for a year maybe, but then you're going to have to have a few rough seasons like The Rams, for example.

The way The Chiefs are doing it, they're going to contend for Super Bowls every single year.

I doubt Veach strikes out on four swings at WR here. We can afford to be a little patient while they figure it out because our defense looks really good.
Yes, draft picks are cheap. Hence why I said draft picks to add with Tyreek. Just like it takes draft picks to add to the defense with paying Jones etc.

If this is your argument, I think you've kinda missed the point.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:19 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yes, draft picks are cheap. Hence why I said draft picks to add with Tyreek. Just like it takes draft picks to add to the defense with paying Jones etc.

If this is your argument, I think you've kinda missed the point.
No I didn't miss the point, you missed the team building aspect entirely. We had a potent offense, and a mediocre defense where Dan Sorensen was an important player. We needed to get better. And we did
[Reply]
carcosa 09:33 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Someone told me he was only in for 6 plays.

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.
Man... If Rice and Ross both fully click by the end of the season, this offense could be really fun to watch come playoff time.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:34 AM 10-12-2023
Telling yall, this Ross fella about to pop off.

If he gets going, then with Ross/Rice/Toney we can run every concept in a NFL playbook.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:20 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Telling yall, this Ross fella about to pop off.

If he gets going, then with Ross/Rice/Toney we can run every concept in a NFL playbook.
Rice/Ross/MVS/Watson by the end of the year is my biggest hope. Toney is interchangeable for obvious reasons. Maybe we add someone by the deadline in as well.

That could work if those players improve/get the playing time they need.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:23 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Someone told me he was only in for 6 plays.

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.
Maybe.

But i think the reason we see high target shares per snap for Rice/Ross/Toney is because they may be the 1st or 2nd read on the specific package they're in on. It could be, and probably is, totally by design.
[Reply]
crispystl 10:24 AM 10-12-2023
Something to think about...
I think if they's year's team played the 2022 after 5 games it would win by about 7-10.

So ask yourself...which team is better? I strongly contend it's this one and that's without Omenihu.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:36 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Something to think about...
I think if they's year's team played the 2022 after 5 games it would win by about 7-10.

So ask yourself...which team is better? I strongly contend it's this one and that's without Omenihu.
You should proof read your post.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:02 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Maybe.

But i think the reason we see high target shares per snap for Rice/Ross/Toney is because they may be the 1st or 2nd read on the specific package they're in on. It could be, and probably is, totally by design.
I think you're probably right, but I'm not sure that matters. If they're open enough to throw them the ball, cool.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:21 AM 10-12-2023
So you can't get good WR's after 30? You don't think an addition like Rice or trading for Toney does anything like that?

Seems you're pretty dug in on a narrative here.
If finding a player like Waddle after pick 30 is your plan then you have a shitty plan.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:27 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
If finding a player like Waddle after pick 30 is your plan then you have a shitty plan.
Yeah we should have got a guy like that and we'd be fine. I guess we're making things too hard on ourselves.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 10-12-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah we should have got a guy like that and we'd be fine. I guess we're making things too hard on ourselves.
Yes, clearly high caliber WR's come from the first round. I agree. We should draft some there.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:38 AM 10-12-2023
Yes, clearly high caliber WR's come from the first round. I agree. We should draft some there.
Actually far more successful receivers come after round 1, but not per capita.

The best chance of finding an elite WR is to draft one in the top ten picks. The second best chance is to continuously draft WR every year in rounds 2-5.

That's just statistics talking, but it remains true. You either spend for a blue chip, elite prospect in the first 10-15 picks or you throw numbers at it in the rounds 2-5.

Chiefs do not have top ten draft picks, so the latter strategy is the one they are implementing, as seen by spending three 2nd round picks on WR in the last five years. It's what Pittsburgh does.

Chase Claypool
George Pickens
JuJu Smith-Schuster
James Washington
Diontae Johnson (3rd)
[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 10-12-2023
Actually far more successful receivers come after round 1, but not per capita.

The best chance of finding an elite WR is to draft one in the top ten picks. The second best chance is to continuously draft WR every year in rounds 2-5.

That's just statistics talking, but it remains true. You either spend for a blue chip, elite prospect in the first 10-15 picks or you throw numbers at it in the rounds 2-5.

Chiefs do not have top ten draft picks, so the latter strategy is the one they are implementing, as seen by spending three 2nd round picks on WR in the last five years. It's what Pittsburgh does.

Chase Claypool
George Pickens
JuJu Smith-Schuster
James Washington
Diontae Johnson (3rd)
Oh I agree.

But I also don't think......are any of those WR's 2nd contract good WR"s?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:06 PM 10-12-2023
Oh I agree.

But I also don't think......are any of those WR's 2nd contract good WR"s?
Not for my money, they aren't.

But where KC will be drafting, you have a chance to find a stud in the 2nd, but you're going to have to suffer through drafting Skyy Moore. When you're panning for gold, you're going to find a lot of rocks.
[Reply]
Page 109 of 112
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112 >
Up